John Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lynch

Alright I've heard way too people saying we should get rid of him. Well listen up guys cause I'm going to point out a few things you are obviously too blind to figure out.

1) He is not as slow as you think. He can still keep up with most of the TE's in this league, which is what a Strong Safety is required to do as they are often used to cover TE's. He is also the smartest safety in the league and the best at covering the middle of the field where his huge hits have led to many dropped passes (ask Dallas Clark of IND or Chris Henry of CIN if you don't believe me ). Plus when John Lynch has the ballcarrier in his sights ready to break for a big gain you know he won't miss the tackle and he is also one of the best when it comes to zone coverage. The only problem that may arise due to his speed is if a stud WR gets behind him which is why we have 3 other guys in the secondary (Champ, Dre', and Hamza) to make up for that as all three are very fast and very good in coverage. The defensive coaches also try to scheme effectively and make sure he isn't put in that position unless absolutely necessary.

2) Also, if we let him go we lose the best run stopper on the team. For instance, he was the only one who could take down MJD by himself in the JAX game. Without him our defense will take a step back in run defense and after what the run did to our defense this year that is unacceptable. He's great at forcing fumbles. Look back at the PIT game in '06. He made future HOFer Heinz Ward fumble it ON THE GOAL LINE, thwarting Pittsburgh's most threatening drive of the 2nd half and swinging the momentum back in our favor. That along with his many great feats in the passing game shows you that he makes plays when we need them.

3) You guys also seem to forget that he was almost never 100% this year, affecting his stats. Also like our other defensive stars, Champ Bailey for example, his stats suffered from being on such a horrible defense. His leadership is also invaluable to this team. When our team needs motivation he's the one to stand up, rouse their spirits, and get them back in the game.

So I hope by reading this you doubters realize what John Lynch means to this team, this organization, and this community. So please I urge you to support him if he decides to stay and if he does choose to retire to wish him the best. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't draft a safety this year. In fact I hope we do because no one can deny that John is getting old so it would be great if we could draft his future replacement this year so Lynch can mentor him and teach him all he knows which is another reason to hold on to him for as long as possible.

Anyway thanks for listening. Feel free to offer support or criticism as you see fit and I hope I didn't come off as disrespectful to anyone who disagrees. Thanks again and take care.
    Last edited by TheJackal; 01-02-2008, 05:12 PM.

sigpic

Originally posted by TheJackal View Post
    Alright I've heard way too people saying we should get rid of him. Well listen up guys cause I'm going to point out a few things you are obviously too blind to figure out.

1) He is not as slow as you think.
    Yes he is.

2) Also, if we let him go we lose the best run stopper on the team.
    Considering that we rank near the bottom in the NFL against the run, not your best argument.

3) You guys also seem to forget that he was almost never 100% this year, affecting his stats.
    A sure sign that a player is past his prime is his inability to stay healthy.

I hope by reading this you doubters realize what John Lynch means to this team, this organization, and this community.
    Yep, he's been great for all of the above. However, even someone who means so much to so many can't beat Father Time.
    sigpic

Comment

john lynch needs to be here next year no doubt about it, we need to draft a saftey in the draft but we need him to get a year under his belt watching and picking john's brain before taking over in 09, lynch's leadership and knowledge let alone he still plays at a decent level are enough for him to be back, its vital he returns

Comment

I think you called him a strong safety, doesn't he play free safety?

In my opinion, this year saw a big drop in his productivity. He's been going to the pro bowl with consistency, but honestly I dont' think he deserved it those years. This year, he didn't go, which shows that the rest of the league realizes he didn't deserve the trip, when he really hasn't deserved it the past couple years. He's still a very smart ball player, but I think it's time to start looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          I think you called him a strong safety, doesn't he play free safety?

In my opinion, this year saw a big drop in his productivity. He's been going to the pro bowl with consistency, but honestly I dont' think he deserved it those years. This year, he didn't go, which shows that the rest of the league realizes he didn't deserve the trip, when he really hasn't deserved it the past couple years. He's still a very smart ball player, but I think it's time to start looking elsewhere.
          They have him listed at FS but as he is the safety they put in-the-box he is in all actuality serving as the SS. In fact I think near the end of the year Hamza took over at FS and Lynch moved back to his original position at SS.

sigpic

Comment

Wow... I was not aware of that.

Oh hey, random question.

Anybody know about Sam Brandon? Is he still on the team? Has he been cut? Or what?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
              Yes he is.

Considering that we rank near the bottom in the NFL against the run, not your best argument.

A sure sign that a player is past his prime is his inability to stay healthy.

Yep, he's been great for all of the above. However, even someone who means so much to so many can't beat Father Time.
              1) You guys believe he is slow yet I bet he could beat pretty much everyone on these boards in a 40 yard dash And also in reality some of those speed demon recievers make him look slower than he is.

