Cutler lost confidence in Javon Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler lost confidence in Javon Walker

Since Javon has come back, the most catches he had was 2. Cutler also don't give him as many looks.

Remember in Preseason and the 1st 3 weeks? I think Walker had three consecutive 100 yard games before he got injured.

Can Cutler and Javon get their timing right for next year? Or is he as good as gone?

He'll be fine.

It's not so much about Jay losing confidence in Walker, it's more of Jay being more comfortable with Marshall.

Comment

I don't think Cutler 'lost confidence' in Javon. I think Javon isn't at 100%, and I think Cutler will always be more inclined to go to Marshall and Scheffler over Walker and Graham because those guys were drafted with him.

I don't know if Walker is 'as good as gone'. I think he's probably going to have to restructure, and if he doesn't, I don't know if the Broncos will take a chance on him next season, especially with so many other needs. But I don't think it has anything to do with Jay losing confidence in him.
      sigpic

Comment

I dunno, I'm thinking that Walker's probably been in pain for the last half of the season...it'll definitely have affected his route running and so he just won't be able to get open so much, not to mention lower his YAC which was always one of his fortes.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I dunno if its quite that, Javon still doesnt look like hes really....playing well. Martinez and mustard saw more action today and thats how its been lately. I still believe if he can come out healthy he will be a good weapon for Cutler but right now hes just not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            I don't think Cutler 'lost confidence' in Javon. I think Javon isn't at 100%, and I think Cutler will always be more inclined to go to Marshall and Scheffler over Walker and Graham because those guys were drafted with him.

I don't know if Walker is 'as good as gone'. I think he's probably going to have to restructure, and if he doesn't, I don't know if the Broncos will take a chance on him next season, especially with so many other needs. But I don't think it has anything to do with Jay losing confidence in him.
            I hope he restructures. I like the guy, and I think he wanted to prove to himself and Dwill that he was going to be that "guy".

Instead, he had a bad knee injury... again.

He has a large contract, but think of how scary we'll look on offense with Walker, Marshall, and Scheffler.

Well... we actually need better pass protection to get them the ball.. so keeping Javon and/or trading him might come in handy..

Just don't cut him, it'll kill us in the CAP.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              I hope he restructures. I like the guy, and I think he wanted to prove to himself and Dwill that he was going to be that "guy".

Instead, he had a bad knee injury... again.

He has a large contract, but think of how scary we'll look on offense with Walker, Marshall, and Scheffler.

Well... we actually need better pass protection to get them the ball.. so keeping Javon and/or trading him might come in handy..

Just don't cut him, it'll kill us in the CAP.
              dude!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you forgot about Stokley working the slot machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
                dude!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you forgot about Stokley working the slot machine!
                That has naaasty connotations

I don't know what the implications of cutting Walker would be. I think trading him would also incur a penalty. But who would take him in his current state?
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
                  ....Oops.

Oh well.

And Stokes... happy?

Comment

They'll be fine, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by kdayZn View Post
                      Since Javon has come back, the most catches he had was 2. Cutler also don't give him as many looks.

Remember in Preseason and the 1st 3 weeks? I think Walker had three consecutive 100 yard games before he got injured.

Can Cutler and Javon get their timing right for next year? Or is he as good as gone?

no i think it merely that walker has been injured and missed alot of mesh time..that and the fact marshel is in the #1 slot and is usualy first look on the reads.then i would also bet walker just isnt up to full strength or speed getting seperation....i really wanted him to take a big part in this last game to rebuild his egogoing into the off season
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

He was pretty confident in going to Walker at the beginning of the season, but lets face it, Walker is NOT healthy, and isn't able to get open most of the time. When he is, they just don't have the timing.

I dont think Cutler lost confidence in Walker, because that would be saying that he lost confidence in Walker being able to catch the ball. Does anyone think that Walker can't still catch the ball? I think he just has a hard time separating from the defenders right now, and the time that was important, Cutler under threw the ball for sure.

Comment

Ayone who has every played an organized team sports knows that being on the field or court together is vitally important.

The fact that Javon started the season so hot lets you know that had he not been relegated to the bench so early in the season that HE not Marshall was going to be the number one guy.

Brandon and Jay deserve loads of credit for making the adjustments when walker went out. Marshall especially deserves big time salutes for stepping up and becoming THE go to guy in Denver. It is only his second season but he is playing at the same level as the top recievers in the game.
                          I don't think that Jay has lost Confidence in Javon at all but not being on the field working together, Javon being a bit hobbled and Brandon's vast improvement makes it tough for Jay to really go to Walker.

I do think that should Javon once again overcome his ailing knee that he will be back and we could easily have two 100 yrd. receivers in a season Like Eddie Mac and Rod did..

One thing is for certain regardless of Walkers return or not th eFuture is Bright for Jay and Brandon.. And T. Scheffler for that matter. They are so young and are good already. Give them three more years and they will be devestating the league.

Here's to Javon coming back strong.

Go Bronco's

Comment

Cutler is not at a point in his NFL career where he can afford to loose confidence in anyone, nor do I think he has.

Comment

Watching the games it seems cutler usually works his reads on one side of the field. When those reads aren't there he'll pull it down and get creative. If walker is on the side he looks at first, he'll most likely get the ball. When cutler gets more experienced, we'll start to see more balanced distribution.

Comment

Working...
                              X