How many are mad that we won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19 View Post
    I'll bet, some of them guys may well have just earnt themselves a job next year, the punter for one had a decent game..............

And if Denver win, then it's a good weekend.................the draft can sort itself out later

YEAH... And the punter actualy pinned someone! WOW. I guess I'm mad b/c the Pats go 16-0 and still get the 8th pick... James Laurintis will fight in nice there! ARGH!

I'm also mad we only have 2 day one picks... I'm happy with Marcus Thomas so I can live with it... BUT... I'm upset that Moss was a BUST this year... Reports said he was a walking injury... and sure enough...

With the state of this franchise... it's absolutely imperative we hit BIG TIME with our first and second round picks next year. We need instant success... We also need BOTH 4th rounders to make the roster and give us depth.

IMO... If we get Gooden (LB) from Miami and Manningham (WR) from Michigan... I could live with it.

I just had hopes for Laurinitis... AND... still had slim hope for Mcfadden.

NOW... I trade down and grab more picks.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      BUT... to watch Minny, who knew Wash had won... to watch them score 16 points in 5 minutes... tw tds... two 2-point conversions... watch them tie the game and send it into OT... when they had nothing left to fight for... to watch DEN fold again, at home... Just made me feel worse about the season.

I could care less that Jackson handed us a gift and elam kicked the ball.
      You know that if the Broncos could choose how they won we wouldn't have this thread. Winning a game, any game, in the NFL is no easy task.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
        You know that if the Broncos could choose how they won we wouldn't have this thread. Winning a game, any game, in the NFL is no easy task.

I realize that... It just reminded me of how pathetic this season was... 4 FGs away from being 3-13... A win is a win... but DEN has ZERO home field advantage the last two years, fold at first sign of trouble, cannot score points, cannot stop anyone win necessary...

What was Shanny doing going for it when a FG makes it a 3 possession game?

Comment

I just ran the strength of schedule figures (and unless I did something wrong)we will be picking 12th or 13th (depending on a coin flip with Carolina). The draft order is:

#9 Cincinnati
          #10 New Orleans
          #11 Buffalo
          #12 Denver or Carolina (coin flip)
          #13 Denver or Carolina
          #14 Chicago or Detroit (coin flip)
          #15 Chicago or Detroit

Now, as for Dean's question...

I am not mad we lost whatsoever, I thought it was comical how hard Shanahan tried to throw the game only to fail in doing so due to Mckinley and Winborn's great play. The players definitely did not quit. But failing to kick two Field Goals to win the game with one of the greatest kickers in the NFL, instead doing a swing pass to your TE, reeks of trying to lose.

I think it would have been "smarter" and would have "benefited" our team more if we had lost this game. Remember, it's not just moving up from 12/13 to #9 (which is essentially a 3rd round pick in trade value), but its moving those 4/5 slots EVERY round. By the time we get to the end of the draft, we'll have lost out on around 40 players that we otherwise could have had the opportunity to draft if we had lost.

So, it's disappointing that we lost in a "long term" outlook on the team. We need some serious draft help, and this hurts us to a point. The early 2nd round is where we get nailed the most. All the teams that jumped us need D-line or LB help. That's going to really hurt with that early 2nd round pick and now we will lose the ability to snatch up a slipping player as these other teams will beat us to the punch.

So, if I'm a GM looking at this meaningless win, I grimace, I know it hurts my draft plans and chances to get more marquee players, it also hurts my trade value in the draft, but I'm happy we won. And as a fan, that approaches the team in the same regard, I share the same sentiments. I'm glad we won, I'll never be disappointed in a win, but it sure would have been more beneficial to lose in the long run.

And absolutely, I will be revisiting this win during the draft. I expect us to miss out on several key players due to this win.

Comment

I completely disagree with MUG in that Shanahan was trying to lose, but I am thrilled with the win.

Comment

MY BAD... I just saw the update...

DEN picks 12th... Bills pick ahead of us b/c we beat them... we pick ahead of CAROLINA b/c opponent's winning percentage is 2 games better for Panthers...

SO... I originally thought DEN slipped from8th to 14th... then... 9th to 14th... goign from 9th to 12th STILL HURTS but not as bad as 9th to 14th.

Comment

We have the 12th pick in Rounds 1 and 2... then the 12th & 21st pick in round 4...

Do we go with 4 players? Try to package the 3 and 4 and move up in the second? Trade dwon in the first and pick up a late 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

What to do?

I still have Gooden (LB), Manningham (WR), plus a OL and DT on my wish list

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  I completely disagree with MUG in that Shanahan was trying to lose, but I am thrilled with the win.
                  Please Ravage, he threw the game and all the players participated in that "fake" celebration when Elam won.

