Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Heimerdinger and Dennison? YES!! No More Stale Offense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Heimerdinger and Dennison? YES!! No More Stale Offense!

There's been a lot of talk about Martz being available. I think most people agree that he isn't a good fit for Denver. But, what people seem to disagree on, which blows my mind, is that Heimerdinger and Dennison should be fired. Our offense has looked as creative as a high school football team lately. It's totally predictable, boring and flat. Our red zone scoring stinks and if Bates is taking responsibility for the defensive woes then Heimerdinger and Dennison should take responsibility for the absolutely horrific playcalling the last 2 years straight. If there is rebuilding to do and Denver doesn't rebuild their playcalling, I expect another mediocre and disappointing season next year offensively. What do you think?
    Fire both Heimerdinger and Dennison - Both aren't getting the job done
    43.90%
    Fire Heimerdinger - He's definitely no Kubiak
    14.63%
    Fire Dennison - Put him back on managing the line only
    19.51%
    Don't fire either of them - but somethings got to change
    17.07%
    The offensive play calling is just fine
    4.88%

i hear cam cameron's looking for work
    sigpic

Comment

One thing that seemed to plague us on offense was the inability to put opponents away when we were up big (2 scores.) Chicago & Vikings come to mind but I think there were at least 1 or 2 other games that fall into that category. With almost a full quarter left in the game and up by only 10 to 16 points we've gone to overtime to win or lost the game because the offense went all conservative. (I know defense had their part, but we're focusing on the offense right now.)

Unless you're up by 7 pts per 2 minutes of game time in the 4th quarter, you've got no business playing conservative football (on offense or defense!)

I was worried when Dennison was promoted to OL coach when Gibbs wanted to come back to full time coaching. Heimerdinger seems to have let some games get away from us this year.

Not sure who to put in either position but I doubt we could do much worse by getting Dennison out and I'm sure there's plenty of people available that would be no worse then Heimerdinger.

Comment

I'm really not opposed to Cam Cameron. From what I gather, he's a real players coach, and he knows his stuff on offense.

Having said that, Shanahan likes to keep 'his guys' around him on offense, so I doubt we'll see any changes with the offensive staff. As far as I can remember, Shanahan has never fired an offensive coach in 13 seasons he's been here.
        sigpic

Comment

There's a first time for everything, and Mike needs to get rid of Heimerdinger EYE-mediately. The guy sucks. he sucked in New York, and he sucks here. his play calling is a JOKE, especially in the red zone.

Of course, he was Shanny's college roommate at Eastern Illinois, so he'll probably stick around. Damn nepotism.

Seriously. If we're sincerely wanting to develop Cutler into a top-flight quarterback, and not just Chad Pennington with a bigger arm, we need to let him off the leash a little.

I understand wanting to limit mistakes. But not letting the kid who you moved up to get use his arm is insane. Honestly, the way he's been neutered by Heimerdinger reminds me of what Reeves did to Elway in the 80s. That is NOT a favorable comparison.
          In Manning I trust.

Comment

The excuse of keeping the "Goold Ole' Boys Club" which is Shanahan's close friends, is pathetic. If Shanahan keeps them around and they suck, then that speaks volumes about Shanahan's management of this team. For two years now we've had this problem of boring and unproductive playcalling (fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on Shanahan). They need to go and if Shanahan is simply keeping them around because they're his friends, then that's a huge problem for this team.

Where is Alex Gibbs when we need him? Put him back on managing the line!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Pits View Post
              Where is Alex Gibbs when we need him? Put him back on managing the line!
              Don't count on that happening. When Gibbs had to go part-time due to health reasons he was promised his job upon his return. He returned and Dennison got the nod. Gibbs left for Atlanta. Even if offered $10M a year, I doubt Gibbs would take the job.

Another case of Shanny's nepotism?

Comment

That really sucks. Yet another reason why Dennison shouldn't be around. If it's the choice between Dennison and Gibbs - I'll take Gibbs any day. But we need Gibbs on the line - both offense and defense. We just haven't been the same without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Pits View Post
                  That really sucks. Yet another reason why Dennison shouldn't be around. If it's the choice between Dennison and Gibbs - I'll take Gibbs any day. But we need Gibbs on the line - both offense and defense. We just haven't been the same without him.
                  Gibbs definitely got the shaft and he was PISSED when he left.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
                    Gibbs definitely got the shaft and he was PISSED when he left.
                    True - but is it possible to bury the hatchet? Dennison and Heimerdinger need to go and Gibbs somehow needs to return.

Comment

In fairness, Shanahan thought Gibbs was flakey and a control freak. Dennison had bene loyal to the team for many years and Shanahan wanted someone stable in the position.

Now, Gibbs is a much better coach, mind you. But I can sympathize with Shanahan's viewpoint somewhat.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say fire, we got the plays we just need to be more aggressive on the selection (more deep balls), hope that didn't come out wrong

Comment

We got the plays? I can't even count how many times I sat there on situations like 4th and goal and watched them try for the 4th time straight to run right up the gut and get stuffed. Their play calling was anything but good - it was flat!

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                            i hear cam cameron's looking for work
                            I will pass

Comment

So - my concern right now is that NOTHING is being done concerning getting rid of any of the coaching staff. If there isn't major changes in the staff, next year won't be much different. Do you think they are waiting until after the SB when all teams are done to start looking for replacements?

Comment

Working...
                              X