Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hotlist on Cutler (Stock Up)

The analyst responded to whether Cutler's stock was up or down:
    "His stock is up. He threw for almost 3,500 yards and 20 touchdowns, a quarterback rating of over 88.

I'll tell you something about those numbers: Those are numbers that Phillip Rivers would be proud of, if only his numbers were that good.

I really like the way Cutler developed this year, especially with other young players like Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, guys he has a very good rapport with. No matter who's the other receiver next year, it'll either be a healthy Javon Walker or be a healthy someone else, I think Cutler makes just as many strides next year as he did this year and is a very solid fantasy quarterback.

I'm expecting again over 3,500 yards but 25 touchdowns. A solid top 10 quarterback."

I thought the emphasis on Phillip Rivers was funny. I agree that Cutler's numbers will be up but I hope his INTs go down to single digits.

Man, it sucks to be talking about NEXT year already.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    "His stock is up. He threw for almost 3,500 yards and 20 touchdowns, a quarterback rating of over 88.

I'll tell you something about those numbers: Those are numbers that Phillip Rivers would be proud of, if only his numbers were that good.

I really like the way Cutler developed this year, especially with other young players like Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, guys he has a very good rapport with. No matter who's the other receiver next year, it'll either be a healthy Javon Walker or be a healthy someone else, I think Cutler makes just as many strides next year as he did this year and is a very solid fantasy quarterback.

I'm expecting again over 3,500 yards but 25 touchdowns. A solid top 10 quarterback."

I thought the emphasis on Phillip Rivers was funny. I agree that Cutler's numbers will be up but I hope his INTs go down to single digits.

That was a shot at Phillip.

Ha. What a funny name.

Ya. Sucks to think I am already counting until the first game.

Comment

I love it! The optimism of 0-0 feels so much better than 7-9.

Comment

Love Cutler and what his future holds. With Marshall, Stokley, Scheffler and another young WR and the emergence of Selvin Young, we are young and talented. O line needs work to open holes for Young and to protect Cutler. Not too impressed with Graham. Get rid of Henry and Walker as they are distractions to the team and selfish players.

Looking forward to at least a 10-6 season next year.

Comment

media coverage

I search everywhere for media tidbits every day regarding the team. I have yet to find anyone that has Real Football knowledge that doesn't think that Jay Cutler is a great QB in the making.

even with a bad season they all tout him as the NEXT great Qb in this league. I challenge anyone to find the same thing being said about Phillip rivers. I am talking about people outside of San Diego's time zone too. not Hower's.
          You Won't.
          It is already common Opinion that the Best Qb Drafted two years ago is NOT Vince Young or Matt Lineart. It is Jay Cutler..

I thought the biggest mistake of the draft was going to be Young going at number one. I will not back off that thinking either. He will always be a run first inaccurate Qb. Though exciting to watch it will not translate into quality wins in the playoff's I said the same thing about another inaccurate run first exciting Qb a few years Ago. Micheal Vick.

Jay Cutler is the future of the NFL. Payton and Brady are gonna be laeving the game when Jay is just getting set to take over. Look around and tell me who at this time is a better Qb then Jay that hasn't been in the league for 5 years??

Mid_evil_thymz

Comment

why would PR be proud of cutlers 20 tds? PR had 21 lol

hell PR had a better 1st season than cutler had

so rivers owns cutler...pretty much
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mid_evil_thymz View Post
              I search everywhere for media tidbits every day regarding the team. I have yet to find anyone that has Real Football knowledge that doesn't think that Jay Cutler is a great QB in the making.

even with a bad season they all tout him as the NEXT great Qb in this league. I challenge anyone to find the same thing being said about Phillip rivers. I am talking about people outside of San Diego's time zone too. not Hower's.
              You Won't.
              It is already common Opinion that the Best Qb Drafted two years ago is NOT Vince Young or Matt Lineart. It is Jay Cutler..

