Who do we replace Walker with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm, jerry porter eh?

i've always thought he was a little underrated and was never fully utilized on a team that just can't pass to save their lives. i think opposite brandon, with stokley in the middle, and while he wouldn't be javon, he might be a very good #2 with a qb who can finally throw to him.

key will be, improving the line enough to give him the time he needs to get separation. that can be a wr killer. he's suffered enough of it with oakland.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Porter was always a mouth and a complainer in Oakland. He never lived up to anything, and I honestly don't want another complaining WR on the team. He's a cancer type personality.

Comment

Jerry Porter is going to be 30 next year......

......but I think he would be a perfect No2 WR to Marshall:

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
        Grade: 65

Comment: Although he has had his share of inconsistencies and up-and-down moments during his career, Porter is a starting-caliber wide receiver who possesses an impressive overall skill set. He is tall, strong and extremely well-built. He has very good body control and can contort his frame to make the difficult catch. Porter gets off the ground extremely well and can go up and high-point the football. He is an excellent overall athlete who is fluid and smooth. He is a big-play option with good run-after-catch ability, deep-ball potential and very good overall quickness. Porter is loaded with ability but remains very inconsistent in just about every area of his game. He is injured too often and can be sloppy with his route running, and he will drop some easy passes. And after last seasons suspension and clashes with head coach Art Shell there is also a question as to whether Porter is a team player or a me guy.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playe...g?statsId=5076

Before we get too caught up in whether or not Porter is a "Me first" player, just remember......He's a WR! They're ALL "Me first" players......

Comment

i don't think he's a cancer, we use that word too loosely these days. he has complained but i don't consider it the type of complaining being on a well run team can't fix. it's rare but that's what i see in him.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

He was doing everything he could to get the presses attention and kicked out of Oakland last year. He didn't like the system before that.

I say we just say NO to PORTER

Comment

i'd be fine with a one year, incentive-rich contract, with a nice convincing talk from shanahan promising a bright future with denver if he comes through, with a stud qb and a winning organization, and a chance to show up the raiders in the best way possible. i think our head coach can be very convincing if history's shown me anything.

if it's a one year deal just to test him out, i don't see why not. it all depends on the money and the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                i'd be fine with a one year, incentive-rich contract, with a nice convincing talk from shanahan promising a bright future with denver if he comes through, with a stud qb and a winning organization, and a chance to show up the raiders in the best way possible. i think our head coach can be very convincing if history's shown me anything.

if it's a one year deal just to test him out, i don't see why not. it all depends on the money and the contract.

The contract would have to be favorable, agreed, they can't just throw money at him just to get him to sign......He ain't that good......

Comment

yeah we can let some other team do that

we could also tell him any team willing to break the bank for him, would probably be just as bad a passing offense as oakland. does he want to wilt to death on the jets? have vince young trying to pass to him? or, he could take a small one year deal here, prove himself, and maybe become a good target for a kid alot of professional scouts and experts call the next elite quarterback. one can wonder if he'll ponder that.

Comment

Just Say NO to Primadonnas!

We already have Lil TO. Bernard Berrian or Bryant johnson would be good pick ups and God Willing Rod Smith takes a position with WR coach we would have a monster Receiving corp.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                      We already have Lil TO. Bernard Berrian or Bryant johnson would be good pick ups and God Willing Rod Smith takes a position with WR coach we would have a monster Receiving corp.

Obviously those players would be better options, but Beggars can't always be Choosers......

Comment

Working...
                      X