Starting running back???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting running back???

It seemed fairly strange to me that Travis Henry didn't receive a single carry in the win against Minnesota and raised a question or two. It seemed strange because he was obviously healthy enough to play and did so in the previous two games. Selvin young in my mind did a very good job against a stout run defense and would have had a 100 yard day and a touchdown if not for a holding penalty. Did we see the last of Henry and the emergance of another undrafted rookie star to come?
    Travis Henry
    16.67%
    Selvin Young
    40.00%
    Free Agent
    20.00%
    Rookie
    23.33%

The poll is expired.

I think you should add Andre Hall to the poll. He looked good this year in his limited action.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Pits View Post
      I think you should add Andre Hall to the poll. He looked good this year in his limited action.

That's reason why he wont be added to list. He is way too fragile. Selvin is fragile too, just not as much as Andre Hall. I could see Denver releasing Henry, grabbing a bruiser to compliment Young and use Hall as 3rd down back.

Comment

So you say Andre Hall is fragile when all 3 backs were injured this year? Seems silly to call one fragile and say all 3 aren't, but yet they still made the poll.

Comment

I want Travis Henry to be the runner. Many of you guys hate him now since he got hurt and the whole marijuana incident, but the guy can play as long as he stays healthy. He led the NFL in rushing yards early in the year and was poised for a healthy 1400 or 1500 yard rushing season. Heck, probably could have led the NFL in rushing yards. If he can come back next year clean and healthy, boy you bet I want him on this football team.

Comment

this thread is serious deja vu

Comment

Here's how I would like to see our runnningback situation look-

Young, Henry and Hall all go into camp and compete- the winner is who I want to start.

As for my personal opinion, I think Hall is the darkhorse in the race. He's got a little of Youngs and Henrys best qualities- faster than Young and while not as powerful as Henry, he can move the pile.

As for the fragile comment, Hall is tough as nails- his "limited action" came mostly in one game where he got a high ankle sprain early in the game and still went for over 100 yards- pretty gutsy performance if you ask me.

Comment

A rookie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Pits View Post
                  So you say Andre Hall is fragile when all 3 backs were injured this year? Seems silly to call one fragile and say all 3 aren't, but yet they still made the poll.
                  I didn't say Andre Hall was fragile. I said he was too fragile. I also said Selvin is fragile too. As for Henry he's been a poozy his whole career when it comes to injuries. Hall and Young will not be able to handle the whole load by themselves, so it wont really matter who the starter is.

Comment

Start Selvin.

Draft Mike Hart in the second or third.
                    In Manning I trust.

Comment

Read my sig...

And before someone says no way, understand this...in 2006 Shanahan learned that undrafted running backs are good, but undrafted for a reason. In 2007 Shanahan realizing from his error of 2006 signed a fat contract with a starting 'supposed' caliber halfback, unfortunatley...he should have read that in seven seasons that starter had only finished one entire year without injury or drug incident - and he was also replaced by an undrafted free agent. Now we have a chance to get a top caliber back, or keep to our traditional system, in a conference with Johnson in K.C., L.T. in San Diego and word is that Oakland is targeting McFadden, but they also may trade down with Dallas and still get Felix Jones! That is three elite backs in the west, how impressed will the fans be with us dropping behind them in rushing offense? Oakland had a better rushing offense then us this year...bloody Oakland! Shanahan I think knows that idiocism is not seeing the point basically slapping you in the face!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                        Read my sig...

And before someone says no way, understand this...in 2006 Shanahan learned that undrafted running backs are good, but undrafted for a reason. In 2007 Shanahan realizing from his error of 2006 signed a fat contract with a starting 'supposed' caliber halfback, unfortunatley...he should have read that in seven seasons that starter had only finished one entire year without injury or drug incident - and he was also replaced by an undrafted free agent. Now we have a chance to get a top caliber back, or keep to our traditional system, in a conference with Johnson in K.C., L.T. in San Diego and word is that Oakland is targeting McFadden, but they also may trade down with Dallas and still get Felix Jones! That is three elite backs in the west, how impressed will the fans be with us dropping behind them in rushing offense? Oakland had a better rushing offense then us this year...bloody Oakland! Shanahan I think knows that idiocism is not seeing the point basically slapping you in the face!

DIE!

:hammer:

:brick:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                          DIE!

:hammer:

:brick:

Truth is painful...I will tell you what, if we do not get Mendenhall...I will be a bit dissapointed, but when we get that defensive front and L.T., Johnson and Oakland's new back rip yards through us...maybe finally fans will ask why we did not draft an elite back like them! And all I will say is, I simply told you so!

The truth no matter how softly spoken is always painful to those who lacked the ability to listen and take from the truth itself!

Comment

I love Mendenhall. I do. But with the needs we have, there's NO WAY we go for a runner in the first round. It just won't happen.

At least, I pray it won't.
                            In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                              Read my sig...

In all fairness, Oakland is a defensive and rushing football team. How many Qb's did they use this year?

Also, Larry is getting any younger......

I don't care if we are behind them in rushing or passing as long as we are ahead in the win loss column :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X