Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hits just keep on coming...but there is good news..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Because we're not. The fact that Shanahan scrapped Bates' scheme five games - FIVE - into the season tells me he's a 'win right now' mentality, which you love and hate at the same time.
    We're not?! Then what do you call this season. Mysterious? This was the worst Broncos season I can remember in a long time. The team's needs are shinning like a spotlight in a corn field. We have so many needs it's not even funny.

Even if we had to fill the spots of the people that did not perform well we would have a lot of work to do. Now we need to find an answer to Javon's political career decision to leave, Lynch's possible retirement, poor play by the OLBs, and on down the line.

Face it gentlemen, if Shanahan likes it or not, we are rebuiliding.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
      We're not?! Then what do you call this season. Mysterious? This was the worst Broncos season I can remember in a long time. The team's needs are shinning like a spotlight in a corn field. We have so many needs it's not even funny.

Even if we had to fill the spots of the people that did not perform well we would have a lot of work to do. Now we need to find an answer to Javon's political career decision to leave, Lynch's possible retirement, poor play by the OLBs, and on down the line.

I coudn't agree more.
      09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post

we know that but tell that to the rest of the Bronco nation.

Face it our Success has led us to our downfall. Without those top 15 picks or top 20 picks teams that are just now getting their legs and starting to make Playoff runs. (except the pats because well... players go there knowing they will get a ring if everything falls right) Look at the Browns... How long have they been rebuilding for pratically 10 years perhaps, Bengals ect. The thing is we've missed out on players who could have been in this org earlier then later.

It doesn't help that Shanahan wont dish out the cash for the D-Line. Champ is good yes but only because our D-line forces the QB to throw into his way. Dont get me wrong that we sholdnt trade him off but... When it comes down to it we can get away with 2 rookie CB's (trade off bly and champ) for a whole new front 5 (excuding DJ and dommervil). Champ and Bly are probably worth their weight in a top knotch D-line. The Question is... do we dump them now to get the line or keep them and let the team suffer more until they are both worthless.
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
          And some people still want to believe that we are NOT rebuilding this team.
          it's only rebuilding because we lack a more accurate term. it's not like we're a bad team, we've got talent all over, we're just playing under our potential and are a couple linemen away from showing we can get back to 10 wins. it's not like we're the raiders or dolphins who are truly bad because they're bad. we just had a bad defensive system shoehorned in here and our oline broke down.
          Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
            we know that but tell that to the rest of the Bronco nation.

Face it our Success has led us to our downfall. Without those top 15 picks or top 20 picks teams that are just now getting their legs and starting to make Playoff runs. (except the pats because well... players go there knowing they will get a ring if everything falls right) Look at the Browns... How long have they been rebuilding for pratically 10 years perhaps, Bengals ect. The thing is we've missed out on players who could have been in this org earlier then later.

It doesn't help that Shanahan wont dish out the cash for the D-Line. Champ is good yes but only because our D-line forces the QB to throw into his way. Dont get me wrong that we sholdnt trade him off but... When it comes down to it we can get away with 2 rookie CB's (trade off bly and champ) for a whole new front 5 (excuding DJ and dommervil). Champ and Bly are probably worth their weight in a top knotch D-line. The Question is... do we dump them now to get the line or keep them and let the team suffer more until they are both worthless.
            It sounds like you think our Dline was even average, Well it wasnt, In fact it was one of the worst EVER. So maybe if we get a average Dline or a slightly above average Dre and Bailey can do their job.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
              It sounds like you think our Dline was even average, Well it wasnt, In fact it was one of the worst EVER. So maybe if we get a average Dline or a slightly above average Dre and Bailey can do their job.
              I didnt say that.

I ment our past successes under Shanahan the only real loosing season we had was in '99 where most teams that go into a massive decline after loosing their star players.

If you cant get that then you dont know what I ment sly.

This D-line either its due to poor coaching or poor play by the players. Has been horrible unless theres a magician out there that can come in and coach these players to actually be a Defense it looks grim.
              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                I didnt say that.

I ment our past successes under Shanahan the only real loosing season we had was in '99 where most teams that go into a massive decline after loosing their star players.

If you cant get that then you dont know what I ment sly.

This D-line either its due to poor coaching or poor play by the players. Has been horrible unless theres a magician out there that can come in and coach these players to actually be a Defense it looks grim.
                I get it, Im just saying that we need to remember just how bad this Dline was. You cannot coach a Dline to be that bad. It's the players. Just about anything should be an improvment.

