Clear All

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    Start Selvin.

Draft Mike Hart in the second or third.
    I don't think he falls that far...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      I don't think he falls that far...
      He does. Just for the simple fact that if half the junior RB declare they are all better than him. Then you have to account for Hart being a workhorse his whole career at Michigan and the wear and tear on his body finally showed this year with injuries.

I agree he's a perfect fit for Denver system but he is small 5-9 200lbs and Denver already has a small back in SY and AH

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
        I love Mendenhall. I do. But with the needs we have, there's NO WAY we go for a runner in the first round. It just won't happen.

At least, I pray it won't.
        You want to know the reason why defense wins championships? Because the offense scores...The Orange Crush, The Steel Curtain and many other defenses did not shut down the offense of their opponents quickly, they were in fact 'clutch' in every sense of the word, look at our defense during our two Super Bowls...they were not stellar, they were good and our offense could score on anybody! This year our defense while far from stellar kept seven teams under the league average, seven...the offense had been kept below league average nine times this season, if we would have been able to actually score in some of those games we would be in the playoffs right now! And that is a fact, thing is that everyone...including fans look to blame the defense because they all believe the old slogan of 'Defenses Win Championships'...it helps, it worked for Baltimore...but a balanced team has a better chance and an elite offense can make it easier for a defense, Champ Bailey said that just three weeks ago, "When you can score alot of points, it brings up the level of defensive play", because the defense knows it is not just on their shoulders then.

Cutler needs protection and weapons, if Cutler had a good offensive line, a healthy Javon or capable receiver, Marshall, Stokely, Scheffler, Graham and an elite back, I guarantee even if we only had one defensive addition to the defense we would go to the playoffs. But if we can not score...then forget about it, even if we click on defense and become the fifth overall in that category...if the offense can not score...we will be doing this again next season!

Last edited by lancane; 01-03-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
          In all fairness, Oakland is a defensive and rushing football team. How many Qb's did they use this year?

Also, Larry is getting any younger......

I don't care if we are behind them in rushing or passing as long as we are ahead in the win loss column :thumb:
          I doubt we will be...in fact, I would bet on it! If our offense doesn't improve we will be doing this again next year! I said it last year as well, and well look where we are!

Comment

^^^ I honestly don't understand why you place such and emphasis on offense specifically a runningback to win games when our biggest problem is not being able to stop the run in a run heavy AFC West.

Comment

^^^ I honestly don't understand why you place such and emphasis on offense specifically a runningback to win games when our biggest problem is not being able to stop the run in a run heavy AFC West.
              BS...I do not think even if our defense could shut them half way down we would have won!

And if K.C. had Johnson this season against us and were not as in transition as us, I think those scores would be far different. Oakland we barely beat by 3 points, only to turn around and be dominated by them the second time around. San Diego destroyed us, and their defense did not score most of those points...in fact even if our defense was better...we may have lowered their chances, but unfortunatley we would still have had what a total of 6 points, yeah...offense doesn't matter!

If you can not score, it doesn't make a difference what your defense can do...the last year Plummer played should be proof enough, the defense kept us in those games, in quite a few...only our offense could not score! I guess we should blame the Browncos for that as well...

Comment

We were HORRIBLE at defending the rush- that is no BS- it is arguably our biggest weakness on this team. We were almost the worst in the entire league in this category.

When you run the ball you eat up the clock- so yes, our defense is partly to blame for our lack of time of possession. Since we were so bad defending the run thats exactly what teams did to us mitigating the time our offense spent on the field. Now we have to play from behind and play catch up.

We were HORRIBLE at defending the rush- that is no BS- it IS our biggest weakness on this team.

How does a runningback solve our rush defense woes???

We had the 5th best rushing attack per yardage and the 28th or 29th worst rushing defense and you still think our rushing offense needs more attention???

Comment

I think that Selvin Young has made quite an impression on Coach Shananhan. Shanahan is always looking for guys to make an impression, to get his attention. Selvin should be the starting back. He has proved that through his play to just keep grinding out the yardage. It seems to me that Selvin was made to be the workhorse for the running game. Travis Henry has been ok, I do realize that he was injured but I think he may either be in the scheme as the second or third back. He has contributed to the running game but I really like what I have seen Selvin do.

Comment

I would like to see Selvin win the job next season, he showed the ability to protect the QB in passing situations and has nice cut back talent. We don't need a superstar top draft pick to succeed in Denver, that has been proven over and over again. Great talent can come from anywhere, not just 1st round picks. Terrell Davis was a fourth rounder and could have been one of the greatest. I like what I see from Selvin and I think Shanahan has a crush on him aswell

Comment

^^^ Youngs game smarts and intangibles picking up the blitz and such are what impress me most about him. Nice addition :thumb:

Comment

We were HORRIBLE at defending the rush- that is no BS- it is arguably our biggest weakness on this team. We were almost the worst in the entire league in this category.

When you run the ball you eat up the clock- so yes, our defense is partly to blame for our lack of time of possession. Since we were so bad defending the run thats exactly what teams did to us mitigating the time our offense spent on the field. Now we have to play from behind and play catch up.

We were HORRIBLE at defending the rush- that is no BS- it IS our biggest weakness on this team.

How does a runningback solve our rush defense woes???

We had the 5th best rushing attack per yardage and the 28th or 29th worst rushing defense and you still think our rushing offense needs more attention???
                        5th best rushing attack per yardage is about a big a joke as it comes...21st in scoring try that cap on for size! We were barely better then Oakland offensively...check the stats before opening up this can! We were 14th in overall yards allowed per game, a tad better then Minnesota on that list who had the best rushing defense in the league. And I am not saying ignore the problem, but they both need fixed. Everyone thinks that by fixing the defense we will win, and the answer is no if the offense stays the same. Plus the biggest weakness is the defensive line, which more then likely can not even be touched until the 2nd Round!
                        Last edited by lancane; 01-03-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X