I thought the biggest mistake of the draft was going to be Young going at number one. I will not back off that thinking either. He will always be a run first inaccurate Qb. Though exciting to watch it will not translate into quality wins in the playoff's I said the same thing about another inaccurate run first exciting Qb a few years Ago. Micheal Vick.

Jay Cutler is the future of the NFL. Payton and Brady are gonna be laeving the game when Jay is just getting set to take over. Look around and tell me who at this time is a better Qb then Jay that hasn't been in the league for 5 years??

Mid_evil_thymz
              that's because the media often gets it wrong...and you denver fans even point that out about espn

oh unless they're touting a bronco haha....hilarious

i love that cutler's getting all the love while being a loser.

under the radar baby...just keep winning and ending denver's season every year
              sigpic

Comment

Broncos have to get this guy an OLine. He was hit way too many times this season. Hopefully there is a changing of the guard and we get some beef upfront. Our O Line is just as important this offseason as our D Line.
                A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                  that's because the media often gets it wrong...and you denver fans even point that out about espn

Why exactly did you have to ruin this thread? You used to be a classy poster, now you're just annoying.

Comment

What happened the second season? Is Rivers just getting worse?

Comment

Oh Hai
                      5th best passer rating in afc
                      Guess were your horrible QB ranks
                      And lets not forget your QB has the best receiving TE in football and LT to throw too
                      Take your trolling to smack
                      or better yet
                      log off and /yourself

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
                        Why exactly did you have to ruin this thread? You used to be a classy poster, now you're just annoying.
                        Seriously, JC posts only smack in the GD section now. What happened? He used to be such a good, fair poster....

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

PR had 1 more TD

But he also had 1 more INT, 300 less yards, .6 less YPA (that's huge), and completed 3.5% fewer of his passes.

This with the best TE, defenses stacking the box to stop the best RB, and one of the best o-lines in the game.

Vs a QB in his second year, behind a battered o-line, missing the top 2 receivers much of the year, and undrafted free agent running backs.

Cutler > Phillips. By a mile.
                          Last edited by PowderAddict; 12-31-2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post

Chargers fans are desperate for validation, and they've turned into Richards after they got their feelings hurt.

Just as long as the Chargers keep beating the sht out of the Chefs and Raiders, I'll take my chances with the Chargers......
                            Last edited by stnzed; 12-31-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

First off, I wasn't talking smack about Rivers, just quoting the analyst on the Hotlist.

Second, 1 TD difference is only one stat amongst many:
                              Code:
                              [U]Player	Comp	Att	Pct	Yds	Avg	TD	Int	Rate[/U]
                              Cutler	297	467	[COLOR="DarkOrange"]63.6[/COLOR]	[COLOR="darkorange"]3,497[/COLOR]	[COLOR="darkorange"]7.5[/COLOR]	20	[COLOR="darkorange"]14[/COLOR]	[COLOR="darkorange"]88.1[/COLOR]
                              Rivers	277	460	60.2	3,152	6.9	[COLOR="darkorange"]21[/COLOR]	15	82.4

Add into that the mobility of the QBs:
                              Code:
                              [U]Player	Att	Yds	Avg	TD[/U]
                              Cutler	44	[COLOR="DarkOrange"]205[/COLOR]	[COLOR="darkorange"]4.7[/COLOR]	1
                              Rivers	29	33	1.1	1

And now consider that the Chargers supposedly have the "most talented roster" in the league and he's surrounded by Pro Bowlers and what Chargers' fans have proclaimed to be a top offensive line. So how is it that the 4th-year QB is being outclassed by the 2nd-year guy?

Rivers started off hot last year and has looked decidedly average since then. On the other hand, Cutler started off a bit shaky (although good for a rookie) and has proceeded to get better.

Now, I wasn't the one to make the comparison but I can certainly understand why the analyst made his comments. Please explain how he was wrong.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X