Offseason Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
    so the truth comes out. He's no good because he's not playing like Bailey. Now I understand the fundamental flaw in your thinking.
    There is no flaw in my thinking, I have said openly I do not like Bly...do you need speak and spell to? I just think he is playing at the level Foxworth is and he sure in the hell is matching Henry in that he is receiving top dollar for second rate output, and that is my opinion. And not only mine, some love him and others hate him...same with Henry, and Walker, sadly with several players on this team! Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      I understand what you are saying Arapaho...I do not like the guy maybe, or it could be something else...

But I think Foxworth is the goner in all seriousness, but that does not mean I like it, I would prefer Fox over Bly...that is my opinion! But no one can deny that Bly got burnt alot this season, even more then Bailey when he was injured...sadly!

what your problem is is you only remember the bad plays...you dont remember the countless pass plays where his wr was shutout,cause tv doesnt show that

also remember he coulda been suffering from the same inlfliction bothering champ..a helpless run defense
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Some people seem to think Dre Bly and other corners are supposed to make every play. Last I checked the guy they are covering and the guy throwing the ball against them gets a pay check as well.

Fans are spoiled bc of Bailey. Corners like him are one of a kind. Bly makes plenty of plays. Its hard to always cover the WR when the qb has 10 seconds to throw the d*** ball.

Comment

Trade Bly to Dallas for Pat Watkins and their 4th Round Pick...Watkins was benched in favor for Ken Hamlin who was brought in via Free Agency. Watkins was a beast and had a stellar rookie season, plus we get another pick and get rid of Bly.
          Dre Bly is not going anywhere. True he's been burnt several times this season. However the root cause has much more to do with the d-lines inability to get consistant pressure on the opposing QB. Heck there are no CB's in the league that can shut down their half of the field if the opposing QB consistantly gets time to go through his reads and come back to the primary or secondary receiver. You can't blame it all on Bly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
            I want people who can stop the run.

an Oline that can give jay a lot of time.

I hope for Javon to get healthy 110%

A true leader on defense. Ravens have Ray, G-Men have Mike, we have...... no one.

Is Lynch going bye bye?
            How about Lynch and Champ?? They are great leaders IMO.
            Last edited by Sanluisboltfan; 12-30-2007, 08:02 PM.

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sanluisboltfan View Post
              How about Lynch and Champ?? They are great leaders IMO.
              Champ is more lead by example, not an emotional leader. But as good as he is, a CB cant really lead a defense

Lynch is the type of leader we need , but who knows whether he will be back next year.

With this Javon Walker article coming out and him stating he doesnt think its a good fit here, another offseason strategy to take is we trade Walker for some cap releif, because the hit will be big.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                I dont think that was the reason....I really dont. There is no way Kennedy was worse that Gordon and Burton, whom both didnt even last the season. Kennedy was released cause the Broncos didnt know what they were doing this year, no other reason.

When we played him last year (1st game of the year) he swallowed our run game.

Same with everybody else they cut this year

KJ
                Hixon
                Sam Adams
                etc.
                Kennedy was released because he sucked. Plain and simple.

He was a high #1 draft pick with the Rams a few years ago and played his way out of town because of his refusal to work hard and play strong against the Run. He was like Gerrard Warren, couldn't rush the passer to save his life but saw himself as Warren Sapp. Hated to clog and was weak against the run.

The Rams got tired of him and shipped him out. Shanahan was gambling that a change of team might help squeeze a useful season out of Kennedy just like it did with Warren in 2005.

It didn't work. Cutting Warren & Kennedy were desperation moves. At least Gordon and Antwon Burton were young players who might have improved with more experience. Turned out they just sucked, leaving the Broncos with nothing at all at DT.

Denver definitely DOES need 2 new DTs (at least) to go with Marcus Thomas, but Jimmy Kennedy will NOT be one of them.

Burn me once shame on you. Burn me twice shame on me! Shanahan isn't stupid enough to make that same mistake again. It's HELLO CANADA for Jimmy Kennedy!

He can join Brandon Browner in the CFL and Sam Brandon can watch with his gimpy knee. Neither of those players will be anywhere near the Broncos roster in 2008 either.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                  Kennedy was released because he sucked. Plain and simple.

