Offseason Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Strategy

Well I guess the offseason started for everybody except Champ.

What we need....

A leader on defense:

I like DJ Williams and think he should stay at MLB, but DJ is NOT a leader. Rather, not a vocal leader. DJ can lead on the field, but I dont like his whole "B-boy" pose he installed with these LB's. For one, its dumb looking, but more importantly, he shouldnt be in the mood to celebrate after the season we had. A leader should lead with passion, not poses.

Speed at Safety:

This will be taken care of automatically because of Abdullah, and if I'm not mistaken we still have Brandon Browner, who was highly touted a few years back. i think them 2 can start and we'd be fine as long as the understand their assignments, if they struggle with their discipline, we always have Ferguson, or Lynch if he come back. Also Sam Brandon wil be back so this problem should be handled automatically, but we NEVER see playmaking by our safeties, just the occasional good tackle up at the line.

Defensive Tackles!!!!!

We really dont have any worth keeping besides Marcus Thomas, so we'll have to splurge there. I say draft 1 and sign 1. Seriously if Jimmy Kennedy is still availiable why not pick him up he's got the beef we need, adn we darn sure dont have that position set.

Consistency on Offense:

Last but not least, we gotta get back to where we were the least penalized offense in the league. We have a very good offense with marshall and Scheffler and Wildcards Stokely and Walker, but we turn the ball over too much imo and get penalized. If we avoid this, we can have more success in the red zone and score more points than we did this year which will lead to more wins.

Just putting thoughts down on paper, what do you think?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

No way would I be comfy starting Browner and Abdullah. I've got to say, we NEED Lynch back next year. He's one of the few *sigh* Lynchpins in this D and we really need his leadership to help rekindle the D's chemistry, not to mention the fact that he still plays at a high level. I'm sure he won't go out like this and he still has a lot to offer on the field and in the locker room.

I still think we need to grab a safety from somewhere, the problem being that there ain't much choice. Maybe a look in the second or third. It's a shame we didn't get one last year considering the choice, but then again we had a major need and we addressed it so I don't hold it against the coaching staff.
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Trade Bly to Dallas for Pat Watkins and their 4th Round Pick...Watkins was benched in favor for Ken Hamlin who was brought in via Free Agency. Watkins was a beast and had a stellar rookie season, plus we get another pick and get rid of Bly.

We need to trade down in the first and get more picks...we do not need a first round linebacker. Go offensive tackle, defensive tackle and halfback. Get a center on the second day, maybe another guard and plenty of all around depth!

Comment

Lets trade for Phillip Rivers and watch the QB battles in camp. Just joking.

Comment

Browner was last seen playing for Calgary in the CFL
          Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
            Trade Bly to Dallas for Pat Watkins and their 4th Round Pick...Watkins was benched in favor for Ken Hamlin who was brought in via Free Agency. Watkins was a beast and had a stellar rookie season, plus we get another pick and get rid of Bly.

We need to trade down in the first and get more picks...we do not need a first round linebacker. Go offensive tackle, defensive tackle and halfback. Get a center on the second day, maybe another guard and plenty of all around depth!

No how about we keep Bly. Becuase we will and he helps make the team better.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

We still have Browner? I thought we cut the guy...

Comment

Mustard had a good game. I wonder what will happen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                  No how about we keep Bly. Becuase we will and he helps make the team better.
                  He sucks and gets burnt every other play passed his way...so yeah I see your argument! See the yellow line I want you to walk it in a straight line one foot in front of the other, then turn and put the tip of your index finger to your nose! I have to see what you have been drinking so next time I throw a bash!

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                    I thought he was cut 2 years ago.
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                      We did- about a year and a half ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                        Mustard had a good game. I wonder what will happen to him.
                        I like Mustard over Nate Jackson , he's a monster blocker, and still can catch over the field
                        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Browner was cut a longgggg time ago! I'm from Canada and hes been playing in the cfl...

Comment

Why would we pick up Jimmy Kennedy? We traded a 6th for him, then cut him in training camp because he couldn't beat out such stalwarts as Antwan Burton and Amon Gordan...

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                              He sucks and gets burnt every other play passed his way...so yeah I see your argument! See the yellow line I want you to walk it in a straight line one foot in front of the other, then turn and put the tip of your index finger to your nose! I have to see what you have been drinking so next time I throw a bash!

The problem is your argument has no facts to back it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X