Elam is Lone Record Holder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elam is Lone Record Holder!

Congrats to Jason Elam on yet another awesome season! As of today, he's the sole record holder for the most 100 point seasons! Morten Andersen was 1 point away today (99 total during the season) on tying Jason for that record! So that makes it 15 seasons with 100 or more points. Mind you, that's 15-straight seasons as well.

May we re-sign him this offseason!
    Last edited by CB123; 12-30-2007, 05:04 PM.
    "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Elam is awesome and possibly my favorite player in the NFL but his leg is kinda dying down, I hope he can come back but didnt they just sign a new kicker?

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
      Elam is awesome and possibly my favorite player in the NFL but his leg is kinda dying down, I hope he can come back but didnt they just sign a new kicker?
      Yeah, but we'll see if they keep Prater or not. Might be good insurance incase anything does happen with Elam this offseason.

Comment

Elam rocks and I NEVER have anything bad to say about him.

ELAM ROCKS!!!!

I remember Shanny saying during TC, that the ONLY player who's spot is secure is Jasons. When he's says he can't do the job anymore, we'll get a new kicker.

I don't know what next season and TC hold, but to know that Mike feels that way about Elam.........makes me feel better about his chances of being here until retirement.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Elam has done a fine job for the Denver Broncos.
          He has been a class act as well as an awesome kicker.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
            as well as an awesome kicker.

Oh he's a KICKER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well now, that just changes everything......

hehehehe

PEACE!!!

Comment

Way to go, #1

Whilst his leg may not have the range it used to, there's noone in the league I'd rather have lining up with the game on the line, dude's got ice water running through his veins
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Jason Elam is my third favorite Bronco of all time next to of course Atwater and Elway.
                sigpic
                Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Elam has been one of my fav Broncos for a long time!!

He is Awesome!!!

Congrats Elam..You never let us down

Comment

Wait a minute, what happened to the "Elam is losing his touch", "He's getting too old too play"? Now he's the best ever and "You never let us down" all of that? You all confuse me.
                    I've had faith in Elam this whole season. Not for nothing is he one of the best kickers in the league.
                    I believe that he'll be back for next season. But I also believe that we'll have someone under him. Elam is definitely the best person to learn from.
                    to Elam.

Comment

Elam is fine. He's kicked 15 consec. field goals w/o missing.

The new kicker was brought in for kickoffs. he's got kick power, but no accuracy what soever.
                      The Valiant History of the AFC West (Except for the Chargers):

Denver Broncos: 2x World Champions. 6x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.532)
                      Oakland Raiders: 3x World Champions. 5x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.590)
                      Kansas City Chiefs: 1x World Champions. 2x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.528)
                      San Diego Chargers: NEVER BEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS. 1x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.493)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                        But I also believe that we'll have someone under him. Elam is definitely the best person to learn from.
                        to Elam.
                        While I agree with the idea, I don't think we'll take up a roster spot for a backup kicker

As for Elam's future, I feel really confident he'll be back. It makes sense for Elam at this point in his career to want to stay here because it's familiar (and the altitude can't hurt either ) As for the Shanny and the boys upstairs, it seems to me they have a lot of work to do this offseason and the last thing they want to do is worry about having a question mark at kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
                          While I agree with the idea, I don't think we'll take up a roster spot for a backup kicker

As for Elam's future, I feel really confident he'll be back. It makes sense for Elam at this point in his career to want to stay here because it's familiar (and the altitude can't hurt either ) As for the Shanny and the boys upstairs, it seems to me they have a lot of work to do this offseason and the last thing they want to do is worry about having a question mark at kicker.
                          What about having someone on practice squad to "replace" Elam when he's ready to go.
                          Isn't that what the practice squad for?

Comment

I really hope that he is re-signed. It is pretty unusual to have the same kicker for so long. These past 15 years have gone by so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                              Wait a minute, what happened to the "Elam is losing his touch", "He's getting too old too play"? Now he's the best ever and "You never let us down" all of that? You all confuse me.
                              I've had faith in Elam this whole season. Not for nothing is he one of the best kickers in the league.
                              I believe that he'll be back for next season. But I also believe that we'll have someone under him. Elam is definitely the best person to learn from.
                              to Elam.
                              I can only hope the ones that said such stuff, were just a minority! Speaking for myself, I've had faith in Elam this entire season... even when he missed a few in the beginning. I just knew he'd get back in the saddle and finish this season solidly. I'd love to see him in a BRONCOS uniform next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X