Who agrees with Javon Walker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
    I agree with Javon, I think our Offense is to vanilla. Shanahan refuses to let it loose for some reason, and its starting to drive me insane. Either he needs to grow his sack back or get out of Denver and give us someone who is not a scary little blank.
    well, I disagree with your assessment of the playcalling. HOWEVER... I don't think it really matters. LIke mojo pointed out above, Javon held out in GB because he wanted more money. Was that passing system not suited for him?
    Was he complaining about the system when he was catching the most passes and getting 100yrds a game? No, of course not. He's only complaining when he wants out, and he only wants out because he knows he's going ot have to renegotiate his contract.

Its all about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      well, I disagree with your assessment of the playcalling. HOWEVER... I don't think it really matters. LIke mojo pointed out above, Javon held out in GB because he wanted more money. Was that passing system not suited for him?
      Was he complaining about the system when he was catching the most passes and getting 100yrds a game? No, of course not. He's only complaining when he wants out, and he only wants out because he knows he's going ot have to renegotiate his contract.

Its all about the money.
      Well...I think it's money, definitely, but I also think he does have a problem with the offense.

Most people don't seem to remember, but last season, he made several direct and indirect remarks regarding the offense, saying things like 'They definitely like to run the ball' and 'They brought me here they need to utilize me' or words to that effect. Shanahan even had to come out and defend him by saying that he wouldn't want Javon here if he didn't want the ball, that he was a competitor, yada, yada, yada. However, the complaints did stop once Cutler went in last season and the offense opened up somewhat, and he was catching TDs and having 100 yard games. But Javon knows that Marshall and Cutler have formed a unique bond, and Walker doesn't seem willing to share catches with someone or be reduced to just 50 or 60 catch seasons.

Plus, in Javon's mind, Shanahan is responsible for his knee injury getting as severe as it did.

So I think that there are a lot of things bother Javon regarding the Broncos. But I would agree money is #1, with the style of offense being a very close #2.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        Well...I think it's money, definitely, but I also think he does have a problem with the offense.

Most people don't seem to remember, but last season, he made several direct and indirect remarks regarding the offense, saying things like 'They definitely like to run the ball' and 'They brought me here they need to utilize me' or words to that effect. Shanahan even had to come out and defend him by saying that he wouldn't want Javon here if he didn't want the ball, that he was a competitor, yada, yada, yada. However, the complaints did stop once Cutler went in last season and the offense opened up somewhat, and he was catching TDs and having 100 yard games. But Javon knows that Marshall and Cutler have formed a unique bond, and Walker doesn't seem willing to share catches with someone or be reduced to just 50 or 60 catch seasons.

Plus, in Javon's mind, Shanahan is responsible for his knee injury getting as severe as it did.

So I think that there are a lot of things bother Javon regarding the Broncos. But I would agree money is #1, with the style of offense being a very close #2.
        "they sure do liek to run the ball" is just a lame excuse. Thats just lame. I don't really care if he has a 'problem' with the offense. The offense has won a LOT of games before he got here, and will continue to win games when he leaves.

He wasn't complaining when he was getting his 100 yrd games. The thing that bothers Javon, is him not getting the catches is hurting his pocketbook. He rushed himself on that knee.

Javon just wants to blame everyone else for his troubles. He held out in GB for HIM. Not anyone else. I'm sure he'll blame someone else for that injury as well. I'm sure it wasn't "his fault" that he was traded away from GB. I'm sure its "not fair" that we are asking him to take a pay cut because he can't stay on the field. Nothing is Javon's fault. Everything is wrong, and its everyone else's doing. The world is against Javon..... just ask him.

Comment

"they sure do liek to run the ball" is just a lame excuse. Thats just lame. I don't really care if he has a 'problem' with the offense. The offense has won a LOT of games before he got here, and will continue to win games when he leaves.

He wasn't complaining when he was getting his 100 yrd games. The thing that bothers Javon, is him not getting the catches is hurting his pocketbook. He rushed himself on that knee.

