Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Lets trade him to Atlanta, or Washington, and then let him complain.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
    Keep in mind Walker was one of the more vocal critics of Shannahans decision to bench Plummer and start Cutler. How much that played a role in this, I don't know.
    Actually.. he was also one of the biggest proponents of Cutlers pure skills and passing ability. He couldn't say enough good things about Jay when he was catching the BIG ball for the TDs last year, and was really on board the first 2-3 games when he was getting 100yrds.

Javon wants the big money, Plummer doesn't have a single thing to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFuture6 View Post
    You'd think after losing a friend in D-Will, in his arms nonetheless, he'd feel somewhat, I dont want to say guilty, but perhaps feel an extra motivation to stay here. And I know that he knows Cutler is a great QB, so its just really sad and shocking to me.

Keep in mind Walker was one of the more vocal critics of Shannahans decision to bench Plummer and start Cutler. How much that played a role in this, I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by CireZero View Post
    Lets be realistic ... last year.. Javon had no problems.. he was the number 1 and was 1 game out of the play offs and Green Bay wasn't as good as they are now... Currently Brandon is the #1 and he deserves it.. going into training camp next year if javon is here I hope that he's the number 2. Brandon earned his shot.. Javon won't be happy unless his team is winning.. he left Green bay because they weren't winning.. saying pretty much the same crap he said in the interview.. Honestly.. let him earn it again.. I have no problem with having a spread set with Marshall, Walker, Stokely and Scheffler.. the broncos aren't gonna get much for him. he's still injured.. maybe not as bad as he was coming here. but at most you're looking at a 3rd rounder
    Actually, I think he left Green Bay over the money. He had threatened a holdout the previous year over money, was cajoled into playing anyway and got injured in the very first game, something he didn't want to happen in his contract year. Had the Packers "respected him" the way he felt he deserved (showed him the money before the season!), he would be there catching passes from Favre now. The Packers winning or not winning didn't seem to be an issue at that time.

Oh, and he also wanted to go somewhere he would be number one. He was already number one in Green Bay but felt like the team wasn't giving him the money he felt he deserved.

And for a year, he made big bucks, his team was winning (not necessary but a plus) and he was the number one go-to guy.

Then this year, he's hurt, he can't play, Brandon Marshall comes along and plays exceptionally well, being something like in the top five in yards after the catch and he sees that even if he comes back next year, he will be in a run first offense where there are a limited number of passes to catch and more and more of them will be going to Marshall.

On top of that, because of the time he spent injured and his diminished production, he knows that the team will certainly ask him to renegotiate this big $ contract more to their favor.

So, less money, fewer passes and an offense that doesn't really showcase his talents as he sees them.

Personally, I don't see a way to keep him. Shanahan will always have a run-first offense. He did when he had Elway and he certainly will with Cutler, as a solid run game takes some of the pressure off his young QB to make plays on his own.

Marshall's output this season and his ability to make it hard to tackle him will make him a favorite target next year and the person on the other side will always know they are lining up as the number two guy to pull some of the defensive attention from Marshall. Slot guy Stokely will be the go-to guy in short to medium passing situations on third down, especially going across the middle and taking the big hits.

That leaves Javon in a bad spot for his ego.

Now, having said that, I don't have a problem with his ego. You only get so many years to play in the NFL. During that time you have to make it all you can. Better receiving numbers increase incentive bonuses. More money, a chance to be on a team that is winning and to be one of the main reasons that the team is winning. He took a chance on a team willing to take a chance on him and pay him big $ for damaged goods, and it paid off for one season.

But Shanahan will have to think of the team first and Javon's ego and purse second. That means Javon will be looking to leave, though if he holds out (again) he might find that it won't work out in his favor the way it did when the Broncos took a chance on him. He's now lost two seasons out of three to injury and had diminished numbers. I don't see someone forking up $8 million for his services in the next few seasons like the Broncos did.

I certainly don't see him going to the Patriots who will pay money to keep Randy Moss and Wes Welker. If the Pats took him, it would be for very little money and Javon isn't going to do that unless no one else will pay him more.

Just my two cents worth.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    I'm curious to see what players like Lynch, Bailey, Cutler and for that matter Marshall have to say about Javon's comments. He basically sold his offense and coaches down the river. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Dove Valley as this plays out.

I'm a competitive person, but, believe it or not my 160 lbs soaking wet physique has never played professional football. I would be outraged if my teammate spoke in public like about my team that way. (I'm more suited as the kick tee boy).

Leave a comment:

• Champs24
    replied
    Give me a Break!!!!!!

Walker was one of the leading receivers in the NFL the first three games of the league and they were giving him all kinds of opportunities. He is upset because just as it was in GB. He wasn't number one and it killed him. Hopefully we can get a team player for him because he can't make it more than a couple games without injuries. I can't believe he would blame it on the offense when Marshall had over 1,300 yards in 13 games. the first three games Walker was getting all the passes. We need team players and I guess even after the tragedy we al suffered through he is still all about himself.http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_tongue.gif

Leave a comment:

• Ludes0208
    replied
    What is the deal? This sucks... What a whiner!

