How many are mad that we won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I have no problem with the mindset "It's ok either way, or I wouldn't be mad if we lost" but just sitting there and flat out rooting for us to lose is very lame.
    It would have been better to lose, because now that we won, all I can think about is how it hurt us in the draft.

Dont get so caught up in proving fanhood you forget whats smart. It wasnt smart to win this game, but it would be disrespectful to the Vikings and the rest if the NFL to lose on purpose, so its a catch 22. We just have to work that much harder to develop guys and formulate a championship team. I'm up for the challenge, but I'm not in the organization.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
      It would have been better to lose, because now that we won, all I can think about is how it hurt us in the draft.

Dont get so caught up in proving fanhood you forget whats smart. It wasnt smart to win this game, but it would be disrespectful to the Vikings and the rest if the NFL to lose on purpose, so its a catch 22.
      It's a difference of like 3 picks. It's really not that big a deal. Besides, who's to say winning this game won't be nice momentum to catapult us into next season? It's always nice to end the season on a high note.

Comment

i didnt care either way. it was a WIN WIN situation.

we take the loss we go up in the draft. witch was good.

but if we won it would give the younger members momentum to improve themselves. so we won witch is all good
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

It's a difference of like 3 picks. It's really not that big a deal. Besides, who's to say winning this game won't be nice momentum to catapult us into next season? It's always nice to end the season on a high note.
          I agree but thats just a theory as far as winning the last game of the season and using the momentum for next year, where as 3 picks higher in each round is not a theory its actually 3 picks higher.

You have to understand I dont really like arguing why we won when we should have lost, but I just hope the broncos stop playing around and get serious about getting better in the offseason, player development, player acquisitions, perfected schemes and team maturity and chemistry, will get us to the superbowl.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I want to see the broncos win every time they take the field. Here is to the Broncos riooing it up next year.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post

Dont get so caught up in proving fanhood you forget whats smart. It wasnt smart to win this game, but it would be disrespectful to the Vikings and the rest if the NFL to lose on purpose, so its a catch 22. We just have to work that much harder to develop guys and formulate a championship team. I'm up for the challenge, but I'm not in the organization.
              Its better for Denver because?? Uhh was (Dum however you spell it) picked early, uhh was Brandon M. picked early, Was Tony S. picked early, Was Selvin Y. picked early. So far all but one of our good players were not early picks. Thats Jay Cutler.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

I am still curiously awating the replies of a few posters.

Comment

I'm glad that we won.

The organization, players, and many fans needed this win.

I'll leave all that drafting position to the GMs (because that is all the wanting a loss was all about).

Hello Coach, good to read your posts and threads.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

Huge difference between the 8th pick and the 13th pick... If Broncos lose they are locked in with the 8th selection, as the only team with a 6-record. That FG by Elam... dropped them down to the 13th pick!

Lions, Bears, Panthers, Saints, Bills, Bengals and Broncos all finished with 7 wins... BUT... b/c these other teams' opponents winning percentage is lower than DEN... Lions, Saints, Bengals and Bears pick ahead of DENVER. YIP... Lions and Bears BEAT us, yet they still get a higher draft pick!

All afternoon... I didn't really care what happened. If DEN lost... fine... we get a higher draft pick. If they win... cool... we knock Minny out and end season on a high note.

BUT... to tell the truth... when I saw that CHI, CAR, CIN all won... I was kind f rooting for a loss so we could grab the 8th pick!

LOOK... we only have 2 first day picks... Shanny traded away our 3rd round pick... SO, we need all the help we can get. Having the 8th pick in the first two rounds pretty much gives us a great chance to get two impact player for next year...

Anyway... feeling good about a meaningless win does nothing for the future of this franchise. Dropping 5 spots, IMO, is HUGE. AND... given we only have two picks in day one enxt year... can eb the difference between boom and bust. we cannot afford another miss like Jarvis Moss... we need TWO impact players.

Only DJ Williams... the only player drafted from 2002-2004... still on the team. We need to improve via the draft and we must start this draft... Having the 8th pick in round one and two is better than having the 13th pick... We go from having a blue chip prospect, to taking a guy from the second tier pool type of top prospect.

AND... are you happy about this win? A team who pretty much looked up and saw that their season was over... that Washington had won... and that they had ZERO chance to make the playoffs... still found the heart to overcome a 16 point deficit, late in the 4th quarter... on the road!

DEN blows another big lead at home... is almost humiliated once again... to a team left for dead? This team has so many holes... where to begin.

