Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Heimerdinger and Dennison? YES!! No More Stale Offense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of how a team is performing, you can't fire someone for the sake of firing them. That accomplishes nothing.

However, if a person is available who would make your team better (and you can secure their services), then you go ahead and make the switch. You change personnel to improve your team. You DON'T change personnel for the sake of changing.

If someone is out there that Shanahan believes can make the Denver Broncos a better football team, then expect some changes. If not, then don't expect any changes.

And that's how it should be.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
      Regardless of how a team is performing, you can't fire someone for the sake of firing them. That accomplishes nothing.

However, if a person is available who would make your team better (and you can secure their services), then you go ahead and make the switch. You change personnel to improve your team. You DON'T change personnel for the sake of changing.

If someone is out there that Shanahan believes can make the Denver Broncos a better football team, then expect some changes. If not, then don't expect any changes.

And that's how it should be.
      So you mean to tell me that when coaches are fired, they immediately have a replacement in mind? Cam Cameron's successor is already available? I think not. I think you fire them and interview for the position. There are LOTS of people who could handle the job (better I might add) and just because we don't have one picked out specifically yet is no reason not to fire them. These guys need to go - plain and simple.

Comment

Cam Cameron

I say fire Heimerdinger and Dennison, or move Dennison back to O-Line coach and then hire Cameron as Offensive Coordinator. He did well in San Diego for the 4 years he was there. He knows how to utilize the talent that he has unlike what Heimerdinger has done. Look how well he utilized the talent he had in San Diego when he was there. (Especially last year)

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
          One thing that seemed to plague us on offense was the inability to put opponents away when we were up big (2 scores.) Chicago & Vikings come to mind but I think there were at least 1 or 2 other games that fall into that category. With almost a full quarter left in the game and up by only 10 to 16 points we've gone to overtime to win or lost the game because the offense went all conservative. (I know defense had their part, but we're focusing on the offense right now.)

Unless you're up by 7 pts per 2 minutes of game time in the 4th quarter, you've got no business playing conservative football (on offense or defense!)

I was worried when Dennison was promoted to OL coach when Gibbs wanted to come back to full time coaching. Heimerdinger seems to have let some games get away from us this year.

Not sure who to put in either position but I doubt we could do much worse by getting Dennison out and I'm sure there's plenty of people available that would be no worse then Heimerdinger.
          well I like it when teams play conservative when they have a lead but it doesnt work for this team. Unless the offense can hold the ball the other team is going to score. I noticed a few games ago I actually got very excited when they got a 3 and out....because it doesnt really happen much

Comment

Are you guys blind? These guys have little to do with the terrible play calling on offense...

Shanahan is the one with the headset on with the play sheet infront of him, covering his mouth while he calls the plays....

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Pits View Post
              So you mean to tell me that when coaches are fired, they immediately have a replacement in mind? Cam Cameron's successor is already available? I think not. I think you fire them and interview for the position. There are LOTS of people who could handle the job (better I might add) and just because we don't have one picked out specifically yet is no reason not to fire them. These guys need to go - plain and simple.
              This is how people like Norv Turner end up with jobs.

Bad. Bad. Bad.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Working...
              X