Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do we replace Walker with?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who do we replace Walker with?

    Say that he leaves, that would leave us with Stokley for the #2 spot. That will not be a very threatening receiving core with a slot receiver beside Marshall. Given that Walker is let go in a trade/release, who would Denver make a move for via draft or F/A? Or even trade?

    I've heard a lot of excitement over getting Chad Johnson, but get realistic. The guy is trouble and it would already be almost impossible to get him in a Bronco uniform. 85 would be a bad influence on B.Marshall anyways.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Say that he leaves, that would leave us with Stokley for the #2 spot. That will not be a very threatening receiving core with a slot receiver beside Marshall. Given that Walker is let go in a trade/release, who would Denver make a move for via draft or F/A? Or even trade?

    I've heard a lot of excitement over getting Chad Johnson, but get realistic. The guy is trouble and it would already be almost impossible to get him in a Bronco uniform. 85 would be a bad influence on B.Marshall anyways.
    My money is that we draft someone in the middle to later rounds, and alternate Stokley, Martinez, and the new guy in the position. Scheffler, Stokley, and Marshall are going to be Cutler's primary targets no matter what, so there's no need for the Broncos to overshoot and pay too much money for a guy who's not going to be a big difference maker, anyway.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
      Say that he leaves, that would leave us with Stokley for the #2 spot. That will not be a very threatening receiving core with a slot receiver beside Marshall. Given that Walker is let go in a trade/release, who would Denver make a move for via draft or F/A? Or even trade?

      I've heard a lot of excitement over getting Chad Johnson, but get realistic. The guy is trouble and it would already be almost impossible to get him in a Bronco uniform. 85 would be a bad influence on B.Marshall anyways.
      I don't think Chad Johnson would be a bad influence on Marshall, and think the chances of getting him are slim to none. I think that we should draft a WR in the 4th round, and use our higher picks to draft linemen, and maybe a safety, depending on what happens with Lynch. There's a ton of good recievers that will be available this draft, but I'm not sure who would be the best fit for our offense right now.

      Comment


      • #4
        FA
        Bertrand Berrian
        Bryant Johnson

        Draft

        Donnie Avery Houston Projected 2nd
        Dorien Bryant Purdue Projected 4th
        Marcus Smith New Mexico Projected 4th
        Kevin Robinson Utah State Projected 6th

        Comment


        • #5
          As far as Chad Johnson goes...

          Does it make any sense to replace one disgruntled wide receiver who's publicly wanting out from his team with another?

          I just don't see it happening. With Marshall and Stokley, Denver just needs a deep threat receiver in the mold of Lelie. We don't need to spend an extraordinary amount of money on someone when we have those guys and Scheffler.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Plaxico Burress of the Giants. What a worker!!! Did you catch him vs. the Pats? He's an amazing talent.
            "I've experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows. I think to really appreciate anything you have to be at both ends of the spectrum." John Elway

            Comment


            • #7
              By Chad coming here-which won't happen-I think it would be pretty unreal. I don't think Chad is a bad guy at all. BM has had more off the field issues then Chad, at least this year. You guys are giving him a bad rap. He just likes to have some fun, and actually, as far as on field personality, Chad and BM are pretty darn close. Just Chad has been playing longer.

              IF we got Chad, again, we won't, but if, it could either be the greatest thing, or worst thing. Doubt there would be any middle ground. My main concern would be if there are enough receptions to go around?

              It could work out like Moss and the Pats this year..ya never know PPL said that was a horrible move-well, me includeed-dead wrong. The other thing is when players get a fresh start somewhere, their outlook tends to change for the best. Like they know time is running out and a SB win is escaping them. I wouldn't be surprised if Chad leads in every WR catigory next year on a wining team....and wining is the cure all as we all know, that's really the bottom line.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by phxbroncogirl View Post
                Plaxico Burress of the Giants. What a worker!!! Did you catch him vs. the Pats? He's an amazing talent.
                Plexi cries all the time. No way. Plus he has practiced about 2 times this year. That doesn't work for Cutler and Co.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How about looking at one of these guys as a possible replacement:

                  Bernard Berrian
                  Patrick Crayton
                  Bryant Johnson
                  Andre' Davis - Return capabilities also
                  Devery Henderson
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ed Canfield View Post
                    How about looking at one of these guys as a possible replacement:

                    Bernard Berrian
                    Patrick Crayton
                    Bryant Johnson
                    Andre' Davis - Return capabilities also
                    Devery Henderson

                    Crayton was give an extension by the Cowboys.

                    I will be extremely disappointed in Smith and Kubiak if they do not resign Davis. He had a very good year while Johnson was out. Not to mention he does have good return skills.

                    The other 3 I would be happy with.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We can trade Walker and a draft pick for Randy Moss.

                      I think Moss will cause some problems for the Pats and end up going somewhere else, but I don't want him either way.

                      We need another Stokley, and by that I mean that we need another underrated wr that still has skill and can contribute a lot in the passing game, but doesn't cost too much.
                      2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Another guy I would love to see in a Broncos uniform is Wes Welker.
                        This guy brings it every game !!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Bengals have two recievers they need to resign- Whosyourmama and C Johnson. I don't see them both being back and Whosyourmama would be a great addition on the field as well as his attitude.

                          Other than that, we need someone with deep speed to stretch the field. I could live with Henderson or Berrian.

                          Honestly though, our passing offense was pretty decent all year without him and Scheffler the beginning of the season. Look for Scheffler to be split out wide more often like he was towards the end of the year when he got healthy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wes welker would be good...but it's tough to say. He might not be the player he is on the Pats if he came here. I think Moss and Wes will be Pats for a while though. Brady has got great chemistry with those guys and sooner or later you can't just let guys go and start all over and expect to win the SB. The team and Brady is getting older, not younger. A year or two off the path at this point is like dog years.

                            With that said, I just want to see just about anyone in there except Glenny M. He stinks! Sorry, he just does nothing for me and everytime he gets tha ball on a return I closed my eyes and just prayed to the Fumble Gods to leave him alone! I just don't se what Shanny see's in him. I would have rotated other WR's in towards the end of the year to get a better look. Then again, I'm not the coach. Hope we go after Berrian. I don't expect him to be a game breaker but rather good enough to demand coverage and take the D away from BM, allowing him and Stokes to get uno on uno coverage-o.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You mean this Glenn Martinez?

                              Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                              Wes welker would be good...but it's tough to say. He might not be the player he is on the Pats if he came here. I think Moss and Wes will be Pats for a while though. Brady has got great chemistry with those guys and sooner or later you can't just let guys go and start all over and expect to win the SB. The team and Brady is getting older, not younger. A year or two off the path at this point is like dog years.

                              With that said, I just want to see just about anyone in there except Glenny M. He stinks! Sorry, he just does nothing for me and everytime he gets tha ball on a return I closed my eyes and just prayed to the Fumble Gods to leave him alone! I just don't se what Shanny see's in him. I would have rotated other WR's in towards the end of the year to get a better look. Then again, I'm not the coach. Hope we go after Berrian. I don't expect him to be a game breaker but rather good enough to demand coverage and take the D away from BM, allowing him and Stokes to get uno on uno coverage-o.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X