Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hits just keep on coming...but there is good news..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hits just keep on coming...but there is good news..

After a dreadful season, it just keeps getting worse and the season isn't even a week past.

-Longtime Denver left tackle Matt Lepsis has retired.

-It has been rumored that our best guard, Ben Hamilton, while only in his eighth year, may be forced into early retirement after not showing signs of recovery from his season ending concussions.

-Starting safety John Lynch is considering retiring after a serious of neck injuries.

-Second year Bronco, Javon Walker, has stated publicly that he doesn't think he will be a Bronco next year and wants to be traded.

-These problems just add to a list of others, such as:

-we can't stop the run. Our DT are made up of sub average players and
    rookies.
    -Our weakside linebacker, Ian Gold, makes costly mistakes and is average
    at best.
    -Our strongside linebacker is really a career backup/special teams expert
    -Our shutdown corners showed signs of their age with leg and shoulder
    injuries.
    -We can't score in the redzone
    -The Oline can't stop above average passrushers so our future all star QB
    takes too many hits.
    -First round draft pick Jarvis Moss suffered a season ending injury

And now for the good news:

-We have a great young QB who improves every game.
    -Brandon Marshall had a great year and proved that he can be a number one reciever in the NFL.
    -Brandon Stokley can still get it done in the slot
    -Matt Lepsis is confident that Ryan Harris will be a great successor at LT for years to come.
    -Tom Nalen is standing by his decision to return next season
    -Selvin Young showed great potential
    -Tony Scheffler got healthy and jumped right back in as a favorite target of Cutlers
    -Jarvis Moss should be healthy and ready to prove himself next season.
    -Dumervil had a terrific sophomore year.
    -Tim Crowder had a great rookie year
    -Hamza Abdullah came into his own this year and earned a starting spot at safety
    -DJ Williams was second in tackles in the ENTIRE NFL, only behind the freak Patrick Willis.

There are plenty of things that we need to address, but there are also things that shanny and company has us prepared for.
    09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

And some people still want to believe that we are NOT rebuilding this team.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      And some people still want to believe that we are NOT rebuilding this team.
      Because we're not. The fact that Shanahan scrapped Bates' scheme five games - FIVE - into the season tells me he's a 'win right now' mentality, which you love and hate at the same time.
      sigpic

Comment

My only problem is Nalen. He is in his late 30's. How much longer can we depend on him? Don't get me wrong - we need all the help we can get at the offensive line. Say Nalen comes in and played one more year we would still need to get a center. Or is Myers the answer?

I HOPE Ryan Harris is the real deal. I have yet to see him play.

So that leaves us with the 12th spot - is it an Olineman? DLineman? LB? RB? WR? Safety? We have so many needs.

----------------------------------------------
        I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Because we're not. The fact that Shanahan scrapped Bates' scheme five games - FIVE - into the season tells me he's a 'win right now' mentality, which you love and hate at the same time.

I agree 100%...

But if he can pull off the rebuild without having a 2-14 season like some places... more power to him.
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
            My only problem is Nalen. He is in his late 30's. How much longer can we depend on him? Don't get me wrong - we need all the help we can get at the offensive line. Say Nalen comes in and played one more year we would still need to get a center. Or is Myers the answer?

So that leaves us with the 12th spot - is it an Olineman? DLineman? LB? RB? WR? Safety? We have so many needs.
            I'm worried about the same thing as well- here's to hoping Nalen can come back and do well another year or two

Comment

I think Nalen will play one last year to fulfill his contract and then call it quits.

Comment

We need BEEF! but not at the cost of drafting on OL or DL because that is their greatest need. The Broncos greatest need is an impact player at almost any position excluding qb, wr, te, and cb.

Comment

Is the glass half empty or half full??? Guess it depends upon what kind of person you are.
                  Personally I see this team turning it around next year with some minor improvements and some luck with avoiding key injuries.
                  I think the biggest needs right now is with the D, particularly the D Line. I look for Denver to be active in FA with linemen on both sides of the ball, possibly trading Walker for a DT.
                  Could be an interesting off season for suer.
                  GOD BLESS the USA!!!! Support our TROOPS!!
                  GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

ben hamilton said monday that he will be back next year, so you can hopefully take that out of the negatives

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

I hope to have Ben Hamilton back next season also.. I personally won't miss Matt Lepsis that much. He was great when we were dominating the league running the football but now things are different. He has a tendency to make stupid mistakes when it hurts the most. Holding penalties and the guy is the king of the false start.
                      I'm not dogging him out just stating some things I see as problems with him. He has never been the biggest guy and he was great when we were using the zone blocking scheme effectively because of his quickness, but he just ist quick enough anymore to be effective in the scheme, and his lack of size hurts us on the pass block.

We need a good D.T.(s) desperately, The problems we faced this season beging and end on the Line's. Both offensive and defensive lines. Our biggest issue is getting upfield pressure on the Qb's. With all the time given them we are killing the two best corners in the league asking them to cover man on man every down. Our second leading tackler this season was champ Baily that doesn't bode well for any defense. It all starts at the LOS. if you can't control the line you can't control the game..

Comment

I wish we had gotten Patrick Willis last year. Especially after seeing that video on him and his family. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by mid_evil_thymz View Post
                          I hope to have Ben Hamilton back next season also.. I personally won't miss Matt Lepsis that much. He was great when we were dominating the league running the football but now things are different. He has a tendency to make stupid mistakes when it hurts the most. Holding penalties and the guy is the king of the false start.
                          As a team we still ran best over left tackle and outside to the left. Guess who is the lead blocker for both of those. Ding! Ding! Ding!! You guessed it the answer is Matt Lepsis.

I'm not dogging him out just stating some things I see as problems with him. He has never been the biggest guy and he was great when we were using the zone blocking scheme effectively because of his quickness, but he just ist quick enough anymore to be effective in the scheme, and his lack of size hurts us on the pass block.
                          It sure shounds like you are doffing on him. Without our best blocker, how are we going to effectively run our zone blocking scheme next year? We did not have many sacks this year excluding the two games without Daniel Graham.

We need a good D.T.(s) desperately, The problems we faced this season beging and end on the Line's. Both offensive and defensive lines. Our biggest issue is getting upfield pressure on the Qb's.
                          Yes, we do need D-tackles. Pressure on the QB is definitely a big problem. However, in my opinion the biggest issue is stopping the opponent's running game. We were worse than terrible. You might have to make-up a word to describe how bad we were this year.

With all the time given them we are killing the two best corners in the league asking them to cover man on man every down. Our second leading tackler this season was champ Baily that doesn't bode well for any defense. It all starts at the LOS. if you can't control the line you can't control the game..
                          There are many defenses that the corners play man cover the entire game but I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24 View Post
                            ben hamilton said monday that he will be back next year, so you can hopefully take that out of the negatives
                            I just hope he is ok. I mean I would love to have him back but not to get hurt again!

----------------------------------------------
                            I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I just hope he is ok. I mean I would love to have him back but not to get hurt again!
                              Life doesn't come with any guarantees. IMO if he thought that another concussion would cause permanent damage he wouldn't be coming back.

Comment

Working...
                              X