Did you see Elam pump his fists after he made it? It was a 30 yarder he knew he would make it, seemed a little over the top to me.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

wow

Originally posted by atl-bronco View Post
                    As the old saying goes........."K sara sara".
                    Reading a few posts before the game, I must admit that #9 sounded much better than #14 or whatever; but rooting for a loss.............NEVER

For players like Cutler, Marshall, Champ and Lynch (even Shanny), it puts a smile on my face to see them happy with a victory and ending the season on a high note after such a brutal season.

We'll be fine.

I agree with you completly! I just can't fricking believe some of these people. If the Broncos win there are millions of posts how shanny/cutler/bates/popcorn vendor outside sec 318 all HAVE GOT TO GO because they just ain't the right people for this franchise or they have lost their coaching touch or put too much butter on the popcorn. Now we win and the same people are *****un because of draft picks!!!!!! Give the negativity a rest here please. The BRONCOS won. all is the way it should be in Dnever tonight and still there are complaints! Whatever. I hope to be at the stadium on Tuesday to show some mad love for D-Will and celebrate being the best thing in the world that I can be. A Broncos fan!!!!!:

Happy New Year everyone
                    It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

Comment

The Ravens / Jets / Falcons / Panthers all managed to pull out wins today instead of taking an intentional dive or worry about draft status.

I was glad that we won as well and that the players like Young and Marshall played with heart.

On to the draft picks: Shanny routinely gets bashed for his history of choices in the draft, and half will bemoan who ever he picks anyways because it doesn't match up to their "mock draft" or their idea of us filling a need with the right player.

Shannahan wasn't supposed to pick 11th last year, but he made a move to do so. Does anyone think that if there is a player Shannahan thinks he can make a play for a few slots ahead, he won't try for it?
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                        Please Ravage, he threw the game and all the players participated in that "fake" celebration when Elam won.

Did you see Elam pump his fists after he made it? It was a 30 yarder he knew he would make it, seemed a little over the top to me.
                        yeah.. Ok. I'm sure they practiced this in the mirror at the hotel, trying to look sincere. I'M SURE the team got together, and said "if we win, try to look happy." Yeah.. that makes sense. Boy, you really showed me there I mean, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT that Elam would do a fist pump after a game winning, OT, FG? Yeah.. thats over the top

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
                          The Ravens / Jets / Falcons / Panthers all managed to pull out wins today instead of taking an intentional dive or worry about draft status.

I was glad that we won as well and that the players like Young and Marshall played with heart.

On to the draft picks: Shanny routinely gets bashed for his history of choices in the draft, and half will bemoan who ever he picks anyways because it doesn't match up to their "mock draft" or their idea of us filling a need with the right player.

Shannahan wasn't supposed to pick 11th last year, but he made a move to do so. Does anyone think that if there is a player Shannahan thinks he can make a play for a few slots ahead, he won't try for it?
                          Exactly. I'm just glad to see that the players on this team aren't the quitters and 'divers' that so many of the posters want us to be.

Comment

yeah.. Ok. I'm sure they practiced this in the mirror at the hotel, trying to look sincere. I'M SURE the team got together, and said "if we win, try to look happy." Yeah.. that makes sense. Boy, you really showed me there I mean, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT that Elam would do a fist pump after a game winning, OT, FG? Yeah.. thats over the top
                            Ravage, c'mon now, we could have kicked a FG and made it a 3 score game(19 point lead), but we went for it and completed a pass.....for a loss of 4 yards. We tried to lose, but the Vikings at the end of the game didnt take that final drive into FG range....they had breezed to the endzone the past two drives, and the conversions to boot. i think they wanted to lose as well towards the end of the game, Washington had just won.

Nobody can deny we could have kick a FG twice and passed it up, then mysteriously gave up 2 TD drives in succession right after passing on those FG's

lol
                            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post

On the current roster... ONLY one remains who was drafted by the Broncos in a 3 year period, from 2002-2004. DJ Williams. Out of all the picks... only one! This team has no depth and lousy special teams play... wonder why?

Moss was a reach. He was the last guy in a pool of 3 Shanny wanted... When the other two were taken, he overreacted and traded up for Moss... He had a rep for being a high risk... injury prone reach. We need an edge rusher... missed PK in free agency... then just threw out #1 pick away going for MOSS. ONE lousy sack. WOW! We should have traded back... grabbed Harris (LB) plus another pick...

Shanny is great at finding gems... BUT... that doesn't help when you cannot grab bonafide talent early in the draft. Shanny as a GM has been LOUSY, and this team is hurting b/c of the talent... or lack of talent... and that is a drect result of Shanny's drafts.

Comment

Exactly. I'm just glad to see that the players on this team aren't the quitters and 'divers' that so many of the posters want us to be.
                                Hey you act like we're betraying the team, all we want is a better year next year, who cares we're 7-9 or 6-10 this year, but next year we would have a head start if we lost today.

Not saying its impossible to win the SB next year, but its a just a little harder now.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X