Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanahan staying , Falcon Rumors Bogus

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7845395

There had been an Internet report last week saying Atlanta was interested in Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

"You just have to ask me and you'd find out none of it is true," Shanahan said. "It absolutely is not true. You don't have to worry about speculation."
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

THANKS HEAVENS!!

I WAS SO WORRIED!!!

Comment

Ok, I just want to state this because it's clear that some of you around here don't actually read the threads and subsequent posts.

The rumor WAS NOT that Shanahan was going to Atlanta or interested in going to Atlanta. What was reported by both an Atlanta and Denver radio station, along with PFT.com, was that Atlanta was simply interested in Shanahan and were looking to see if there was a way to lure him there.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
        http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7845395

There had been an Internet report last week saying Atlanta was interested in Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

"You just have to ask me and you'd find out none of it is true," Shanahan said. "It absolutely is not true. You don't have to worry about speculation."
        Captain Subtext: Don't worry, it's absolutely not true. Atlanta aren't interested in me. I'M INTERESTED IN THEM! *picks up phone*

Dun-dun-duuuuuuh!
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

This is the first I have heard about this. It was probably made up by some pathetic lowlife. Last I heard Atlanta was wanting to talk to Marty Shottenhiemer. It will take alot more than two losing seasons for Pat Bowlen to fire Mike Shanahan. Mike isn't going anywhere for a very long time.

Comment

Well im not giving up hope that Shanahan is going to get gone just yet. With that im mind I dug this up, somewhere...

Our good friend Dino Costa, whose weekday radio show can be heard in 87 percent of Colorado, asked Broncos coach Mike Shanahan after Sunday's season-ending win about rumors linking Shanahan to other jobs.

Most recently, some Internet hack linked Shanahan to the vacancy in Atlanta. Previously, there was speculation that Shanahan could make the jump to Michigan.

Here's the Q&A, per Costa:

Costa: "Mike, with the end of the season now here, I suppose this is an appropriate time to ask you about your own future. There have been some reports, and some speculation concerning your future with the Broncos, and I'm hoping you can clarify some of this."

Shanahan: "What kind of speculation are you referring to?"

Costa: "Speculation that has your name possibly linked to either some high profile college jobs, or some position with another NFL team."

Shanahan: "All you have to do is ask me. . . . I'm the one to answer those kinds of questions . . . and I tell you now that there is no credibility with any of those reports. None."

Fine. Good. Costa supplies it, Shanahan denies it.

But then something strange happened. In the post-game quotes sent out by the Broncos' P.R. staff, there was no mention at all made of the exchange.

So how does that happen? Was Shanahan's denial deemed not to be worthy of inclusion? Or did Shanahan tell someone to leave it out, lest he eventually be perceived as failing the public-opinion polygraph if/when he leaps to a new organization?

We've also heard on the media grapevine that efforts have been made by some to sniff around the Broncos organization regarding the Falcons rumor, and that everyone is clamming up on this one.

Thus, while Shanahan might be prepared to dismiss this rumor as having no credibility, we're not ready to do so until the Falcons job is filled.

Hopefully I wake up in the near future or come back from work whatever, and get to see that this dream that I have of one day being free of this dictator has finally happend.
            Last edited by PaperBagBronco; 12-31-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
              Hopefully I wake up in the near future or come back from work whatever, and get to see that this dream that I have of one day being free of this dictator has finally come to a end.
              Cuba Eh?

Shanahan isn't half as bad as everyone makes him out to be on these boards.....
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X