No announcement yet.

Why Javon wants out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send him to the Bears for a 4th or 5th round pick. Oh and while were there, pick up Lange Briggs as well!

I like the idea of sending him to Miami!!!!!!!! Watch him cry all year!!!!
    sigpic
    AMPIPE

Comment

From that article it seems that Javon is just talking all about himself. Me, Me, Me.

We don't need that on our team!

Comment

If I were Javon, I'd be ticked off about the team not giving my knee proper time to heal. However, he seems to be bitter about his use in this offense. I dont know where that is coming from. He has been hurt all year. How can he complain about not being the #1 guy? Does he not know that Smith and McCaffery put up big numbers TOGETHER? I prefer that we let him go. His attitude is not gonna be good for this team. BTW we need his money for our new #1 reciever. Since Javon clearly doesnt want to fight for that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange View Post
          If I were Javon, I'd be ticked off about the team not giving my knee proper time to heal. However, he seems to be bitter about his use in this offense. I dont know where that is coming from. He has been hurt all year. How can he complain about not being the #1 guy? Does he not know that Smith and McCaffery put up big numbers TOGETHER? I prefer that we let him go. His attitude is not gonna be good for this team. BTW we need his money for our new #1 reciever. Since Javon clearly doesnt want to fight for that spot.
          Based on his comments even last season, it would seem he's always had a problem with this offense. In fact, the article states his only reasoning for coming here was because Denver was the only teams on the short list of prospects that were willing to pay him.

As far as his knee...read the article carefully. The 'source' (which, in my opinion, is likely his agent) states that Javon 'attempted' to notify the Broncos about his knee, but doesn't state specifically how he went about it. I don't pretend to know what goes on at Dove Valley but it would seem to me Shanahan would have taken a serious interest in Javon's knee if it were bothering him and/or swelling, given his history.
          sigpic

Comment

I think that he is just frustrated that he was out for 6 weeks due to the knee surgery and the fact that the team went into the tank after he got hurt. Having a losing season on top of being injured can cause frustration. No one hates it more when they are on the sidelines hurt and they watch their team lose and they know that they can't get out there to help. Just wait and I'm sure that he will put out another statement. I'm sure that he will be a Bronco next year. Plus, the WR that people are saying the bring in if we get rid of him (Plex, Chad Johnson, etc.) will not work out. Chad IS a problem and I would have problems being a Broncos fan if we got him (still would but it would be hard). Plex is old and damaged goods. Just let him blow some steam off and he'll be fine. Remember what he said when he got traded to Denver, that he was happy to be in Denver and wanted to help bring a Championship to Denver. Wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alps2315 View Post
              I think that he is just frustrated that he was out for 6 weeks due to the knee surgery and the fact that the team went into the tank after he got hurt. Having a losing season on top of being injured can cause frustration. No one hates it more when they are on the sidelines hurt and they watch their team lose and they know that they can't get out there to help. Just wait and I'm sure that he will put out another statement. I'm sure that he will be a Bronco next year. Plus, the WR that people are saying the bring in if we get rid of him (Plex, Chad Johnson, etc.) will not work out. Chad IS a problem and I would have problems being a Broncos fan if we got him (still would but it would be hard). Plex is old and damaged goods. Just let him blow some steam off and he'll be fine. Remember what he said when he got traded to Denver, that he was happy to be in Denver and wanted to help bring a Championship to Denver. Wait it out.
              If you read the article, it would appear that Javon (or his camp) are trying to blame Shanahan for the severity of his knee injury this season.

Do you really think there's a chance in hell that Shanahan is willing to work something out with a player who publicly blames him for an injury?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                Based on his comments even last season, it would seem he's always had a problem with this offense. In fact, the article states his only reasoning for coming here was because Denver was the only teams on the short list of prospects that were willing to pay him.

As far as his knee...read the article carefully. The 'source' (which, in my opinion, is likely his agent) states that Javon 'attempted' to notify the Broncos about his knee, but doesn't state specifically how he went about it. I don't pretend to know what goes on at Dove Valley but it would seem to me Shanahan would have taken a serious interest in Javon's knee if it were bothering him and/or swelling, given his history.
                Javon seems to concern him self too much with the status of other players and the treatment they get from their teams. He mentioned it regarding restructuring it and he is bringing it up with regard to the injury.

Anyone coming to the Broncos knows Shanahan and his policy: if you cant practice going into the game, you dont play! It isn't a secret.

Money made up his mind for him and he is too soft to tough it out. B Marsh was asked to do the same and he stepped up. I get the idea that Marshall had Rod Smith in his ear and was wise enough to listen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  He could have visited NE. That was before they signed the 113 WR's they signed in the offseason. If I remember right, he could have been there before Stallworth!

