lose Smith and Lynch imo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lose Smith and Lynch imo

why Denver kept Rod Smith and cut Kyle Johnson makes no sense to me. John Lynch proved he is too slow to play safety. Now-a-days a Safety needs extreme make up speed, like the Asemwah guy on the Raiders, or is he a corner... anyway the point is Rod Smith and John Lynch were doing more harm then good.

also, Walker was basicaly in tears during his video interview in which he broke the news he might be going. Walker has hands, if his knee doesn't swell up at all during the offseason we should hold on to him for dear life, Cutler needs good hand players like Walker because half the time Cutler throws into double coverage.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Whiteyford View Post
    why Denver kept Rod Smith and cut Kyle Johnson makes no sense to me. John Lynch proved he is too slow to play safety. Now-a-days a Safety needs extreme make up speed, like the Asemwah guy on the Raiders, or is he a corner... anyway the point is Rod Smith and John Lynch were doing more harm then good.

also, Walker was basicaly in tears during his video interview in which he broke the news he might be going. Walker has hands, if his knee doesn't swell up at all during the offseason we should hold on to him for dear life, Cutler needs good hand players like Walker because half the time Cutler throws into double coverage.
    Are we seriously debating why Denver kept Rod Smith over Kyle Johnson?

Is this post for real?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      Are we seriously debating why Denver kept Rod Smith over Kyle Johnson?

Is this post for real?

Definitely a bait post.

Comment

I think the team needs to trim all the fat, Walker, Smith, Lynch most of the O-line and much of the D. We all need to stop thinking we are a player away from being great and rebuild.

Comment

Asemwah guy on the Raiders? ROFLMAO

Comment

Rod Smith helped Brandon Marshall out first of all and you cant be serious about Kyle Johnson he wasnt half bad but come on now. John Lynch still puts on big hits and can still play. But I do agree with holding on to Javon Walker.
            sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
            GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by ndbroncofan07 View Post
              Rod Smith helped Brandon Marshall out first of all and you cant be serious about Kyle Johnson he wasnt half bad but come on now. John Lynch still puts on big hits and can still play. But I do agree with holding on to Javon Walker.
              Helped him out with what? Agian how many times did Brandon get in trouble with the law this year agian?...

Rod was a great player but he needs to just call it quits. Shanahan needs to stop playing favorites and just let the guy go the way he dismissed other Vets on this team(Al Wilson)...

I don't agree with the Lynch post though by the OP, I actually think he was one of the bright spots on this D.

Smith, Gold, Walker via trade for whatever we can get for him, all need to be gone by next year. Those are just 3 off my head im sure I can think of a few more. BTW If Smith wants it I think the Broncos should offer him some type of coaching job, I think he would make one hell of a coach in this league. But I heard he is a buisness man so I doubt he wants it.

Comment

You bring up Rod Smith coaching but thats exactly what he did with Brandon Marshall they have been saying it all season and during the games Rod would be right there to make pointers to Brandon.
                sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
                GO BRONCOS

Comment

LMAO............another well thought post from a rookie

Comment

Awesome.

But for the record, Rod didn't count against the 53 man roster.

Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I really do think we should try to get rid of Lynch. No doubt he is an imposing player but I do not think he can play safety anymore. I think it's been two seasons since he had a pick and I can't remember the last time I saw him hit down a pass (He actually had 3 this year, but I'm pretty sure that was very close to a league low) Last year we should have tried to grab Nelson or Griffin instead of Moss, maybe this year we can get a good safety in the 2nd or 3rd round. No doubt Lynch is good in run stopping... but our run defense was god awful. So obviously he doesn't make a difference in that category...

So what exactly DOES he do for our defense? He gives leadership, and yes that's something that we will miss. But we can't afford to have such a big weak link in our secondary.

I really wish we could grab somebody like OJ Atogwe in St. Louis. He's a very young player that is without a doubt Pro Bowl Caliber. And I think I heard somewhere he's a FA this year? I could be wrong though, and I'm pretty sure I am. Just saying...

Comment

Cutler has one of the best arms in the league, he is constantly spoke of when talking about others with such arms, his rocket literally can get to his target quick enough to throw into double coverage...think back to the last K.C. game and you'll see. Elway did the same thing, it is not like he is trying to make a bad throw, he is launching it to where he can get it to his receiver...Deion Sanders said it best, "someone who throws a traditional and good overall pass is easy to catch" when talking about two missed interceptions, "now try that with a quarterback with a howlitzer and you may have your shoulder dislocated" - said after he missed two interceptions by John Elway that looked like they should have been intercepted!

Comment

Let's just trade Champ for Asemwah.

Comment

this thread is for real

I'm a hardcore Broncos fan, have been since 1985 (birth). I'm not saying this to anger anyone, it's just what I feel as a fan. John Lynch has 2 things working against him, he's old, and he's white (which most cases means slow, with the exception of Ed McCaffrey in his day). I'm not racist, but that's how it is in the NFL.

The Broncos are trying to set the record for oldest players still on a team or something, Lynch is in his 12th year, Smith too. I didn't know Smith didn't count against the roster, so I'll take back the Kyle Johnson thing, but yes I did feel cuting Johnson was a mistake, the man could block.

Also Seldum Young is too small, that's why he's undrafted. All it takes is one big hit and he's done.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ndbroncofan07 View Post
                              You bring up Rod Smith coaching but thats exactly what he did with Brandon Marshall they have been saying it all season and during the games Rod would be right there to make pointers to Brandon.

Then make him a coach and pay him considrable less. Going by your logic we should put Elway back in a uniform but not to play just to help Cutler, you know to give him "pointers" and what not...

Comment

Working...
                              X