Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Javon Walker Going to be Another Problem in 2008?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodyRoark
    replied
    Javon should take it.

Javon should get the surgery but he has worked it off and it seems it'll be better and fully 100% better in 08..

But I see him taking the surgery to have it 100% before the 08 Season and will not have any problems with his knee in 08!!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Joe View Post
    an 8th rounder? 6th rounder? *** are you talking about/smoking?
    Im just stating an option.

Walker still has gas in the tank but 2 knee injuries on the same knee in the span of 3 years spells doom to a WR especially if he's use to be the number 1 WR.

at best we can get a late round pick if we tie up Henry, Walker, and M. Bell all together and avoid the dings we would get if we let Henry go.

Henry also in his contract if someone can find it has a clause that will allow us to get rid of him with the minimum cap hit.

Walker on the other hand is a massive risk and if we can free up his contract by making him restructure. as well add an incentive of pass x yds and x tds get a bonus of x money and add extra x money for every TD and conversion in the playoffs and superbowl. That would free up cash since most of the incentive cash will be payed if he passes those markers. so in reality this could be an 2nd chance for Walker. Restructure, stay on a team that will have him play as a number 2.

Yet Walker being traded wouldnt hurt us if we could snag a pick for him. For walker its a double edge sword he could be traded off and probably end never playing again. Or... he can take a paycut with incentives that will spur him to do better, sit on the pine so he can heal. Either way theres no way he can get back to the number 1 slot espically since his knee is bad.
    Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 12-30-2007, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    To a WR his legs are his life, same goes with RB,

For a QB its his throwing arm and shoulder.

CB his legs and for a Linebacker its his upper body.

I say we can package deal walker, henry and Mike Bell into a trade deal for manybe an 8th rounder or even a 6th rounder. There are teams looking for vet WR, and we can doop Atlanta into giving us a pick if we tie up these three into a trade deal or even get some of the Atlanta D players that are desperate for an out.

an 8th rounder? 6th rounder? *** are you talking about/smoking?

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean View Post
    The Broncos are already going to have to pay their guaranteed money. If we drop them it becomes due on this coming or on the next two years' cap. You know that. We need that money to sign possible free agents and lower round draft prospects than we normally have. Secondly, to cut them means you have to use free agents or draft picks to replace a running back and a wide receiver.

Who do you see the Broncos picking up that is a better running back or receiver than Henry and Walker?
    Well so far a 4th Rounder and an undrafted rookie have shown them up!

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Chad Johnson and Brandon Marshall on the same team? You want Johnson's attitude anywhere near Marshall?

No thank you!!!!!!

Why would the Bengals do that anyway?......
    You mean you don't want a hurricane in Denver with these two.

Hell maybe they would get along.

I can see it now.

Denver Makes history with most amount of fines worth $1,000,000

Leave a comment:

• diesel51
    replied
    I am alot more willing to see Henry go than Walker, despite 2 knee injuries in 3 years.

I say, give him one more year. Let's say he returns next year and performs like he did last season.... With him, Marshall, and Stokley and Scheffler and Graham as compliments, our passing game will be outstanding.

What we really need on offense is a more established running game, thus my reasoning for allowing Henry to hit the market. His off the field troubles, coupled by his nagging injuries and age has hurt his value here.

I also believe that is much safer salary cap wise to cut Henry.

I agree that we need improvement on the OL, so cutting Henry will free up money that we can spend in that department.

Honestly, concerning our OL, I would be interested to know some keen observation from those in the know about who, or what position, needs to be replaced. Did we suffer because they were young and inexperienced? Or were they just getting manhandled? If it was youth, that might actually work in our favor, not against us. They could grow as a unit, getting better and better. What we really need is fireball OL coach back(forget his name).

But with obvious needs elsewhere on this team(DL, OLB, S, RB, OL), we really don't need to be creating more by cutting both Henry and Walker.

I'd love to see Walker restructure, but I'd also like to see Shanahan say, "You know what Javon, this has been a tough year for you, emotionally and physically. We are going to give you a mulligan. Get yourself in shape, and lets see about next year."

What Walker did last season, to me, is enough to give him another year. Yea, it'll cost us more money than he was worth this season, but in the long run, we may benefit more than anyone else.

I mean, think of the options?

Martinez alongside Marshall?
    Pay a FA close to the same amount we would be giving Walker to come in and play alongside Marshall? Is there anyone out there avaliable that would be better than Walker when Walker is healthy? Will they cause problems for our team(Chad Johnson?)?
    Draft a WR to play alongside Marshall? Besides Marshall, can you name the last WR we drafted that played well for us? I can think of only one, and he left on poor terms (Lelie).

I mean, alot of you guys know more than me, I recognize that, but I am failing to see the logic in cutting both, especially with the holes we have now.

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane View Post
    So keep the high priced crap instead of actually filling our roster with those who deserve it?

The Broncos are already going to have to pay their guaranteed money. If we drop them it becomes due on this coming or on the next two years' cap. You know that. We need that money to sign possible free agents and lower round draft prospects than we normally have. Secondly, to cut them means you have to use free agents or draft picks to replace a running back and a wide receiver.

Who do you see the Broncos picking up that is a better running back or receiver than Henry and Walker?

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean View Post
    Unless one or both of them will be unable to play, I would like to keep both of them.

It's my opinion the we need to invest our picks and money in D-tackle, safety, OLB, O-tackle rather than RB or receiver to replace one of them while taking a cap hit for the dead money.
    So keep the high priced crap instead of actually filling our roster with those who deserve it?

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I will say that if we can only take the cap hit on one or the other - Henry or Walker - I'd much rather cut Henry and take that hit than keep Henry, cut Walker, and take that hit.
    Unless one or both of them will be unable to play, I would like to keep both of them.

It's my opinion the we need to invest our picks and money in D-tackle, safety, OLB, O-tackle rather than RB or receiver to replace one of them while taking a cap hit for the dead money.

Leave a comment:

• chefjensen
    replied
    You Have Got To Be Kidding Me

Bring him back no way in hell. His career is done to many injuries and no sign of relief to be totally healthy. Henry and him need to go so we can sign a great interior offense line. Gues what if Jay Culter is going to be as good as we think then we need a great O line for him to do his stuff. Not some injured reciever. Oh and by the way if we don't then get use to the slant passes to stockely because other than Marshall we have nothing

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I will say that if we can only take the cap hit on one or the other - Henry or Walker - I'd much rather cut Henry and take that hit than keep Henry, cut Walker, and take that hit.
    agreed....

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ROCKIES
    replied
    Javon will be back if he's willing to restructure his contract. I feel that Shanahan still has a vested interest in seeing Javon succeed in Denver. Until he actually under goes surgery we can only speculate on when he'll be able to return to the field. Considering what happend to him a year ago I don't feel he ever had a chance to focus on football this season. Hopefully that will change soon.

Leave a comment:

• ndbroncofan07
    replied
    Javon is a beast though i dont know if i can name another receiver that is better than him as far as free agents or the draft

Leave a comment:

• Beast#7
    replied
    Javon walker will be fine! Don't get all worked up, he's going to heal up.

What about Stokley he's missed 3 games in a row, do you guys want him out too? Sheesh, next year will be a better year.

This season was an injury season all around. we lose a man every week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X