He also could have voiced his displeasure with the idea of being traded to Denver. It would have been an easy sell. All he would have to say is he wants out of GB and doesnt want to land in a spot and have to act up two years down the road. He would have been fine and still ended up somewhere.

We were just in the AFC champ. and he saw us as a contender in the Big Boy Conference. It is about winning, getting PAID, and now he is using the hurt vs injured debacle to justify his emotion

Comment

This makes Walker look very, very bad. I still feel for him, the situation must not be a good one to find yourself in. But the fact that he turned down New England TWICE is his fault, and his fault ALONE. He needs to face up to that and realize that teams are not going to pay him big money now. He screwed up and chose money over happiness.

Basically, move him and draft a speed guy.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                      He could have visited NE. That was before they signed the 113 WR's they signed in the offseason. If I remember right, he could have been there before Stallworth!

He also could have voiced his displeasure with the idea of being traded to Denver. It would have been an easy sell. All he would have to say is he wants out of GB and doesnt want to land in a spot and have to act up two years down the road. He would have been fine and still ended up somewhere.

We were just in the AFC champ. and he saw us as a contender in the Big Boy Conference. It is about winning, getting PAID, and now he is using the hurt vs injured debacle to justify his emotion
                      And the bottom line for Denver is that you can't have a player like this around. You just can't. It's going to take a while for Denver to recover from the toll this season took. I'm not saying they're going to suck it up next season, but I think it's going to be baby steps. And during that process, you can't have a player that would air their dirty laundry out like this, criticizing the head coach and openly discussing what team or teams he would prefer to play for.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae View Post
                        This makes Walker look very, very bad. I still feel for him, the situation must not be a good one to find yourself in. But the fact that he turned down New England TWICE is his fault, and his fault ALONE. He needs to face up to that and realize that teams are not going to pay him big money now. He screwed up and chose money over happiness.

Basically, move him and draft a speed guy.
                        Well...I feel for him in the sense that most human beings are placed in that 'money Vs. happiness' situation, and 9 times out of 10, choose money because of a false belief that money will make them happy. So Javon made a human mistake and now regrets it. That happens.

What I don't like, however, is the way he's going about his frustration and the fact that he's not even trying to make the best of the situation first before he reacts this way. I mean, it's been two seasons here. He had a great first season, and was injured his second. If he were smart, he would sign a one-year, incentive based contract with the Broncos, play up to the level we've seen from him and prove to everyone that he can both recover and be a playmaker, and go from there. The fact that he played so terribly his last few games this season does nothing for his bargaining leverage. I think he's acting this way because he's trying to force Denver to release him so he can choose where he wants to play.
                        sigpic

Comment

are Broncos fans really defending this guy?

After reading that article it was obviously clear what happened with Javon. He came here because it was the best situation for him two years ago, wanting out of Green Bay... he wanted to get paid. We were willing to oblige. He was happy then. What reciever coming off ACL injury wouldn't be happy with a fresh start and looking at a new big money contract

Fast forward two years and Javon has one "decent" season (1084 yards doesnt blow my mind), and injuries, and now it looks like he isn't number one with the emergence of Marshall. He is being a freaking CRY BABY. He saw what happened with Moss going to New England... he saw his number one spot dissapear in Denver, he saw his old team going 13-3... hes jealous and acting out!

Hindsight is 20/20, but you never heard one word about wanting to be in New England two years ago... the team he pulled this crap on before, the Packers... sucked two years ago and now all of the sudden he says maybe he should go back there?

He is not a team player. He cares about his money, his number one reciever spot, and nothing else. Those things are slipping away from him and no wonder he starts this ****. He is being a big baby, and I hope all teams across the NFL take notice. He is only hurting himself because he is under contract here and the Broncos can "do him" however they want. You dont get to pick what freaking team you want to play for! How bout they send you to Miami or Atlanta

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. punk.

Same for the "fans" who would support this type of behavior.

Comment

While I find it hard to critisize Javon when I consider everything he's been through here I can't help but be left with a bitter taste in my mouth for how he's handled this. As others have mentioned, do this behind closed doors with managagement- not out in public.

Well, the good news is we will have more cap room available to us

Oh yeah, I don't really feel like his argument against our offense holds any water either. Both Eddie mac and Rod Smith posted very respectable numbers- not to mention the season Marshall had this year. We've got an up and coming QB with the ability to throw the long ball- good luck elsewhere Javon- not everyone has a Patriot/Brady like season every year

Comment

I would simply sit his a** on the bench.Tell him guess what Javon you are our new PR/KR.When they do put him in simply use him to block for the running game.Dont throw a dozen passes to him the whole season and then tell him thats where he can go.

Comment

^^^ costs us too much money. His salary is 7.5 million. We needed to rustructure his deal, trade him or cut him.

Comment

Working...
                                X