How many are mad that we won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean View Post
    Alright! An over time win. For me this will leave some good memories from this season. :thumb: Way to go Broncos.

I wonder how many of the "I hope we lose for a better draft pick" are kicking their dog right now. Are we going to hear about if we would have only been a few draft choices earlier we could have gotten so and so.
    I'm not one to ever root for my team to lose, but I guess I can understand why some folks wanted it to happen. Most loyal fans are fans for a reason and theyalways want hope.

This game did not add any hope to them for this season and they have already shifted their hope to next season. What's the point of rooting for a team and a game that doesn't give them that and an earlier draft pick would.

I sure am glad they won today, but I'm not gonna condemn those who chose to look for the draft pick. It is just a different thought process and to each his own.
    My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
      I'm glad we won. Maybe when it gets around draft time, I'll wish we had a higher pick, but I'm glad we got the win to end off the season.

Lets say we get 12th instead of 10th or something. There is just as much of a chance of the 12th pick living up to expectations as the 10th pick. Sometimes the 22nd pick ends up being better than the 8th pick. Its all a crap shoot and 2 or 3 picks in the middle of the round don't really matter.

JAMES LAURINAITIS... This is what today's win might have cost us... This draft really has about 12 top prospects... Other than that... pick on need or best available player...

SO... imagine if Laurinatis feel to the 8th spot... Just what DEN needs!

No way we get him now at the 14th spot.

BUT... I would NOW look to trade down and grab a few more picks... Grab a OL, either sweed/mannigham, then that LB from Miami (Gooden)

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
        MAD??? who the hell would be mad!!!!

This was exciting, and it was a relief!

I just wanted them to win! when they win my whole week is made!
        Yup I'm the same way. Its a long way to the the preseason with a loss as your last game. How can you not be happy with an overtime win with a huge stuff by the defense
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
          Yup isn't it grand?...

So good job Broncos way to pull this one out, and all you 'REAL' Bronco fans should be proud that we went out on a "high note" (one game winning streak ).

And just think Bates and Shanny will have another crack at it next year, MAN I CANNOT WAIT...
          you don't have to stay around for next year.
          Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
            I'm NEVER one to criticize someone's fanhood but anyone who is unhappy with a win, I STRONGLY question how much of a fan he or she really is.
            I've been a die-hard Bronco fan for over 30 years, no need to go into how many games I have attended in and out of Denver thru those years. Much less how much my family has spent on Bronco jerseys, and misc stuff.

So am I 'Mad' that they won.. no.

But I am disappointed that winning in OT on a Jason Elam kick just cost the team at least 3-4 draft slots.

I believe after the Bears, Bengals, and Browns won today. A Broncos loss would have given them the #9 pick. That would have been the #9 pick in each round.

Now they are looking at the #12-13 pick, it all comes down to how the strength of schedule works out for all the teams that finished 7-9.

So am I 'mad'... no.

But picking at #9 would have been very interesting.
            Go Broncos !!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              FIVE PICKS FOLKS... that's how far we fell... We only have TWO picks Day One... huge difference between 8th and 13th.

You do realize that the lowest we could get is 9th right?
              2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

I guess the NINERS didn't carry over that momentum from last year into this year, huh?

8th pick or 14th pick is huge!

Today is a Pyrrhic victory... This win is more of a loss for the Bronco Organization that people realize.

(1) Once again... doubt is planted in our heads...w e just cannot seem to hold on to leads, especially in our house. We dodged one today. BUT, for those you think a win can carry mojo into 2008... NO WAY. The opposite could hold true. Once again... this team folded and stayed down when punched.

(2) Having the 8th pick compared to the 14th pick is huge. Laurenitis or some reach... by 14 the #1 propsect at each position is gone... now you're reaching and hoping the next best guy is better than the 4th best guy.

(3) We have two pick in Day one... trading the 8th pick might get you a few more pick (a late first and 2nd perhaps)... More value, of course, than the 14th pick.

(4) 8th pick in the 2nd round is basically a late first round pick. BY the 14th pick in the second round... talent is nearly off the board.

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
                  Not me....I happy as can be that we went out on a winning note.........the Draft will bring what it brings and who cares about that now......I'm just glad we won and by the look of the faces ond reactions from the players.....they are glad they won also.
                  Edit......Beast...I gave ya CP but hit enter and didn't sign it......PEACE!!!

PEACE!!!
                  I thought they were quite happy as well.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
                    Yup isn't it grand?...

