The Importance of Clutch Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Importance of Clutch Players

Ok guys and girls, after watching the Patriots go 16-0.....I've come to understand why. They are not the best team in the history of the league, but they have been one of the most clutch team in the history of the league. They perform their best when under pressure, the tension is thick and the game is on the line.

That got me to thinking, we need to have clutch players like that on our team to succeed. Its one thing to be good, its totally different to be clutch. If you think about games when we were in a dogfight this year, who came through? Champ Bailey is clutch, Dre Bly showed some clutch this year, and Brandon Marshall did too. Cutler showed flashes of it as well. Other than that I dont know who else we have.

What do you guys know about clutch?
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 12-31-2007, 01:30 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
    Ok guys and girls, after watching the Patriots go 16-0.....I've come to understand why. They are not the best team in the history of the league, but they have been one of the most clutch team in the history of the league. They perform their best when under pressure, the tension is thick and the game is on the line.

That got me to thinking, we need to have clutch players like that on our team to succeed. Its one thing to be good, its totally different to be clutch. If you think about games when we were in a dogfight this year, who came through? Champ Bailey is clutch, Dre Bly showed some clutch this year, and Brandon Marshall did too. Cutler showed flashes of it as well. Other than that I dont know who else we have.

What do you guys know about clutch?

Stoke came through when healthy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
      Stoke came through when healthy
      Thats true actually he did I remember
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Mike Shanahan has proved to be clutch sometimes with his playcalling as well, when he wants to be

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I thought #88 was clutch on third downs, and was our best redzone target this year.

You make a good point Lava, it's not always about 40 times and bench presses, it's more about heart, guts, character and team camaraderie.

Daniel Graham comes to mind also. He stayed in to block to allow his counterpart to make a play in the passing game. We need more of that on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by slick7 View Post
            I thought #88 was clutch on third downs, and was our best redzone target this year.

You make a good point Lava, it's not always about 40 times and bench presses, it's more about heart, guts, character and team camaraderie.

Daniel Graham comes to mind also. He stayed in to block to allow his counterpart to make a play in the passing game. We need more of that on this team.
            Very true, now if only we had some more clutch defensive players up front, because right now we dont have any at all in the front 7

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

"3rd down" clutch is actually different from "end of game" clutch, but still important.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Clutch = Jason Elam

Although his distance has become an issue the past couple of years.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Jay is Clutch for sure. He drove us down the field for game winning drives. Give him 5 seconds from the o line like Brady has and he would cut up a defense!

----------------------------------------------
                  I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Jamie Winborn was clutch on that last play against the Vikings to help cause a fumble so that we could win the game!

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I'm confident when it really comes down to it and the game is make or break, Cutler, Scheffler, and Marshall can get it done. But on defense we need someone like Dumervil or Thomas to break through and make plays when it counts.

Comment

I like Scheff in the clutch. I hope he can stay healthy all season next year and if he does, watch out!

Comment

How many degrees of "clutch" and "good" are there???

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                            How many degrees of "clutch" and "good" are there???
                            extreme passion/poise + extreme skill = clutch

imo

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
                              Jamie Winborn was clutch on that last play against the Vikings to help cause a fumble so that we could win the game!
                              I think Alvin McKinley forced the fumble with his hit while Winborn was hanging onto Jackson's legs.

Comment

Working...
                              X