No announcement yet.

Why Javon wants out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should trade him. he's gonna make 7.2 million in salary and bonuses....and that's a serious waste of money for somebody that doesn't want to be a bronco. we could use that money to bring in some new talent and lock up some key guys. i like javon and thought he was a great addition to our team....but like any bad relationship...forget all the finger pointing and just cut him loose.

Comment

As much as I would still like him to stay, why doesn't he just leave football? He contemplated it last year, so why not make good on it? Apparently he can't make it work wherever he goes. If he was doing well in Green Bay they wouldn't have traded him, would they?
      I understand that he's been through a lot, but technically so has Brandon. I just don't get Javon right now. I guess it's a just wait and see.
      If he leaves, I'll miss him but he is replaceable, as we've already seen.

Comment

I think the thing is that Javon is upset that he is basically losing his job because of injury and believes he shouldnt have to lose that because of injury. That being said Brandon Marshall had an amazing year i like Brandon alot but hopefully we can make it work with both of them.
        sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
        GO BRONCOS

Comment

What I think we all fail to realize is that Javon is a play maker and a true number one receiver. We have lacked a star studded number one since Rod went down and got old.

Marshall has stepped up his game and took advantage of being the number one receiver when he was given the opportunity. But let's face it, did Cutler really have anyone else to throw it to? Stokley was bothered by injuries all year and with Walker out, Marshall was Cutler's only real true target. Thus having the season he did.

Walker, when healthy can block, catch and put up points. He also has the ability to make a big time play when the balls thrown up for grabs. Think about the possibilities of having both Javon and Brandon. Both can block and make plays. With Stokley in the slot it makes for a dangerous trio.

With the O-line in decline, Shanahan may want to reconsider the run first and utilize our weapons at receiver. Look at the Patriots, they have a stud in Maroney but go with a pass first offense. They have been nothing but successful and just ask people to stop them.

There aren't many receiver's that possess the skills that Javon does. If we were to lose him there isn't another receiver out there (with the exception of a few) that could come in and replace him.

We need Javon and we need Shanny to open up that offensive play book to utilize his play making abilities. JAVON, Please stay in Denver! We need you!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
            What I think we all fail to realize is that Javon is a play maker and a true number one receiver. We have lacked a star studded number one since Rod went down and got old.

Marshall has stepped up his game and took advantage of being the number one receiver when he was given the opportunity. But let's face it, did Cutler really have anyone else to throw it to? Stokley was bothered by injuries all year and with Walker out, Marshall was Cutler's only real true target. Thus having the season he did.

Walker, when healthy can block, catch and put up points. He also has the ability to make a big time play when the balls thrown up for grabs. Think about the possibilities of having both Javon and Brandon. Both can block and make plays. With Stokley in the slot it makes for a dangerous trio.

With the O-line in decline, Shanahan may want to reconsider the run first and utilize our weapons at receiver. Look at the Patriots, they have a stud in Maroney but go with a pass first offense. They have been nothing but successful and just ask people to stop them.

There aren't many receiver's that possess the skills that Javon does. If we were to lose him there isn't another receiver out there (with the exception of a few) that could come in and replace him.

We need Javon and we need Shanny to open up that offensive play book to utilize his play making abilities. JAVON, Please stay in Denver! We need you!
            We don't need a player that doesn't want to be here. Period.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
              Not any team he wants, but any team that wants him. I dont think a lot of teams will look at him as a good investment considering this situation and what he did in GB.
              I don't know...T.O. has been labeled a "cancer" after his antics in San Fran & Philly; not to mention last year in Dallas. But this year it appears he has figured out how to keep from insulting the team & just play some ball.
              Supporter of the "Don't Like the Thread, Don't Post In It" rule

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Neddie View Post
                I don't know...T.O. has been labeled a "cancer" after his antics in San Fran & Philly; not to mention last year in Dallas. But this year it appears he has figured out how to keep from insulting the team & just play some ball.
                Because Dallas is winning. That's the only reason. Even when Dallas lost he lashed out about Jessica Simpson at the game. Although he made it a joke he still opened his mouth. TO hasn't changed, the team is just winning. Look at his winning year in Philly. The cancer will come back.

Comment

Javon wants his #1 job back without competing for it. Sound familiar a la Ashley Leile.

Whatever, trade him and forget about it. Have I mentioned I hate WRs.

Comment

^^^ Good point. Everything is easier when you are winning.

Comment

If it's true then lets get on with it...

I definately wouldn't trade him where "Javon" wants to go but where we get the most value for him, that's if there is any value. If it's Atlanta so be it! I'm sick of these selfish ass players that think "I" before "we". We need the next Eddy Mac!
                      " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                        Because Dallas is winning. That's the only reason. Even when Dallas lost he lashed out about Jessica Simpson at the game. Although he made it a joke he still opened his mouth. TO hasn't changed, the team is just winning. Look at his winning year in Philly. The cancer will come back.
                        Good point..winning does make everything ok doesn't it.
                        Supporter of the "Don't Like the Thread, Don't Post In It" rule

Comment

Pffft.

Let Javon go. I liked the guys production when he wasn't injured, but he's a whiny little crybaby. "It's not for Javon"

Good luck getting accepted bact to Green Bay Javon. After that temper tantrum "I'll retire before I play for Green Bay again".

Sounds like Javon is scared of losing his #1 position, and he wants out. Not like he'd be the #1 in Green Bay either. Driver and Jennings both had good seasons. Packers are 13-3, and are doing just fine without Javon.

I'm sure some other team will be willing to take a chance on an injury riddled
                          WR who jumps ship every time he feels a little slighted.

Trying to pin his discontent on Shanahan making him practice.

Greg Jennings contract 4 years $2.85 million 2007 13 games 53 rec 12 TD 17.4 yrd/avg

Javon Walker contract 5 years $40 million 2007 8 games 26 rec 0 TD 11 yrd/avg
                          Last edited by cadencesdad; 01-02-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Neddie View Post
                            Good point..winning does make everything ok doesn't it.
                            To that point...Walker is being paid very good money to go something he loves. He is underperforming.

He could stay and help this team win...or he could go to a winning team and help maintain. Only thing is, he's proven he cant stay healthy, and his production is way down.

I like Jevon Walker. He was a gamble the Broncos took. He was great for 1 year, and looked like 2007 was going that way again.

But Jevon wants the hot spotlight. And looking at even a cursery history of the Broncos, only 2 have ever had the spotlight: Elway and TD.

Jevon needs to move into a bigger market, such as the Eagles, Lions, Atlanta orDophins, if he wants the big spot light.

He wont find it in Denver, thats for sure.
                            Someone will take him. Some team will take another chance on him. We'll just have to wait and see who.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                            -Sean Payton

Comment

I loved getting Javon and was amazed at what he did last year. I would love to see what Walker-Marsh-Stokley-Scheffler could do together...

BUT...

This should be a cleansing off season... We must get rid of any negative attitudes that might pollute the environment. What sort of impact will Walker have on Marshall?

If Walker doesn't want to be here then we do not want him here. If we can get a player or a 3rd round pick or something... SO BE IT.

We have our new number one in Marsh... We have our #3 i Stoke... I think we should sign Bryant Johnson from Az, our new #2.

I want Walker but I do not want a bad attitude!

Comment

Also, he isn't getting any younger.....

Comment

Working...
                                X