No way am I happy about this win. I do admit this: For a moment... when DEN was up 19-3... I felt content with what was going on. SURE... as a fan... I enjoyed the win... especially being up 19-3. I finally settled into this comfort zone, appreciating the victoy... When I saw the game was tied... 19-19... I was humiliated that this team with ZERO chance at the post season, still mustered a comeback... PATHETIC.

Once again... I wanted the loss... SO, I feel abused... I went on a roller coaster ride... Apathy... to rooting for a loss... happy about a convincing win... humiliated... rooting for a loss... disappointment!

Comment

I'm not mad that the Broncos won, but they did miss out on an opportunity to solidify the 9th overall pick. Now they will be picking anywhere from 9th to 15th, depending on the tie breakers(and possible coin tosses). While they started out strong in the game, which is something to be proud of, they did let the Vikings back into the game to force overtime. Being able to pick from the cream of the crop could help them be a good team next year and beyond. I don't agree with all those who want to find the diamond in the rough in the later rounds. Go for the talent. The higher you pick the more talent you have to choose from. Now that the season is over and the Broncos have at least a chance to pick in the top ten, I hope they get it.

I'm glad they beat the Vikings and showed that they have the heart and desire to go out on a high note, but I would not have been the least bit disappointed if they had lost the game. Of course the Broncos would not lose on purpose just to secure the 9th overall pick, but I am a little surprised that they were actually good enough to beat the Vikings. I figured the Vikings would just run wild over them. They almost weren't good enough though and it's going to take FA and a good draft to make the team competitive for next year.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'm glad we won. Maybe when it gets around draft time, I'll wish we had a higher pick, but I'm glad we got the win to end off the season.

Lets say we get 12th instead of 10th or something. There is just as much of a chance of the 12th pick living up to expectations as the 10th pick. Sometimes the 22nd pick ends up being better than the 8th pick. Its all a crapshoot and 2 or 3 picks in the middle of the round don't really matter.
                        Last edited by BroncsSB#3; 12-30-2007, 06:22 PM.
                        2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

FIVE PICKS FOLKS... that's how far we fell... We only have TWO picks Day One... huge difference between 8th and 13th.

All this victory showed was that once again... any team at any time can steamroll us at home. Up 16 points with like 5 minutes left, beating a team who realized their playoff dream was over (b/c Wash was up BIG TIME)... They still muster the strength the come back on us and tie it? Pathetic... no momentum... Just another game to chip away at the conifdence of this team...

Another example that will linger in the minds of this team, whose mentality is to crumble at the first sign of adversity.

We won this game b/c Taveris Jackson stinks and handed us the ball in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            Huge difference between the 8th pick and the 13th pick... If Broncos lose they are locked in with the 8th selection, as the only team with a 6-record. That FG by Elam... dropped them down to the 13th pick!

Lions, Bears, Panthers, Saints, Bills, Bengals and Broncos all finished with 7 wins... BUT... b/c these other teams' opponents winning percentage is lower than DEN... Lions, Saints, Bengals and Bears pick ahead of DENVER. YIP... Lions and Bears BEAT us, yet they still get a higher draft pick!

Yup isn't it grand?...

So good job Broncos way to pull this one out, and all you 'REAL' Bronco fans should be proud that we went out on a "high note" (one game winning streak ).

And just think Bates and Shanny will have another crack at it next year, MAN I CANNOT WAIT...

Comment

Does anybody really believe that at the start of training camp and week 1 next season somebody in the organization is going to be talking about today's win against the Vikes?

I guess I just don't buy the momentum going into next year crap!

We always here about having to do what is best for this team. Was winning better or picking 3 spots higher better?

I honestly think the difference in picking at 12 instead of 9 is a huge difference especially with the Bengals picking ahead of us. They have a lot of the same needs as us at OL and DL.

Furthermore, I don't think wanting a higher draft choice makes you less of a fan. Afterall, you are wanting a higher percentage of picking up a difference maker in the draft that could turn your team around faster where as winning limits that to a degree. Essentially, you can argue the fanhood either way.

So in the end, I always like wins but I can honestly say the top 10 pick would have been nicer.

Comment

why

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                                Alright! An over time win. For me this will leave some good memories from this season. :thumb: Way to go Broncos.

I wonder how many of the "I hope we lose for a better draft pick" are kicking their dog right now. Are we going to hear about if we would have only been a few draft choices earlier we could have gotten so and so.
                                I don't know why any Bronco fan would be mad? I would gladly draft 19th instead of 18th if it meant one more win even if it doesnt get us in any post season games. I NEVER want the Broncos to lose.
                                It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X