He was a high #1 draft pick with the Rams a few years ago and played his way out of town because of his refusal to work hard and play strong against the Run. He was like Gerrard Warren, couldn't rush the passer to save his life but saw himself as Warren Sapp. Hated to clog and was weak against the run.

The Rams got tired of him and shipped him out. Shanahan was gambling that a change of team might help squeeze a useful season out of Kennedy just like it did with Warren in 2005.

It didn't work. Cutting Warren & Kennedy were desperation moves. At least Gordon and Antwon Burton were young players who might have improved with more experience. Turned out they just sucked, leaving the Broncos with nothing at all at DT.

Denver definitely DOES need 2 new DTs (at least) to go with Marcus Thomas, but Jimmy Kennedy will NOT be one of them.

Burn me once shame on you. Burn me twice shame on me! Shanahan isn't stupid enough to make that same mistake again. It's HELLO CANADA for Jimmy Kennedy!

He can join Brandon Browner in the CFL and Sam Brandon can watch with his gimpy knee. Neither of those players will be anywhere near the Broncos roster in 2008 either.
                  Since you seem to know, who's avaliable we could get?
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Well I guess the offseason started for everybody except Champ.

Seriously if Jimmy Kennedy is still availiable why not pick him up he's got the beef we need, adn we darn sure dont have that position set.
                    I don't know what kind of contract he signed, but the Bears picked him up during the season. Still with them as of yesterday...

Had 2 tackles in 3 games, if that means anything....

Comment

I like Mustard over Nate Jackson , he's a monster blocker, and still can catch over the field
                      Keep the Mustard!! Love it!! Cut Graham....

Comment

Originally posted by broncoswin View Post
                        Cut Graham....
                        *sigh*
                        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Trade Bly to Dallas for Pat Watkins and their 4th Round Pick...Watkins was benched in favor for Ken Hamlin who was brought in via Free Agency. Watkins was a beast and had a stellar rookie season, plus we get another pick and get rid of Bly.

We need to trade down in the first and get more picks...we do not need a first round linebacker. Go offensive tackle, defensive tackle and halfback. Get a center on the second day, maybe another guard and plenty of all around depth!

bly played good...you can expect the guy to follow the receiver for so long.
                          we kept 8 guys on the box... and they went one on one...they are going to get burnt eventually. even bailey did.
                          is hard enough to play down the field and you can't touch this guys.

also, we did not have any good safety help...hazma I like, he could end up been a free safety, lynch is past his prime...ferguson needs to go, gold is not playing that good. winborne I like... adams needs to go...bates can stay for one more year. his work has been good in the past...we just have too many new players and young.

walker should go... and so martinez, and we don't need that many tight ends... we need a new center of the future.

I like mallard. he can stay.

Cutler needs to play better....yeah I said it.

we just need a guy like ed reed...he wants out of baltimore.
                          :nono: :devil:

Comment

IMO we definately need to improve our offensive and defensive lines this offseason, there was hardly any pressure on opposing QB's this year, and our O-line collapsed more times than I can count, not to mention the abysmal performance against the run, it's pretty sad when two cornerbacks are the most effective players against the run. The LB core needs some help as well, give D.J. another season to settle in to his new position and we might see him step up as the leader he should be...Ian Gold would probably flourish better with another team, I don't think he is necesassarily bad, I just don't think he is right for the Broncos. I do think we need to get rid of Travis Henry, and seriously consider a trade for Javon Walker, who just doesn't seem happy here. I have no real opinion on Daniel Graham since he really didn't seem to do much this year, which is probably bad considering the amount of money he is making. It is seriously time we look into a new safety because if Lynch doesn't retire this year I am pretty sure he will next year. Beyond that I really think it is just a matter of continuity, and everyone settling into the system and clicking on all gears...the special teams are hard to judge right now, in light of recent events and changes so we may just have to wait until next year to see their performance. The one thing I absolutely believe we shouldn't do is trade our draft picks for more high paid "veterans"...it has not worked out all that great for us in the past, and I would really like to see Shanahan get some young guys who can adapt easier.
                            sigpic

My adopted Bronco Is Matt Prater

Comment

Working...
                            X