How many are mad that we won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32n33 View Post
    I agree with you completly! I just can't fricking believe some of these people. If the Broncos win there are millions of posts how shanny/cutler/bates/popcorn vendor outside sec 318 all HAVE GOT TO GO because they just ain't the right people for this franchise or they have lost their coaching touch or put too much butter on the popcorn. Now we win and the same people are *****un because of draft picks!!!!!! Give the negativity a rest here please. The BRONCOS won. all is the way it should be in Dnever tonight and still there are complaints! Whatever. I hope to be at the stadium on Tuesday to show some mad love for D-Will and celebrate being the best thing in the world that I can be. A Broncos fan!!!!!:

Happy New Year everyone
    People who wanted a higher draft pick only wanted what's best for this team in the long run. I don't think that makes them less of a fan. As BTB said earlier, flat out rooting for the Broncos to lose is something I just can't do.

I'm a little disappointed only because of how bad this season was, I thought we'd pick a little higher, and was using that train of thought to help me though the offseason.

To answer Dean's question, no I'm not mad that we won, but I am still disappointed we fell out of the top 10.

I guess that's being a little hypocritical, but it's how I feel.

I look forward to everyone's mock's and wish lists, I didn't see much of college ball except for SEC games of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
      Hey you act like we're betraying the team, all we want is a better year next year, who cares we're 7-9 , but next year we would have a head start if we lost today.

Not saying its impossible to win the SB next year, but its a just a little harder now.
      Its harder now because we moved from the 9th pick to the 11th pick? Really? You think that top 10 pick is SOOOO important, that it would help our trip to the SB? If you honestly believe this, then you again have proved to be to be as clueless as I believe you are.

I'm glad we didn't get in the top 10. The money is TOO high, and the expectations for top 10 picks is just TOO much because of the money they earn. I'm glad we are just out of the top 10.... thats perfect to me.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

Shanny is great at finding gems... BUT... that doesn't help when you cannot grab bonafide talent early in the draft. Shanny as a GM has been LOUSY, and this team is hurting b/c of the talent... or lack of talent... and that is a drect result of Shanny's drafts.

So what does it matter where we draft early if he can't grab bonafide talent regardless? So posters can complain he made a bad choice at 12 instead of a bad choice at 9?

Again if the opinion is he makes bad draft choices, then what does it matter that the Broncos won today?
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Its harder now because we moved from the 9th pick to the 11th pick? Really? You think that top 10 pick is SOOOO important, that it would help our trip to the SB? If you honestly believe this, then you again have proved to be to be as clueless as I believe you are.
          What if we picked 30th instead of 1st, you think that makes it harder?

9th to 11th is a fraction of that and reverts back to whsat i said........ just a little bit.

You just dont understand basic concepts, not my fault.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Exactly. I'm just glad to see that the players on this team aren't the quitters and 'divers' that so many of the posters want us to be.

To be completely honest, if a coach wanted his team to lose, he would not tell the players. The coach would try and lose by calling the wrong plays or ....maybe foregoing a field goal...twice.

To me, those decisions were highly suspect.

Shanahan is a GM for this team, if not in title, then in fact. Whether he did want to lose or not, I guarantee he knew the value of the draft positions a win would forego.

In my opinion, it's a cost-benefit analysis. You compare the value of a meaningless win today versus the value of picking 4 slots higher in the draft each round. And in my mind, and it's ok for folks to disagree, but in my mind you have a meaningless game that has zero value versus some obvious value concerning the draft. It's a no brainer to me. But at the same time, you can never tell your players to lose, you simply try and call a bad game, or again, forego easy field goals for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Can anyone give me a reason why Shanahan did not kick two field goals, either of which would win the game? The first, in particular, was about a 35 yarder.

Comment

What if we picked 30th instead of 1st, you think that makes it harder?

9th to 11th is a fraction of that and reverts back to whsat i said........ just a little bit.

You just dont understand basic concepts, not my fault.
              yeah, thats it. You are talking WAY over my head!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
                So what does it matter where we draft early if he can't grab bonafide talent regardless? Posters complain he made a bad choice at 12 instead of a bad choice at 9?

Again if the opinion is he makes bad draft choices, then what does it matter that the Broncos won today?

He's made great draft choices the last 2 seasons. The drafts before that, he was terrible. So, I'm assuming he has somebody helping him now. And theoretically, we now lose out on the 9th, 10th, or 11th best players in this draft for the intangible "ending the season on a high note", though I doubt it's very high after we basically gave the game away in the last 10 mins.

