Offensive Line fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
    I'm interested to see what Harris can do, but actually i think Pears can develop into a top LT, his height gives him certain advantages imo, and I think he is a good pass protector....he just needs to stay working hard and developing his technique. Add a littlemore weight to his frame

6'8 320, that sounds real good.

I wish I could share your optimism, but I'm beginning to see why Pears went undrafted......

Comment

In my honest opinion we need to really find the Zimmerman-esq protector which Elway had for Cutler, that one beast that was always there for him and would do all to stop his QB from getting tormented. Zimmerman was so good that he lifted the play of all those one the line with him. If you look at the line we had, we had an All-Pro Left Tackle, All-Pro Left Guard, All-Pro Center, A good Right Guard and a good Right Tacklel; without Zimmerman that line would be a lot weaker and not close to as good as they were.

Point being that we do not have that type of lineman on our line besides Nalen, who is close to the end, if not there now!

I have said we should move down for more picks, and I mean it...Clady would be awesome with our pick now, but we have too many issues. So I say move down and draft my favorite tackle of the draft and most pro ready in Chris Williams from Vanderbilt, after Jake Long and Ryan Clady I think he will be the most capable to come in and start and be a dominant first year tackle, even over the higher ranked Baker.

Even if we do not upgrade LG, C, RG or RT...that little addition will be a huge plus for Denver.

Comment

imo Holland is having the best year of all of our O-line, Kuper has yet to impress me
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
          imo Holland is having the best year of all of our O-line, Kuper has yet to impress me
          I think Holland has done well, so I can agree with you to a point...which is a good one and what is more, look how long he has been here! We need new blood on this line.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
            I think Holland has done well, so I can agree with you to a point...which is a good one and what is more, look how long he has been here! We need new blood on this line.
            i agree our O-line worked for past years but they are now old and injury prone we need younger, bigger o-line
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
              i agree our O-line worked for past years but they are now old and injury prone we need younger, bigger o-line
              And though everyone is blasting the right side, they are bigger and younger, we have Holland, to me we need and a young offensive anchor at left tackle, a center to eventually take over and depth.

Comment

I agree with getting a big time LT. But we also need a big time guard. Im tired of seeing us having a hard time picking up 1 yard. Today we had the ball 1st and goal on the 1 yard line and had to pass it in to get a touchdown. We also needs someone who is going to pound into defenders. Selvin is not that kind of back. I think Travis Henry if focused can be that kind of back.
                Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                  I agree with getting a big time LT. But we also need a big time guard. Im tired of seeing us having a hard time picking up 1 yard. Today we had the ball 1st and goal on the 1 yard line and had to pass it in to get a touchdown. We also needs someone who is going to pound into defenders. Selvin is not that kind of back. I think Travis Henry if focused can be that kind of back.
                  Travis Henry will be a backup at best next season on this team if not a short down back...Henry between everything has ruined his opportunity here in Denver. I would not mind a good guard, maybe Denver can sign Lilja from Indy, he would be a good pickup at left guard.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                    Travis Henry will be a backup at best next season on this team if not a short down back...Henry between everything has ruined his opportunity here in Denver. I would not mind a good guard, maybe Denver can sign Lilja from Indy, he would be a good pickup at left guard.
                    I doubt he will be a backup. Not for the money we are paying him. Maybe if he takes a paycut like walker will have to do to stay here.
                    Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                      I doubt he will be a backup. Not for the money we are paying him. Maybe if he takes a paycut like walker will have to do to stay here.
                      I would almost guarantee he will be forced to restructure...lol. He in seven seasons has only been healthy and completed one entire season in all seven, that was his second year in Buffalo. Between his injuries and drug issues he has had only that one...that is a poor excuse to guarantee him 12 million dollars. LMAO...not the best decision by the Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                      X