How many are mad that we won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Hard to argue that point... My only thing... When we do pick high (Cutler/DJ)... we cannot miss... B/C the talent in the first 12 picks is that good... Shanny's problems come when he has to chose from the tier two pool... Guys who are not as good as the top picks... but... supposedly better than the rest.

At first... I thought we slipped to 14h... I was afraid we were falling into that territory where Shanny had to think.

NOW... even with the loss... We still take the best guy on the board... and... normally when you're talking about the 12th pick... you're getting a good player.

NOW... back to my main point: A loss today could have gotten us Mcfadden or Laurenitis. Laurinitis was my choice. He was right on the edge of slipping to us... Thinks Sims, Willis... I think we HAVE to get a stud LB in this draft. Match that up with DJ and we return to our strength... DEN's defense has been built around the stud LB corps... Get a STUD rookie, DJ, and top free agent... get that GREAT LB group... that makes up for a young, inexperienced line.

NOW... with Laurenitis gone... Shanny has to chose. who is better? The #2 pick (guy from USC), Gooden from Miami... LB from Penn State... Gholston from Ohio State?
    We wouldnt be taking Lauranitis anyway.He plays mlb same as D.J.Unless they plan on moving DJ again which I highly doubt.We will trade 1st rounders with some team that wants a QB and still get a player at a need position DT,OT or LB just like we would have anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by utebroncofan View Post
      We wouldnt be taking Lauranitis anyway.He plays mlb same as D.J.Unless they plan on moving DJ again which I highly doubt.We will trade 1st rounders with some team that wants a QB and still get a player at a need position DT,OT or LB just like we would have anyway.
      YEAH... I overreacted about the draft position... 11 or 12 isn't bad. I agree we'll trade away to get a few Day One picks... 2 isn;t good when you have many holes. PLUS... I think the players we need will be there later on in the first... UNLESS... Shanny loves one of those OT/DT prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        Again... I hope I'm wrong. DEN has too much invested in Moss... if he is a bust, DEN is in trouble. BUT... two serious injuries in one season is not good... He missed a season in college...

Basically... next year he's still a rookie, b/c he got little experince this year... AND... next year will be his second football season in 4 years.
        Hey I agree with your view, I wasnt impressed with Moss, except on his one sack he showed amazing closing speed.

I wasnt very impressed with Marcus Thomas either, only Crowder looked good to me this year.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Guys theres no 100% garentee that those top 10 players in the draft could impact this team.

For all we know they can all bust whoever they go to. Theres no 100% garentee.

Reason why the top 10 players go out in the combine is because they know well enough the higher their star rises the more money they get.

Last years draft of RB's only AP is doing decent most if not all of the top 10 RB's are bust or have not played.

Out of all the top 10 only a handful could be considered impact players and thats a few and wide.

I think the middle area of the draft from number 11-35 holds more gems then most people realize. These players that get scored low have a bone to pick with the people that judged them. So they want to prove everyone else wrong by doing well.

Also by methods Offensive Linemen aren't found in the top 10. We need to fix the Left side of the O-line

We also need a OLB or WILL, and maybe another DT or an impact DE.

As well as a SS to study under Lynch. I think the Punter that won the derby is doing decent, for someone who just got picked up if he can refine his foot I think he could do an easy 55.

The thing is an HB/TB/RB will come in the middle of the draft first and foremost. Were not gonna spend a 1st round pick to get a back, since most of those backs will have an huge ego.

I see mostly our Draft be

1st LT
          2nd DE
          3rd RB/HB/TB
          4th LB
          4th S
          5th WR
          6th LB
          7th RT/LG
          7th P
          8th WR/KR
          Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 12-30-2007, 08:49 PM.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

who cares about the pick

who cares what position we pick at. There are good players in the first round that we could pick up, we may even trade down to get some depth.

That win was a big win! I loved it, its too bad that we didnt hold them down though!
            Go Broncos!!!

Comment

It sounds like everyone is either elated or resigned to the fact that we will be picking either 11 or 12.

Without the weekly games things really start to slow down around here. Next sign our up free agents and look at who is on the market.

Comment

So, I think winning is a big step in the right direction. It takes more than talent than a couple of draft picks can give us, we need to know how to win. I wouldn't want the Broncos to forget how good it feels to win, and know they know what that feeling is like, and can take it into the offseason.

Jason Elam should be our team MVP!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!

Comment

I am not mad that the Broncos won. I am happy. I preferred that they close out the season with a win. When it comes to draft picks we have done fairly well with players (except that one guy, who I don't think I have to mention his name). We have even gotten guys that weren't even drafted and they turned out to be good players (Rod Smith for example). Higher numbers in the draft don't always denote the good players. Most are just so hyped coming out of college that they can't deal with the pressures of the NFL (does Ryan Leaf ring any bells .)

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore Bronco Babe View Post
                    I am not mad that the Broncos won. I am happy. I preferred that they close out the season with a win. When it comes to draft picks we have done fairly well with players (except that one guy, who I don't think I have to mention his name). We have even gotten guys that weren't even drafted and they turned out to be good players (Rod Smith for example). Higher numbers in the draft don't always denote the good players. Most are just so hyped coming out of college that they can't deal with the pressures of the NFL (does Ryan Leaf ring any bells .)
                    Totally agree!! And, yes, Ryan Leaf rings a few bells and also makes me nearly lose my lunch. Leaf, thank goodness, is now only a distant memory. First pick means little....just a higher price tag.

By the way, some of these Rivers sigs are priceless. Cruel, but priceless.

Comment

Working...
                    X