Who agrees with Javon Walker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who agrees with Javon Walker?

OK this is what Im getting from him. The Broncos are now a passing team, Cutler has an arm, a stud WRs who isnt afraid to make a catch in traffic.

A stud TE who is catch happy and gains yards after the catch. A stud Slot WR who can burn any DB in the league.

With all these recievers they also have a very talented and stud deep threat named Javon Walker who plays for a coach that isnt utilizing his teams full talent.

Instead he's still playing the run game and the same play everytime, "up the middle up the middle up the middle" everyone knows its coming especially in the red zone.

Shanahan is still trying to hide his play book even when the season is on the line and personally I think that is nothing short of (and forgive my french) having a pe*is with no cojones!

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
    OK this is what Im getting from him. The Broncos are now a passing team, Cutler has an arm, a stud WRs who isnt afraid to make a catch in traffic.

A stud TE who is catch happy and gains yards after the catch. A stud Slot WR who can burn any DB in the league.

With all these recievers they also have a very talented and stud deep threat named Javon Walker who plays for a coach that isnt utilizing his teams full talent.

Instead he's still playing the run game and the same play everytime, "up the middle up the middle up the middle" everyone knows its coming especially in the red zone.

Shanahan is still trying to hide his play book even when the season is on the line and personally I think that is nothing short of (and forgive my french) having a pe*is with no cojones!
    It doesn't matter whether or not the offense is to Javon's liking or not. He had an opportunity to go to both New Orleans and New England, and passed up both to come here for more money. There's no point in being on his side - he's getting paid to be a player here, and if he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to be here. Brandon Marshall certainly didn't have trouble catching 100 balls this season, did he?
    sigpic

Comment

I just think Shanny needs to stop being so conservative and let some of his offensive asstants call the plays. Hes to tightly wound these days and youd have to be blind to not see it.

Javon has been hurt most of the year, but when healthy it seemed like he was being black balled by the guy calling the plays.
      So yes hes making the big bucks but he also wants in on the game, so I'll back him 100 percent.

Comment

I just think Shanny needs to stop being so conservative and let some of his offensive asstants call the plays. Hes to tightly wound these days and youd have to be blind to not see it.

Javon has been hurt most of the year, but when healthy it seemed like he was being black balled by the guy calling the plays.
        So yes hes making the big bucks but he also wants in on the game, so I'll back him 100 percent.
        he was only healthy the first two games of the season and had like 19 catches for 240 yds, thats being black balled?

Comment

Originally posted by halfback View Post
          he was only healthy the first two games of the season and had like 19 catches for 240 yds, thats being black balled?

It looked like he was on to a hot start.

Who was Cutler looking for most on the game winning drive in Buffalo? Well, it was Javon.

Comment

Originally posted by halfback View Post
            Yes because he was healthy enough to go towards seasons end but was held out until their playoff chances were gone.

Comment

You forgot to mention our "stud" offensive line in the list of positions.

It's hard to open up the playbook with VERY mediocre pass protection...

Comment

Greenback Football?

Lets be honest, Javon has always been about one thing first and foremost, and that's M-O-N-E-Y. Football has come second to him which is one reason we got him here in the first place.

Its ridiculous that he says the team wasn't utilizing him, he was hurt. Heck, he IS hurt, and facing possible microfracture surgery which might mean curtains for him. He's just spouting off because he wants to paint the picture like he wasn't ulitized here, but truth is he wasn't healthy enough to go out and play on Sunday's after the 2nd week. Even after he came back it wasn't the same Javon - dropping balls, not fighting for the long-ball, really dropped his effort/skills.

So now his agenda is to convince some team that he's worth the bundle of money that he is currently scheduled to earn. So how does he explain his drop-off in production? He blames the team and the coaches.

Personally, I'd like to keep Javon at significantly reduced cost, but I don't think that will happen (unless he looks around and realizes there are no takers). I have an idea though, lets paint the football with dollar signs - I bet he'd catch them then!
                To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Yes because he was healthy enough to go towards seasons end but was held out until their playoff chances were gone.
                  walker openly admitted he was only about 75% when he came back for the rest of the season

Comment

Let the players call the plays. yeah.. that makes sense. Javon caught 100yrd games when he was healthy. THats not "black balling" him at all. That sounds like you must be his cousin with that kind of crap.

Also.. we don't just run run run. We run the ball 45% of the time and pass 55% of the time. Be sure to have some fact first around here.
                    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 01-03-2008, 07:51 PM.

Comment

See, this is wrong again.

When it was released that Walker was to have his surgery, most people in the know, guessed he wouldn't be back for the season... and he shouldn't be. He rushed himself back because he knew he was due th 5 million dollar roster bonus coming up. So he wanted to prove that he could be on the field, and try to 'earn' that roster bonus money. But the fact is, he shouldn't have even been on the field. He wasn't healthy, and he wasn't ready. Thats why he wasn't able to get the separation that was needed for him to be the kind of receiver he was in the first two games of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        Also.. we don't just run run run. We run the ball 40% of the time and pass 60% of the time. Be sure to have some fact first around here.
                        We really pass that much?

Well I could probably see it... knowing that we always play from behind, which would mean we would pass more..

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          We really pass that much?

Well I could probably see it... knowing that we always play from behind, which would mean we would pass more..
                          I just corrected myself. Its actually a 45% run to 55% pass. But you look throughout Shanahan's history, and this is about the same ratio. We run and pass about a 45 to 55 % ratio. People just think we are a run run run team because we have success with our running game

**EDIT: Actually, its a higher percentage of CALLED pass plays. Forty Four (44) of the counted runs were from Cutler, and almost ALL of those were called pass plays that ended up him running the ball. I counted them as rushes. But in reality, we could probably count 75 % of those runs as a pass play CALLED. So that comes out to 58% of the plays called being a pass instead of it being 55%**
                          Last edited by Ravage!!!; 01-03-2008, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I agree with Javon, I think our Offense is to vanilla. Shanahan refuses to let it loose for some reason, and its starting to drive me insane. Either he needs to grow his sack back or get out of Denver and give us someone who is not a scary little blank.

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
                              I agree with Javon, I think our Offense is to vanilla. Shanahan refuses to let it loose for some reason, and its starting to drive me insane. Either he needs to grow his sack back or get out of Denver and give us someone who is not a scary little blank.
                              Remember the "great" pass protecting Oline we have right now.

Now remember the great pass protecting Oline during the Super Bowl days, when we did open up the playbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X