2) As I said the horrendous defense surrounding our stars affected their stats. In fact the commentators for the MIN game talked to Shanahan and he said that when looking at the tape John did what he was supposed to do and did it effectively. Unfortunately only a few players on a defense doing good doesn't make a defense, thus the horrible rankings. So just because a defense did bad overall doesn't mean that every player in that defense is horrible. In fact by your reasoning you could say the same about Champ Bailey.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                Wow... I was not aware of that.

Oh hey, random question.

Anybody know about Sam Brandon? Is he still on the team? Has he been cut? Or what?
                I heard we were resigning him which would be great as he is excellent at shutting down elite TE's.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheJackal View Post
                  1) You guys believe he is slow yet I bet he could beat pretty much everyone on these boards in a 40 yard dash And also in reality some of those speed demon recievers make him look slower than he is.
                  Well, I was at every home game this season. If I had a nickel for every time Lynch was beat like an unwanted step child by the other team's receivers, I could pay for my tickets next year.

2) As I said the horrendous defense surrounding our stars affected their stats. In fact the commentators for the MIN game talked to Shanahan and he said that when looking at the tape John did what he was supposed to do and did it effectively. Unfortunately only a few players on a defense doing good doesn't make a defense, thus the horrible rankings. So just because a defense did bad overall doesn't mean that every player in that defense is horrible. In fact by your reasoning you could say the same about Champ Bailey.
                  Shanny has a tendency to speak highly of his character players, no matter how they play.

As I stated above, I attend every home game. I was there Sunday and Lynch wasn't being beat by some speedy WR. He was being beat by tight ends and full backs.

And your last point is simply not worth commenting on.

Hey, I think Lynch is a fantastic individual. A real class guy who plays with alot of heart. But, the sad fact of the matter is that he simply is past his prime. He can't do the job like he used to.

It happens to every player.
                  sigpic

Comment

John Lynch may be a future HOF (maybe).

He was a darn great player at times. He had a solid career.
                    I can say nothing negative about the man on or off the field.

For 2008 season, John Lynch does not need to be with the Denver Broncos. It is time to move on. I think he can contribute to a team, but I don't think John will be willing to play on one down a series. John probably can still blitz and provide run support on sure blitz and run plays.

However, it is time to move on. I know he is one guy that deserves all the :clap: from fans and the organizations he's played for. Best of wishes John on your future endeavours from the football field.

If I'm correct: John Lynch did not force or come away with a turnover. (The Hard Hits were few and not effective.)
                    Last edited by Emancipator; 01-02-2008, 06:05 PM.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

I want John back for 1 more year.

Agree he is not as fast anymore, but I don't think he is too slow to start one more year. I think his hard hitting presence makes a difference on passes over the middle and he is a very good tackler.

As bad as our run defense was this year against the run, I saw a noticeable difference whe John went out of games. IT GOT WORSE.

Here's to one more year for LYNCH

Comment

I still think john is a great player!!!!!!!BUt with his neck injury I would hate to see him keep pushing it and causing a serious injury...As much as I would hate to see him retire he has acomplished alot during his career...NO matter what he decides I will support his decision...
                        sigpic

GO BRONCOS IN 2008

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                          Well, I was at every home game this season. If I had a nickel for every time Lynch was beat like an unwanted step child by the other team's receivers, I could pay for my tickets next year.

Shanny has a tendency to speak highly of his character players, no matter how they play.

As I stated above, I attend every home game. I was there Sunday and Lynch wasn't being beat by some speedy WR. He was being beat by tight ends and full backs.

And your last point is simply not worth commenting on.

Hey, I think Lynch is a fantastic individual. A real class guy who plays with alot of heart. But, the sad fact of the matter is that he simply is past his prime. He can't do the job like he used to.

It happens to every player.
                          I respect your opinion and you do make valid points however:
                          Since we do not know the responsibilities of our defensive players on every play and what play was called we can only speculate on who's fault it is when an offense burns us. There are exceptions when is clearly obvious who messed up, but for the most part we can only assume.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by svpearson View Post
                            I want John back for 1 more year.

Agree he is not as fast anymore, but I don't think he is too slow to start one more year. I think his hard hitting presence makes a difference on passes over the middle and he is a very good tackler.

As bad as our run defense was this year against the run, I saw a noticeable difference whe John went out of games. IT GOT WORSE.

Here's to one more year for LYNCH
                            Now Bronco country is getting it Go Broncos.

sigpic

Comment

I agree I do want him back for another year, but just to groom a new safety that we pick up in this years draft, and teach Hamzah the ways of tackling.

Comment

Working...
                              X