One-on-One with Javon Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-on-One with Javon Walker

Because of my popularity and reputation around these message boards, I was fortunate enough to be granted an exclusive interview with Broncos Wide Receiver Javon Walker. On Monday, Javon made some statements regarding his future with the Denver Broncos, and the possibility of playing for another team next season. I wanted to get more details from Javon himself regarding the situation.

(edit: AO approves this thread but please keep in mind that this is a joke)

mojo0730: So Javon, on Monday, you stated that you felt you didn't 'fit in' with the Broncos offense, to use your exact quote. Would you care to elaborate on that statement?

JW: Well, it's like this mojo...The Javon is unhappy with the Broncos, and when The Javon is unhappy, The Javon feels it's time for him to move on. The Javon has to do what's best for him, right?

mojo0730: What exactly are you unhappy with?

JW: The Javon is unhappy because Coach Shanahan thinks that The Javon should have to practice in order to play. And well...The Javon doesn't want to get into an Iverson-like rant about how he feels about practice. But the bottom line is, The Javon is too important and too damn good to be worrying practicing, am I right mojo? I mean, Chad (Johnson) and Joey (Galloway) aint got to practice, right?

mojo0730: Well, that's definitely an opinion. Why exactly don't you want to practice?

JW: Well The Javon has this knee injur...I mean, the knee is fine, but just to be sure, The Javon doesn't want to wear it out before Sunday, you know what I'm saying?

mojo0730: But don't you think it's important for the Broncos and Coach Shanahan to see you practice so that they can evaluate you and ensure that you're in sync with the rest of the offense and ready to go on Sunday?

JW: Ready to go? We're talking about THE JAVON, mojo! The Javon is always ready to go on Sunday!

mojo0730: Fair enough. Let's get back to the offense for a minute. You eluded to the fact that Coach Shanahan's offense is run-heavy and that you don't necessarily care for it. I wanted to point out to you that both Ed McCaffrey and Rod Smith in one season had over 100 catches for 1,000 yards each back in 2000.

JW: McCaffrey? Smith? The Javon is unfamiliar with these people you speak of, mojo.

mojo0730: Ed McCaffrey? He played for the Broncos from '95 through '03? He was part of the Super Bowl Championships here? Broke his leg on Monday Night Football against the Giants in '01?

JW: Oh! You mean that McDonalds dude? He played here? The Javon loves McDonalds - he's big fan of the McNugget!

mojo0730: Right... Well, as for Rod Smith. He's your teammate right now.

JW: ...

mojo0730: He wears the number 80?

JW: ...

mojo0730: He's the Broncos all-time leader in every receiving category?

JW: Look, mojo - The Javon did not come here to be tested on things concerning the Broncos. The Javon came here to talk about The Javon. The Javon is cleary unfamiliar with this Todd Smith you speak of.

mojo0730: Um...it's Rod Smith.

JW: Do not correct The Javon!

mojo0730: My apologies. I wanted to touch on your relationship with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. Do you feel jealousy over Brandon and his performance during the '07 season, and has his close relationship with Cutler pushed you to want to leave Denver?

JW: No, mojo! That's not it at all! The Javon loves Jay and Brandon! But The Javon sees it like this...The Javon himself, is a sure-fire Hall-of-Famer - no question about it. I mean, you saw what The Javon did last year and in '04, right? We know The Javon is going to Canton, baby. Right?

mojo0730: Um...

JW: Right! So The Javon figures, that although Jay and Brandon are talented players, they're not anywhere near the talent that The Javon is. In fact, no one in the league is at the talent The Javon is at. But The Javon figures that as long as he plays, he should have a definite, Hall-of-Fame quarterback throwing to him. Right? So The Javon figures...maybe Brett Favre, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning are a better fit for The Javon and his amazing talent than Jay Cutler.

mojo0730: But you've already played for Brett Favre in Green Bay, and there was an apparent rift in your relationship with him when you left.

JW: No, mojo. That was bad Brett - you know, the Brett that was throwing all those picks and only winning 4 games? The Brett that we're seeing right now is just right for The Javon. But if not him, then The Javon will settle for Tom or Peyton - just as long as it's a winning team, The Javon doesn't care. The Javon is a team player.

mojo0730: Will we see you back with the Broncos next season?

JW: It's like this mojo. The Javon just doesn't think the Broncos are good for The Javon. I mean, they feel you have to run the football to win games, and that's just too crazy for The Javon. But if they want me back, whatever. The Javon will play here, so long as the pay is right, they're winning, The Javon is getting over 100 catches, and they're in the Super Bowl every year until The Javon decides to hang it up. Then yeah, I can see The Javon coming back to the Broncos.

mojo0730: If not the Broncos, then who would you play for?

JW: That is an excellent question, mojo. The Javon is unsure. The Javon will have to wait and see who wins the Super Bowl, right? The Javon will know then.

mojo0730: Thanks for your time, Javon.

JW: Hey, anytime The Javon can talk about The Javon, The Javon will be there!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there you have it, guys. Hopefully this sheds some light on the situation for some of you who were looking for answers. I know I learned a great deal.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by mojo0730; 01-02-2008, 09:52 PM.
    sigpic

:thumb:

Wow! You gotta be more bored than me!

Comment

This was suppose to be funny? 'Cause it's not. This also classifies as false reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
        This was suppose to be funny? 'Cause it's not. This also classifies as false reports.
        Wow.

Taking the message boards a tad too seriously, are we?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
          :thumb:

Wow! You gotta be more bored than me!
          Hey, it's Wednesday night, and I have to work tomorrow.

Figured I'd burn some time with this...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            Wow.

Taking the message boards a tad too seriously, are we?
            I want some real information. Not some sarcastic thread about your imagination.

Comment

Real information I'm sure will come soon enough. Until then, relax and have a little fun.
              sigpic

Comment

You jumped on the bandwagon!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  Real information I'm sure will come soon enough. Until then, relax and have a little fun.
                  The thing is, this isn't fun, it's childish.

Comment

seriously Beast.. chill. He was just doing it in fun..... no harm no foul.

Comment

Nice one Mojo,

I caught the joke right when i read the first few sentences. If people think this is real then they are just as stupid as those who are being Homers for Javon walker.
                      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

I guess for those that are sensitive...I'll post this disclaimer...

No, I did not really interview Javon Walker. And no, this is not a real interview.

So with that, try to have just a little fun and use your sense of humor.
                        sigpic

Comment

The thing is, this isn't fun, it's childish.

Just like how Javon Walker is right now IMHO

Btw Mojo I Cp'd your post I had a good laugh.
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Well excuse mojo for not being your personal source of 'real information.' Perhaps you need to get out of the house every once in a while.

Comment

How does it classify as a false report kiddo?
                              He had a one on one interview with him.
                              I've had one on ones with many Bronco players.
                              I never post about it but good stuff Mojo.

I saw you talking to him on CBS4 at 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X