Comment

yeah, thats it. You are talking WAY over my head!
                  Well answer this, why did we not kick the FG that would have given us a 19 point lead, and instead go for it with a play that obviously wasnt gonna work anyway? I didnt even get to see the play, but it said completed pass to Tony Scheffler for -4 yards? Seriously Shanny knows its more important to start looking ahead than win a measly game in what has become a measly season, and one to quickly forget.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
                    So what does it matter where we draft early if he can't grab bonafide talent regardless? Posters complain he made a bad choice at 12 instead of a bad choice at 9?

Hard to argue that point... My only thing... When we do pick high (Cutler/DJ)... we cannot miss... B/C the talent in the first 12 picks is that good... Shanny's problems come when he has to chose from the tier two pool... Guys who are not as good as the top picks... but... supposedly better than the rest.

At first... I thought we slipped to 14h... I was afraid we were falling into that territory where Shanny had to think.

NOW... even with the loss... We still take the best guy on the board... and... normally when you're talking about the 12th pick... you're getting a good player.

NOW... back to my main point: A loss today could have gotten us Mcfadden or Laurenitis. Laurinitis was my choice. He was right on the edge of slipping to us... Thinks Sims, Willis... I think we HAVE to get a stud LB in this draft. Match that up with DJ and we return to our strength... DEN's defense has been built around the stud LB corps... Get a STUD rookie, DJ, and top free agent... get that GREAT LB group... that makes up for a young, inexperienced line.

NOW... with Laurenitis gone... Shanny has to chose. who is better? The #2 pick (guy from USC), Gooden from Miami... LB from Penn State... Gholston from Ohio State?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                      He's made great draft choices the last 2 seasons. The drafts before that, he was terrible. So, I'm assuming he has somebody helping him now. And theoretically, we now lose out on the 9th, 10th, or 11th best players in this draft for the intangible "ending the season on a high note", though I doubt it's very high after we basically gave the game away in the last 10 mins.

Jarvis Moss is a B-U-S-T... Even if he has talent... He's a walking injury and will never be healthy enough to make a difference. I think Crowder and Thomas were solid picks though.

Still, Shanny traded up for Moss and he failed to achieve what we needed this year. Maybe he'll be something in the future... right now though, I have to say Moss goes down in the pantheon on first round Shanny mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        Jarvis Moss is a B-U-S-T... Even if he has talent... He's a walking injury and will never be healthy enough to make a difference. I think Crowder and Thomas were solid picks though.

Still, Shanny traded up for Moss and he failed to achieve what we needed this year. Maybe he'll be something in the future... right now though, I have to say Moss goes down in the pantheon on first round Shanny mistakes.
                        You gotta give him more than a year before you call him a bust, he wasnt supposed to breakout this year, he's suposed to get experience and get some more meat on his frame.

As it stand right now though your right, if he was injury prone..... he sure got injured early.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

You gotta give him more than a year before you call him a bust, he wasnt supposed to breakout this year, he's suposed to get experience and get some more meat on his frame.

As it stand right now though your right, if he was injury prone..... he sure got injured early.
                          Maybe he'll be something... BUT... he almost blew his knee out in training camp... then... did actually get hurt for the season after a couple game. That's two injuries in one campaign...

On top of that... We were billed to be a SuperBowl player... Moss was selected to give us an edge rusher on passing downs... I'm sure they thought he would have more than one sack.

Even when he played... he had zero impact... never really knokced balls down, rushed the QB... made plays!

I hope he develops and plays... BUT... He's basically still a rookie next year b/c he didn't get much experience this year.

We have so many needs... hard to invest one of our 2 Day One picks on another DL though. Have to hope our investment in Thomas, Crowder and Moss pay off!

Comment

we had no shot at Mcfadden either way and has Laurinitis even declared?
                            Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                              Is that your medical opinion, Doctor?
                              Again... I hope I'm wrong. DEN has too much invested in Moss... if he is a bust, DEN is in trouble. BUT... two serious injuries in one season is not good... He missed a season in college...

Basically... next year he's still a rookie, b/c he got little experince this year... AND... next year will be his second football season in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar View Post
                                we had no shot at Mcfadden either way and has Laurinitis even declared?
                                I didn't realize Laurenitis wasn't a senior. I'm over the draft pick now. Getting 11 or 12 is not too shabby... compared with 9. I thought we slipped from 8 to 14. I was bummed.

Comment

Working...
                                X