That said I think we can at least get average to above average next year. IMHO. Even with a average Dline I think Dre and Champ will do wonders. Not to leave out Fox be he's also been a victim of our bad line play.

The players we had got hurt , and the players we got got hurt and/or sucked. Well I doubt even with the same coaches things will be nearly as bad next year. The thing is, Players can make the Line play this bad all by them self. The coaches can only make the line this bad if the players allready suck.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                  it's only rebuilding because we lack a more accurate term. it's not like we're a bad team, we've got talent all over, we're just playing under our potential and are a couple linemen away from showing we can get back to 10 wins. it's not like we're the raiders or dolphins who are truly bad because they're bad. we just had a bad defensive system shoehorned in here and our oline broke down.
                  I think this team needed alot more than "a couple linemen" to get to 10 wins.

And as much as I hate to say it....I think the raiders are headed in the right direction....and the broncos are headed the other way.

Hope I am wrong.....but things may get worse before they get better....and if this team stumbles to another 7-9 record next season.....I don't think Shanahan will survive.....and then things will really get ugly.....imo
                  My 3 favorite teams:
                  1.The Denver Broncos
                  2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                  3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by broncophan View Post
                    I think this team needed alot more than "a couple linemen" to get to 10 wins.

And as much as I hate to say it....I think the raiders are headed in the right direction....and the broncos are headed the other way.

Hope I am wrong.....but things may get worse before they get better....and if this team stumbles to another 7-9 record next season.....I don't think Shanahan will survive.....and then things will really get ugly.....imo
                    1DT and one more DE getting to the QB and stopping the run. That would have effected every play. Giving Bly and Bailey more chances. Making our LB's look better and even guys like Fox and Lynch would have had more chances to make a play. Thus giving our Offense more chances to win.

Our Dline lost 90% of the critical down battles. 3rd downs became 1st and TOP became horrable. You can win or loose in the trenches. We need to make sure were are not totaly loosing in the trenches. Becuase this year we were.

Comment

1DT and one more DE getting to the QB and stopping the run. That would have effected every play. Giving Bly and Bailey more chances. Making our LB's look better and even guys like Fox and Lynch would have had more chances to make a play. Thus giving our Offense more chances to win.

Our Dline lost 90% of the critical down battles. 3rd downs became 1st and TOP became horrable. You can win or loose in the trenches. We need to make sure were are not totaly loosing in the trenches. Becuase this year we were.
                      Although it wouldnt be our biggest need if Calais Campbell is availabel at 12 I wouldnt mind seeing the Broncos snag him the dude is a beast at DE.Speaking of Ryan Harris at LT I know before last years draft I had read that his weight had went down to 275 his senior season because his religion requires him to fast at certain times during the FB season.Dont know if we want Cutlers blind side being protected by somebody under 3 Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by utebroncofan View Post
                        Although it wouldnt be our biggest need if Calais Campbell is availabel at 12 I wouldnt mind seeing the Broncos snag him the dude is a beast at DE.Speaking of Ryan Harris at LT I know before last years draft I had read that his weight had went down to 275 his senior season because his religion requires him to fast at certain times during the FB season.Dont know if we want Cutlers blind side being protected by somebody under 3 Bills.
                        A big DE I think is one of our biggest needs. Champ and Bly can cover well on an island for a period of time. If this beast of a DE can get too the QB he can force throws and create turnovers. Getting a beast of a DE that can compliment Dum is a great way of making use of our corners.

Comment

A big DE I think is one of our biggest needs. Champ and Bly can cover well on an island for a period of time. If this beast of a DE can get too the QB he can force throws and create turnovers. Getting a beast of a DE that can compliment Dum is a great way of making use of our corners.
                          We need a beast DT to play next to whoever starts opposite of Dumervil. Dumervil is fine by himself, and the beast DT will help stop the run and allow whichever DE plays next to him get easy single blocks and make it to the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            We need a beast DT to play next to whoever starts opposite of Dumervil. Dumervil is fine by himself, and the beast DT will help stop the run and allow whichever DE plays next to him get easy single blocks and make it to the QB.
                            I agree the optimal fit would be a beast DT, plus I want to see what J.Moss can do. Any beast DT's in mind ?

Comment

Working...
                            X