Leave Javon Alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave Javon Alone

If you watched his video interview in the locker room after the Vikings game you know what I'm talking about. Javon was nearly crying as he was saying he most likely wouldn't be playing in Denver. The reason? Because he feels Denver will want to free up his money to secure Brandon Marshall, meaning Javon is losing his #1 spot on the team. Remember, he said, "It's the NFL though, which is a what have you done for me lately league".

We all know Javon is an extremely talented receiver. He knows how to catch, more importantly he knows how to GO for the ball. He is scared his career might be over, you can see this because he constantly reiterates that he can STILL make plays. I honestly think he loves Denver, he's upset that his knee injury may cost him his job.
    sigpic

He's not really earning any sympathy with his comments though, which are basically screwing the team over.

As a fan of the team first and foremost, I can't support that at all.

Comment

This thread title lead me to believe that this post would be much more awesome than it was.

There was no androgynous teeenage boy crying for me to "Leave Javon alone"

I agree that he was upset during the interview, and I don't envy his position, but he has to deal with decisions he made.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
        I agree with you here. I love Javon and what he could mean to the Broncos teamed with Brandon, but if he will be nothing but a cancer than we have to go in a proverbial 'another direction.'

But, if things were to be smoothed over on the Broncos side...a question for you (and everyone else that would like to weigh in): would you be content with an explanation such as 'It was said out of frustration and some miscommunication that had grown over numerous weeks' ... or something to that effect?

I think it is interesting that, from what I have seen, there has not been anything following up on this from either from the Broncos or Javon. During the interview, Javon stated that he had not yet met with Shanahan. I'd think Javon would have been confirming his discontent after his interview with Shanahan unless, perhaps, his concerns were eased a bit and all is quiet while things settle down and they are able to smooth it over in Denver.

Comment

If he's worried about his job, he should shut his trap, rehab his knee, and come back in camp to PROVE he's the number one guy.

His comments make me believe that the guy simply does not want to work to be the number one guy. He'd rather have the job just handed to him.

Unfortunately, that's not the way the world works.

Grow up, Javon. We still love you, but you've got to EARN your way onto this roster. Playing for the Denver Broncos is an privilege, not a right.
          In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
            If he's worried about his job, he should shut his trap, rehab his knee, and come back in camp to PROVE he's the number one guy.

His comments make me believe that the guy simply does not want to work to be the number one guy. He'd rather have the job just handed to him.

Grow up, Javon. We still love you, but you've got to EARN your way onto this roster. Playing for the Denver Broncos is an privilege, not a right.
            Great Post.

To add to this...Walker is trying to set himself up for a payday and act like his knee is just fine-which it may or may not be after his surgery this offseason.

It just goes to show that he feels like an outcast due to his injury and I think there is a bit of jealousy due to BM having a huge year. Javon thinks that should have been him. Trust me, during the seaon when Walker was out I was the one saying "don't give up on this guy" but after his comments sounding like a "me, myself, and I" kind of person it really turned me off.

Maybe he should have shut his mouth until after he met with Shanny..but I feel he said what he said because he wants to make his case for a payday before the "big sit down" with Denver. He wants to make it crystal clear he thinks he deserves every penny he gets-yet bashes Denver's passing system. Figure that one out-money talks. ie: If Denver pays him what he wants he wouldn't care as long ass he gets his 70 catches and 1150 yards.

The problem here is he went about this in a "business" sence but played it like a baby. He spilled his beans on the table and that kills the fans esp. when hearing it from a guy with millions of bucks who has a banged up knee, but still expects to get paid.

Things change. BM is our #1, Walker could still be as well. To me it sounds like his agent and ego got in the way. And don't give me that DWill BS. Javon said he loves Denver and will still live here even if he is on another team. So I don't wanna hear that arguement anymore.

What we need is team players with this young and up coming team. If he wants to be a leader and prove his knee is going to be fine and go to a SB in the next few years, then restructure his contract with insentives if he is so positive he can bounce back. Right? I mean, it is a "business" Javon and you'll get those insentives if you stick it out-then go after a solid contract.

Whatever, this whole thing just ticks me off, and the ppl who post "leave Walker alone" almost ticks me off more then the guys latest comments a few days ago.

Let's get a clue ppl. Maybe move foward with a younger and hungrier WR that wants to keep earning his spot and paycheck and earn a SB.

Maybe walker can go back to GB with his old buddy, just in time for Bret to retire and nobody to throw him the ball. Then what happens Javon? same story different team...

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
              He's not really earning any sympathy with his comments though, which are basically screwing the team over.

As fans whether we accept him or not is of no real consequence.

What matters is whether the organization (team mates and coaches) can accept him back.

If the question is only about money he has a signed contract. The Broncos can either look for a trade , pay him the money and keep him, or release him.

He has lessened his trade value somewhat with this statement. However, I would think that we could still get some trade value for him.

I haven't read or heard anything from the organization as to what they are going to do. Who knows this may all be premature. Maybe not.

As for keeping him and paying him his money. He could be a fantastic #2 receiver. He** he is a fantastic #1 receiver with the ability to adjust his routes, the ability to make the circus catch, and the speed and route running to get open.

In my mind the real question is, "How bad is his knee actually hurt?"

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post

Good post. His behavior reminds me of Ashley Lelie- not wanting to work for it but have it given to him.

Comment

I thought I was going to see a youtube video from the guy that had the "Leave Brittany Alone"......

Comment

The Javon don't need your sympathies. The Javon is a 1 man wrecking crew and the whistle has blowed!

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae View Post
                      This thread title lead me to believe that this post would be much more awesome than it was.

There was no androgynous teeenage boy crying for me to "Leave Javon alone"

I agree that he was upset during the interview, and I don't envy his position, but he has to deal with decisions he made.
                      Deal with decisions he's made? Oh right I forgot that he purposely hurt his knee in Greenbay. You really need to cut him slack. He's experienced a lot here and he's a human being.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        Deal with decisions he's made? Oh right I forgot that he purposely hurt his knee in Greenbay. You really need to cut him slack. He's experienced a lot here and he's a human being.
                        He chose to hold out.. (along with Every WR that was under the same agent) the year he hurt his knee. That was his choice, to complain about more money.

Its the same thing here. He knows he is going to be asked to renegotiate, and thus doesn't want 'less' money. He wants more money for less production.

Comment

I think it is easy to forget how emotional this season must have been for Javon. First his experience of the tragic events last year and then watching his team lose while he was not able to contribute. While I wish he was more supportive I am happy to see he is still passionate. I am willing to give him a pass on these comments as an emotional outburst. I would not be surprised to see a comment in a few weeks or month where he claims he is happy with the situation and was frustrated when the comments were made. During the time Walker was out Marshall developed and became the go to guy for Cutler. Walker had to be frustrated coming back and not getting the ball. I think we should give it time before we rush to judgement. Combining Marshall and a motivated Walker could be devastating for a long time.

Comment

Make a video like this one http://youtube.com/watch?v=LdnW5DUFljg

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvk...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                              X