X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardcorebronco
    replied
    John Elway is the definition of Clutch.

He could take the entire team, put it on his shoulders, and carry them down the field for the winning touch down.

Sorry, had to do it... Give a little shout out to ole John.

Cutler though has come through for us in some clutch situations, Buffalo comes to mind. First game of the season, 5th of his career? He takes the team, drives them down the field and sets up Elam for a winning field goal, watching that drive still gives me the shivers. "Boom! And that's what that's all about!"

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I agree here. In my opinion a player can make a 'clutch' play... but he's not considered 'clutch' until he proves he can do it time and time again.

Making a single 'clutch' play does not a player make.
    Thats generally true, but you can tell Brandon Marshall is clutch, cause he carries so much passion, he always wants to make a play when the game is on the line.

Some of the other guys mentioned in this thread are more clutch plays, than clutch players.

Mckinley and Winborn made clutch plays

Marshall and Elam are clutch players

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    I think I took the spirit of the thread wrong.

Your formula is a good one, but in my mind a clutch player is one that has done it for several years and can be counted on to continue doing what it is they do.

Although some of our rookies had great seasons, they wouldn't be considered "clutch" until they keep doing it year after year.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

:2cents:
    I agree here. In my opinion a player can make a 'clutch' play... but he's not considered 'clutch' until he proves he can do it time and time again.

Making a single 'clutch' play does not a player make.

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
    Jamie Winborn was clutch on that last play against the Vikings to help cause a fumble so that we could win the game!
    I'm pretty sure that was Alvin McKinley. (I follow him closely b/c he's from Mississippi State)

EDIT: sorry, just noticed it was already posted
    Last edited by BaileyTheBest; 01-03-2008, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Max Power View Post
    I think Alvin McKinley forced the fumble with his hit while Winborn was hanging onto Jackson's legs.
    Looking back at the replay you are right -CP to you.

I like Winborn because his motor is always running. He seems to never give up on the play until the whistle blows. We need more defensive players like that.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
    extreme passion/poise + extreme skill = clutch

imo
    I think I took the spirit of the thread wrong.

Your formula is a good one, but in my mind a clutch player is one that has done it for several years and can be counted on to continue doing what it is they do.

Although some of our rookies had great seasons, they wouldn't be considered "clutch" until they keep doing it year after year.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

:2cents:

Leave a comment:

• Max Power
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
    Jamie Winborn was clutch on that last play against the Vikings to help cause a fumble so that we could win the game!
    I think Alvin McKinley forced the fumble with his hit while Winborn was hanging onto Jackson's legs.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean View Post
    How many degrees of "clutch" and "good" are there???
    extreme passion/poise + extreme skill = clutch

imo

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    How many degrees of "clutch" and "good" are there???

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    I like Scheff in the clutch. I hope he can stay healthy all season next year and if he does, watch out!

Leave a comment:

• Gurada
    replied
    I'm confident when it really comes down to it and the game is make or break, Cutler, Scheffler, and Marshall can get it done. But on defense we need someone like Dumervil or Thomas to break through and make plays when it counts.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Jay is Clutch for sure. He drove us down the field for game winning drives. Give him 5 seconds from the o line like Brady has and he would cut up a defense!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Clutch = Jason Elam

Although his distance has become an issue the past couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    "3rd down" clutch is actually different from "end of game" clutch, but still important.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X