New biggest rivalry in the AFC West?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New biggest rivalry in the AFC West?

Referring to Chargers/Broncos, obviously. It's still too early to call it that, but it's certainly heading that way. The two teams never had much hate or rivalry between them, but between monday night's much publicized incident, the fact that the Chargers seem to have our number now, and all the trash talking that's been going on between them lately, I know I certainly hate the Chargers a lot more right now than the other rivals.

Of course, it depends on how next year goes. If they continue to just hammer the Broncos into the ground every time they play, it won't be much of a rivalry.

Anyways, I'm glad to see this kind of tension spring up in the division again. It's been a few years since the bitter division rivalries were really alive, and wins are always more fun when they're over bitter division rivals. Here's hoping.

Originally posted by Gul Cratt View Post
    Referring to Chargers/Broncos, obviously. It's still too early to call it that, but it's certainly heading that way. The two teams never had much hate or rivalry between them, but between monday night's much publicized incident, the fact that the Chargers seem to have our number now, and all the trash talking that's been going on between them lately, I know I certainly hate the Chargers a lot more right now than the other rivals.

Of course, it depends on how next year goes. If they continue to just hammer the Broncos into the ground every time they play, it won't be much of a rivalry.

Anyways, I'm glad to see this kind of tension spring up in the division again. It's been a few years since the bitter division rivalries were really alive, and wins are always more fun when they're over bitter division rivals. Here's hoping.
    "You have to start winning games for their to be a rivalry" I think thats at least close to what Cutler said. He's right too.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Well I for one have a long, long memory, Trust me this incident with River's doesn't come close to the things that have gone on between the Bronco's and the Raider's,

This may move the Chargers to second place on the list in front of KC with some fans but It's gonna take a hell of a lot more then this to replace the Raiders as the most hated rival in my opinion..

Mid_Evil_Thymz

Comment

I think for our young players this is the case. Not much has happened between the Raiders and Broncos in recent years other than us beating them consistently (other than that debacle last time we played). So to me many of our young players I bet that is their thinking. I still will always believe its the Broncos/Raiders but the Chargers are quickly climbing up the ladder
        I will be a Denver Bronco for life. Nothing else matters.

Comment

"You have to start winning games for their to be a rivalry" I think thats at least close to what Cutler said. He's right too.
          I agree, its not a rivalry until we beat them. But once we do, this will be more exciting than the raiders, and Chiefs games.

The Cutler- Rivers "conspiracy" ignited a new hatred for me, toward Phillip Quivers and the rest of his classless goons. (minus LT)

Comment

we don't have Rivalries....believe it or not I hate the Chefs more than I hate the Bronks! They have beaten us the last few times and give us a challenge even though they are bad everytime. Denver is cool but it goes like this for me

Chefs (they've had our number)
            Raider (we have beaten them 8 straight times and lost it a little)
            Denver ( although overall records wise, Denver has the upper hand on that one but in the last 4 seasons we killed you)
            DENVER – In the dank and cramped visitors' locker room this past Monday night in Oakland, knowing full well a television camera was catching every word he said to his team, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan wasted no time.

“I hate the Chargers,” he declared.

_Mike Shanahan_

Comment

every team in "our" division is a rivalry

but right now KC is a bigger rival to us than denver or oakland

kc actually gives us a game when we play them (2-2 vs kc in the last 2 seasons)

oakland may even jump up to #2 if they can beat our backups sunday

denver's last on our list , that's what happens when you win 35-27, 48-20, 41-3 and 23-3

if we beat oakland sunday though...denver goes to 2nd on the list

cause we shut out oakland in 06 ...shutouts trump all

next year we start all over and denver may climb the list.

good luck
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Digital_Madness View Post
                we don't have Rivalries....believe it or not I hate the Chefs more than I hate the Bronks! They have beaten us the last few times and give us a challenge even though they are bad everytime. Denver is cool but it goes like this for me

Denver ( although overall records wise, Denver has the upper hand on that one but in the last 4 seasons we killed you)
                last 2 seasons , not 4

remember denver did literally kill us in 05
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                  last 2 seasons , not 4

remember denver did literally kill us in 05
                  Looking at the history of the teams against each other, both teams have periods were they lose 2,3, or 4 games in a row against each other. Since 2000, the Chargers haven't faired well against the BRONCOS especially the 2003 season and 2005 season. BRONCOS have swept the Chargers before in 2 or more seasons straight. So between these two teams it's a slugfest and I can see why the Chargers fans get a little excited by sweeping the BRONCOS two years in a row. But for me I will never have any loveloss for the Raiders.

I wish BRONCO and Charger fans would let this Rivers/BRONCOS dibacle fade away because now it isn't smack talk anymore just whining back and forth. Get over it and look forward to next season!

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
                    Looking at the history of the teams against each other, both teams have periods were they lose 2,3, or 4 games in a row against each other. Since 2000, the Chargers haven't faired well against the BRONCOS especially the 2003 season and 2005 season. BRONCOS have swept the Chargers before in 2 or more seasons straight. So between these two teams it's a slugfest and I can see why the Chargers fans get a little excited by sweeping the BRONCOS two years in a row. But for me I will never have any loveloss for the Raiders.

I wish BRONCO and Charger fans would let this Rivers/BRONCOS dibacle fade away because now it isn't smack talk anymore just whining back and forth. Get over it and look forward to next season!
                    i hear ya, i always like countering lies with truth though

like i said, i had no problems with cutler talking smack to my team, even while losing

i'm surprised broncos fans have a problem with rivers talking smack...especially after lynch started it all ...and that fact is undeniable

we can whine back and forth, but i just present that truth...lynch started it all that game in particular

now did lynch do it because rivers decided to smack talk to some fans who started smacktalking to him , back in denver last season? maybe that was lynch's motivation among other things.
                    sigpic

Comment

you mean, games, not seasons. Two seasons ago, we swept you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                        i hear ya, i always like countering lies with truth though

like i said, i had no problems with cutler talking smack to my team, even while losing

i'm surprised broncos fans have a problem with rivers talking smack...especially after lynch started it all ...and that fact is undeniable

we can whine back and forth, but i just present that truth...lynch started it all that game in particular

now did lynch do it because rivers decided to smack talk to some fans who started smacktalking to him , back in denver last season? maybe that was lynch's motivation among other things.

Lynch is doing whatever he can to get this young team motivated. Lynch does most of his talking on the field as does LT. Frustration can get the best of any man and sometimes stupid things are done and said. Again I look forward next year.

Comment

you mean the last 4 games, which is only 2 season. not 4.

Comment

It would be funny if the Bronco/ Charger rivalry took off and over-shadowed the one the Chargers have with the Raiders.

Raider fans are funny....

AFC west is funny right now anyways.

But.........it'll be better next year.
                            COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerRules6 View Post
                              I agree, its not a rivalry until we beat them. But once we do, this will be more exciting than the raiders, and Chiefs games.

The Cutler- Rivers "conspiracy" ignited a new hatred for me, toward Phillip Quivers and the rest of his classless goons. (minus LT)
                              amen , rivers needs 2 go down hard , the o-line will get better and return us 2 glory

Comment

Working...
                              X