Javon just wants to blame everyone else for his troubles. He held out in GB for HIM. Not anyone else. I'm sure he'll blame someone else for that injury as well. I'm sure it wasn't "his fault" that he was traded away from GB. I'm sure its "not fair" that we are asking him to take a pay cut because he can't stay on the field. Nothing is Javon's fault. Everything is wrong, and its everyone else's doing. The world is against Javon..... just ask him.
          Hey, I'm on your side on this one. I think Javon is acting childish and spoiled, and it makes me even more grateful of the McCaffrey/Smith years in which we had two of the most unselfish WRs in the NFL who only cared about winning and making this team succeed, even if it meant they wouldn't get paid big money or have 100-catch seasons every year.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, I'm on your side on this one. I think Javon is acting childish and spoiled, and it makes me even more grateful of the McCaffrey/Smith years in which we had two of the most unselfish WRs in the NFL who only cared about winning and making this team succeed, even if it meant they wouldn't get paid big money or have 100-catch seasons every year.
            Exactly. In '97.. Smith had 70 Catches.. sharpe had 72, and McCaffrey 45. They knew their roles... and weren't thinking about anything other than the team goal.

Our second SB run, Smith had 86 and both McCaffrey and Sharpe had 64 catches. Thats a lot of balls going around once the offense is moving. I find it hard to believe that both Marshall and Walker couldn't get 70+ catches.. because Sheffler isn't a Sharpe (although, we do have Stokely now).

I guess I'm more disappointed that he has to be this way. I was really looking forward to a Marshall-Walker-Stokely combo.

Comment

Exactly. In '97.. Smith had 70 Catches.. sharpe had 72, and McCaffrey 45. They knew their roles... and weren't thinking about anything other than the team goal.

Our second SB run, Smith had 86 and both McCaffrey and Sharpe had 64 catches. Thats a lot of balls going around once the offense is moving. I find it hard to believe that both Marshall and Walker couldn't get 70+ catches.. because Sheffler isn't a Sharpe (although, we do have Stokely now).

I guess I'm more disappointed that he has to be this way. I was really looking forward to a Marshall-Walker-Stokely combo.
              Well...I was a bit more pessimistic about his returning to Denver, mostly because he was openly talking to the media about not restructuring and I saw no way Denver would bring him back with his knee in serious question at the kind of money he was due. Adam Schefter pretty much solidified it for me when he discussed it on 850KOA and NFL Network.

But I was at least 25-30% hopeful that something could be worked out, once Javon realized his market value wasn't as high as he thought. But now? After everything that's been said? Shanahan's not bringing him back. And who can blame him? I wouldn't want that type of player around my team after the season we just had.
              sigpic

Comment

But I was at least 25-30% hopeful that something could be worked out, once Javon realized his market value wasn't as high as he thought. But now? After everything that's been said? Shanahan's not bringing him back. And who can blame him? I wouldn't want that type of player around my team after the season we just had.
                yeah.. I wasn't really optimistic. I guess I was just holding out hope that my gut was wrong.

But you are right. Who would want him back in the locker room? Who wouldwant that guy now? I truly truly hope we trade him to a team like Atlanta.

Comment

Game Over

I agree with the above assessments that Walker's injury situation is what's causing him to lash out a bit. All of the sudden "the 'system' isn't for Javon" anymore. I didn't here that same complaining from him after '06 ....by the way, isn't the west coast offense run by both Denver & GreenBay? Also, refering to yourself in the 3rd person is never a good thing.

It looks like Javon will have to be gone after this outburst and I say good riddance. Let's just get something out of the draft picks he cost us.

So long Javon... We hardly knew ye
                  sigpic
                  Joe Everett
                  FantasyFootball.com

Comment

Agree with Walker?

Agree with him not being the guy?

Sorry, but if he doesn't get hurt, Brandon Marshall doesn't break out like he did, and Walker is still arguably the #1 guy.

It sucks for Walker, but when a player gets injured, other players have to step up, and Marshall made the most of that opportunity. SO much, in fact, that even if Walker comes back healthy next year, Marshall is still the man.

I don't wanna be a di-k about the situation, but if you want to stay the man, produce, and don't get hurt. Sucks that the situation is out of hands, but that's just the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X