So good job Broncos way to pull this one out, and all you 'REAL' Bronco fans should be proud that we went out on a "high note" (one game winning streak ).

And just think Bates and Shanny will have another crack at it next year, MAN I CANNOT WAIT...
                    Did the Broncos pee in your corn flakes or something? Did you bet big against them and lose? Get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      I guess the NINERS didn't carry over that momentum from last year into this year, huh?

8th pick or 14th pick is huge!

Today is a Pyrrhic victory... This win is more of a loss for the Bronco Organization that people realize.

(1) Once again... doubt is planted in our heads...w e just cannot seem to hold on to leads, especially in our house. We dodged one today. BUT, for those you think a win can carry mojo into 2008... NO WAY. The opposite could hold true. Once again... this team folded and stayed down when punched.

(2) Having the 8th pick compared to the 14th pick is huge. Laurenitis or some reach... by 14 the #1 propsect at each position is gone... now you're reaching and hoping the next best guy is better than the 4th best guy.

(3) We have two pick in Day one... trading the 8th pick might get you a few more pick (a late first and 2nd perhaps)... More value, of course, than the 14th pick.

(4) 8th pick in the 2nd round is basically a late first round pick. BY the 14th pick in the second round... talent is nearly off the board.
                      These 8 teams all have worse records and therefore have the top 8 spots. We COULD NOT get the 8th spot no matter what happened in this last game.

1. Miami
                      2. St. Louis
                      3. New York Jets
                      4. Atlanta
                      5. Kansas City
                      6. Oakland
                      7. Baltimore
                      8. San Francisco
                      2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
                        You do realize that the lowest we could get is 9th right?

My bad... Still... HUGE difference between the 9th pick and the 14th pick.

I would have been happy with a 19-3 win. SURE. I could have gotten over the fact that the team NEEDED the higher draft pick more... I would sacrfice for the short-term boost of happiness sucha win would have injected...

BUT... to watch Minny, who knew Wash had won... to watch them score 16 points in 5 minutes... tw tds... two 2-point conversions... watch them tie the game and send it into OT... when they had nothing left to fight for... to watch DEN fold again, at home... Just made me feel worse about the season.

I could care less that Jackson handed us a gift and elam kicked the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                          Its better for Denver because?? Uhh was (Dum however you spell it) picked early, uhh was Brandon M. picked early, Was Tony S. picked early, Was Selvin Y. picked early. So far all but one of our good players were not early picks. Thats Jay Cutler.
                          Scheffler was a second round pick so yes, he was an early pick. He wasn't picked early in that round, but he was a first day pick. And where has getting all these guys gotten us so far? 9-7 last year. 7-9 this year. While Selvin Young might prove to be something special, there's just as good a chance that he falls by the wayside like Mike Bell.

Like I said in an earlier post, the earlier you pick the more talent you have to choose from. I'm glad the Broncos won the game, but they hurt themselves just as much as they helped themselves. There's a reason that the teams with the worse records pick ahead of the teams with the better records. The higher the pick, the better and more talent you have to choose from.

If the Broncos had made the playoffs, I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed in not having a top ten pick. But, if you're going to suck, you might as well suck big. The Broncos sucked this year and they would have done more to help themselves if they had sucked bigger than they did. That's more of a dispassionate observation than anything else. Game day always feels better when the Broncos win, but given that the Broncos were so bad this year, it's hard not to be disappointed that they might not be in a position to draft a player or two that might make a difference. Those kind of players are usually found in the top ten draft positions.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

As the old saying goes........."K sara sara".
                            Reading a few posts before the game, I must admit that #9 sounded much better than #14 or whatever; but rooting for a loss.............NEVER

For players like Cutler, Marshall, Champ and Lynch (even Shanny), it puts a smile on my face to see them happy with a victory and ending the season on a high note after such a brutal season.

We'll be fine.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
                              I thought they were quite happy as well.
                              I'll bet, some of them guys may well have just earnt themselves a job next year, the punter for one had a decent game..............

And if Denver win, then it's a good weekend.................the draft can sort itself out later
                              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                                Alright! An over time win. For me this will leave some good memories from this season. :thumb: Way to go Broncos.

I wonder how many of the "I hope we lose for a better draft pick" are kicking their dog right now. Are we going to hear about if we would have only been a few draft choices earlier we could have gotten so and so.
                                Id rather close the season with a win, just makes you feel much better going into the offseason they still will be in good draft position.
                                "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X