It sounds like John Lynch is seriously leaning towards retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sounds like John Lynch is seriously leaning towards retirement

I'm sitting here watching All Access and during the breakdown Brandon Marshall said "We love you John" and then they had a whole thing with Rod. They were lumped together...I've kind of got that feeling. Lynch was almost crying after the game.

Stay or go, we do love you John. He's been a great player here

RIP D-Will and Nash

Winning the game probably will convince him to stay another year to give it another shot at the championship
    The Valiant History of the AFC West (Except for the Chargers):

Denver Broncos: 2x World Champions. 6x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.532)
    Oakland Raiders: 3x World Champions. 5x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.590)
    Kansas City Chiefs: 1x World Champions. 2x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.528)
    San Diego Chargers: NEVER BEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS. 1x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.493)
    sigpic

Comment

I would not mind his return for one more year. He is not longer the player he use to be but he can provide a TON of knowledge to all the young pups.
      sigpic

Comment

Look what Rod did with Marshal, let alone that Javon got taken out early, Rod basically nurtured Marshal to excell.

I want to know how Lynch will do if we get him an understudy. I do hope Lynch comes back for one more year just to pass on the wisdom he has gained from the game.
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

hope he stays
          sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
          GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
            Look what Rod did with Marshal, let alone that Javon got taken out early, Rod basically nurtured Marshal to excell.

I want to know how Lynch will do if we get him an understudy. I do hope Lynch comes back for one more year just to pass on the wisdom he has gained from the game.
            I agree. :thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

Bye John...

He need to retire. The guy is like a hundred years old. Rod need to retire too. Why can't you guys can't face reality. Neither of those guys are a help to the team by staying. If they were going to give wisdom to an understudy then they would have already done that. By the way, don't give B. Marsh accomplishments to Rod. Rod prolly help the guy along the way but B. was on his way to greatness no matter what. You can't teach heart and that's what got B. March to where he's at-buddy. Thanks, John but do the right thing and start a life away from football and with your real family!

Comment

Are you kidding me? Learning is a very long process. Why do you think we go to school for 20 years of our lives and not just 2 or 3. It is a very long process that takes time. Marshall has become a very great receiver this year, in part, to Rod Smith. Taking nothing away from Marshall's accomplishments, he is an amazing athlete, but why do you think Smith is talking to Shanahan about becoming part of the coaching team. He has many things to offer to young players and can do it even better by being on the field in pads with them. With Lynch, if he stays another year that is great, but if he would like to spend more time with his family, let the man. He is an amazing football player and we all owe great thanks to him for his years in Denver. He has become one of mine, and im sure one of many of your, favorite players. All the bull**** people talk about him being a dirty player is pure nonsense. If you analyze his hits, all the helmet-to-helmet hits he got called for were completely unintentional. He is a great man and a great role model.

Rod and John Forever.

Comment

If you look at the way the defense has performed this season and the professionalism that John Lynch shows, I cannot believe that he would retire after a see-saw season like this.

If Mike Shanahan assures him he will be the starter for this club, I think he comes back. He said he needed to talk to Mike and from what he has said before I think he is looking for those assurances. He still feels he can play on a high level, and he also says his family would want him to keep playing.

My gut and what I have heard John say guarantees me that he will be back for another season with the Broncos. The only thing I can see nixing this would be Mike telling him that the Game has passed hm up.

Soon we will see. I think he will stay at least another year if not more.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Doesn't Lynch have one more year on his contract?? If he does, I would expect he would finish out that year and then re-evaluate the situation. The Broncos could really use his experience to help along the younger players. The guy is a leader. Too valuable to just fade off into the sunset.

Comment

If he believes the team is rebuilding, he'll retire. There would no reason to stick around and do more losing. He has a super bowl ring and accomplishments. He should get in the HOF. Why play any longer if the team isnt close to being competitive?

Comment

Originally posted by FireShanahan View Post
                        He need to retire. The guy is like a hundred years old. Rod need to retire too. Why can't you guys can't face reality. Neither of those guys are a help to the team by staying. If they were going to give wisdom to an understudy then they would have already done that. By the way, don't give B. Marsh accomplishments to Rod. Rod prolly help the guy along the way but B. was on his way to greatness no matter what. You can't teach heart and that's what got B. March to where he's at-buddy. Thanks, John but do the right thing and start a life away from football and with your real family!
                        Yeah i agree, i love Lynch but if he stays he starts and i really don't want that. Draft another Saftey he has had good years here now its time to go baby see ya!

Comment

?? I hardly understood your comments

Originally posted by FireShanahan View Post

Dude, First off I never trash fellow Bronco fans ,but you need to get a dictionary or take some classes on spelling and or grammar. Anyway Lynch has provided this team with his veteran presence and 1 more season isnt gonna kill the Broncos, He has no understudy at this point! If they can draft Zibby(ND) he would be PERFECT! Jon can help him get situated. Not to mention Zibby's kick returning skills. B marsh had a great year . He is a stud!but i can tell you hhe is also a sponge at this point with Rod around. I would never take away Brandon's accomplishments and give them to Rod . But it is always good to have that guy around to say "What do i do here?" or any question. And Rod is a CLASS ACT and will help wherever needed, as is JON
                          I hope they both stay on to help get us back where we belong!!

Comment

would be a be loss if he goes not only can he play he brings things to the table only a handful players in the league have number one is that smartness he has number two is that leadership role he can take on defense and help these guys come together to be a great defensive team and lets not forget that hit power dat would knock a wide out heads right off and cause that game changin fumble hope he stays

Comment

It's time. He has been a liability not only in pass coverage but in run defense this season. Sure, the loss of his leadership could hurt but there are always new leaders to step up. It's clear he's not a good player anymore and I'm sure he doesn't want to endure another mediocre season so it's best for both sides if he hangs 'em up.

Comment

Working...
                              X