Why would we want this guy back now? What has he done in his career to
    a) get this attitude?
    b) compare himself to Joey Galloway, Chad Johnson, etc. and be worthy of time off practice?
    c) warrant anything other than a cap-casualty cut for lack of performance/ inability to remain healthy?

He's performed decently in 2 of 6 seasons. 3 of 6 seasons he's grabbed 26 or fewer balls.

He's throwing a tantrum because he wanted to be in New England....to be what??? Donte' Stallworth? He's not replacing Moss or Welker and certainly wouldn't have kept them from acquiring them. Stallworth caught 46 balls for 700 yards and 3 scores......He'd be whining there wishing he could be a top 2 option in Denver.

Shouldn't be surprised though....it's HOW we acquired him...he didn't want to play with a bum, losing QB like Favre and *****ed like a 3 year old.

**It's like screwing around with someone who's cheating on their spouse......."What the hell do you mean you're SURPRISED when they end up doing it to you???***

Leave a comment:

• TheFuture6
    replied
    You'd think after losing a friend in D-Will, in his arms nonetheless, he'd feel somewhat, I dont want to say guilty, but perhaps feel an extra motivation to stay here. And I know that he knows Cutler is a great QB, so its just really sad and shocking to me.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    John Clayton reports.....

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...fblog%2findex%

Keeping busy: Javon Walker wants out of Denver, and Mike Shanahan will probably accommodate his trade demand. Shanahan will feel good about having Brandon Marshall and Brandon Stokley as the Broncos' starting receivers. He could use the draft to develop a third receiver. With the retirement of left tackle Matt Lepsis, the Broncos could use an extra draft choice or two to start to rebuild the offensive line. Shanahan will also have to look at finding new players along the defensive and offensive lines. Shanahan has a busy offseason.

Leave a comment:

• The|Snake#16
    replied
    I hope we can dump him on the Titans and watch him flounder with Vince "I'm not a QB" Young at the helm. Hey, maybe he can get 500 yards and 3 tds.

Leave a comment:

• hudd76
    replied
    I am not worried about javon staying or leaving , with what brandon did this season I am not worried at all...

Leave a comment:

• axx
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    My other problem with all this is that Javon has basically black listed us with any potential big-name free agent WR. Although it was wishful fandom that had us bringing in a Chad Johnson, do you ever think a WR of that caliber will want to come to Denver now?
    this doesnt have me worried. i dont think javon gets much respect from the elite wrs in the league as this is the second time his quit on a team just because its going through hard times. id like to think wrs out there wouldve rather play with a younger marshall than a bum like walker who calls out team members names when annoucing his dislike for the organisation like he did with rod.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Oh.. poor poor Javon. "See how they are doing"..... thats just crap.

I'm so tired of this NFL. Players think that jumping ONTO the hot team makes THEM a winner. Thats just jumping on the train. That doesn't make you a winner. That makes you just another guy that got a ring.

Sanders did that between San Fran and Dallas, same thing.

I just feel SOOOO sorry for him. Does he realize that the Patriots wouldnt' be doing that this year, if HE would have signed with them? He's not moss, and he would have been injured... again.

If he doesn't want to be here.. fine.... SEE YA. I don't want your crying ass here. Do you know who'll you end up with now, punk??? Atlanta. Good riddance, and good luck............
    It's disheartening, isn't it? I actually felt bad yesterday for getting as angry as I did with him. Then I read this, and it just makes you even more angry with the guy.

Javon was the type of player Denver fans had been waiting for. He wasn't just another bolt in the machine or a role player. He was a play maker. He was a difference maker. He was a guy who could single-handedly win you a football game - and he did, at least twice last season. He was a guy where, even if the Broncos were bad, you could at least say 'At least there's Javon Walker...' Now, it turns out, he's just another WR with a diva complex, who only cares about getting paid and being on a winning team. He certainly didn't have the love for Green Bay last year that he apparently has now, that's for sure. I guess having their QB not throw 20 INTs and becoming the #2 seed in the NFC changes your perspective on things, eh Javon?

Say what you want to about Brandon Marshall (and I have). Yeah, he's immature and not fully consistent yet. But at least he cares about this team and wants to stay here and continue to get better.

To hell with Javon. He wants to go back to Green Bay so bad, I'll be sure to buy him a one-way ticket. How much does a plane ticket to Wisconsin go for these days? $.25 and a bag of M&M's? I'm sure I can cover that.

See ya, Javon. Don't let the door hit you in the ARSE on the way out!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Oh.. poor poor Javon. "See how they are doing"..... thats just crap.

I'm so tired of this NFL. Players think that jumping ONTO the hot team makes THEM a winner. Thats just jumping on the train. That doesn't make you a winner. That makes you just another guy that got a ring.

Sanders did that between San Fran and Dallas, same thing.

I just feel SOOOO sorry for him. Does he realize that the Patriots wouldnt' be doing that this year, if HE would have signed with them? He's not moss, and he would have been injured... again.

If he doesn't want to be here.. fine.... SEE YA. I don't want your crying ass here. Do you know who'll you end up with now, punk??? Atlanta. Good riddance, and good luck............

Leave a comment:

• ndbroncofan07
    replied
    Javon needs to stay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X