We're keeping Selvin Young, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're keeping Selvin Young, right?

I can't find his contract status. If he isn't a Bronco for a long, long time to come, first order of business this week is to give him a nice, phat contract. This kid is our future.

sigpic

TZ

He's by no means our future. Mike Shanahan knows that these undrafted backs are disposable. I think we can do much better than Selvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
      He's by no means our future. Mike Shanahan knows that these undrafted backs are disposable. I think we can do much better than Selvin.
      He busted his ass this year, all he needed was an opportunity. He runs hard and he's got a good attitude, whats your problem?

Shanhan knows all about quality, undrafted players. Ever heard of Rod Smith?
      sigpic

TZ

Comment

I really like him and think hes talented, but many people exaggerate his skills. He deserves a spot on the team as 2nd back but unless he makes huge changes hes not our future.

Comment

Originally posted by #28 View Post
          He busted his ass this year, all he needed was an opportunity. He runs hard and he's got a good attitude, whats your problem?

Shanhan knows all about quality, undrafted players. Ever heard of Rod Smith?
          Same can be said about Mike Bell last year, and look where he's at now.

Yeah, now your argument is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
            Same can be said about Mike Bell last year, and look where he's at now.

Yeah, now your argument is shot.
            Selvin don't fumble like Bell does.

Now your argument is Swiss cheese, ooooh!
            sigpic

TZ

Comment

mike bell fumbled that one time i can remember on his first carry of the season at Rb i believe in the chicago game

selvin is not that good and will get nowhere near a "phat contract"
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

Selvin has 2 fumbles. What difference does that make? Selvin Young doesn't deserve a "phat contract" like you say, and he isn't our future either. Some people are in love with him and can't get that through their head.

Denver can do much better than Selvin Young.

Comment

Mike Bell fumbled once in his rookie year. Selvin fumbled twice. Oh, and Mike had 7 more TDs too.

Selvin will be known as "Selvin who?" next year. He is by no means our future
                  sigpic

Comment

Lots of hate towards him apparently, hes very talented as I said, just not a superstar

Comment

Selvin began the regular season as the "third down and long" back because the coaches already trusted him at that point to pick up blitzes, and he had just enough speed and hands to catch some screens, swing passes, etc. That's the role he should have on the team in the future, if he stays. He's not strong enough to be the every down back. No disrespect to him. In fact, I really admire what he's done for being a rookie, and especially an undrafted rookie. It's just that an every down back is not his best role.

Comment

It was nice to see Selvin get a chance to show us what he can do.

He reminds me of a poor mans Brian Westbrook.

The only problem with Selvin is that he seems to always get that one hit that derails him of his performance for the rest of the game.

No, he is not our future. Might as well keep him with his low contract, but he is not our future stud.... (I wonder if we'll ever get one).

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          It was nice to see Selvin get a chance to show us what he can do.

He reminds me of a poor mans Brian Westbrook.

The only problem with Selvin is that he seems to always get that one hit that derails him of his performance for the rest of the game.

No, he is not our future. Might as well keep him with his low contract, but he is not our future stud.... (I wonder if we'll ever get one).
                          We will, but then we'll trade him as always
                          sigpic

Comment

Let's just move him to fullba.... wait, that doesn't work!

I think Selvin is fine in staying with the Broncos, imo.
                            "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

For a guy that wasn't even drafted he is a hell of a find for the Broncos. He has been the workhorse. He has stepped up in the absence of Travis Henry and has been impressive. I've been quite delighted in watching this rookie run. He has ripped off some great runs. If not for that penalty yesterday he would have had a touchdown. Sure the kid has fumbled the ball, who hasn't. Most of his work has turned into short runs but he does keep pushing forward. I really hope they keep Selvin for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X