Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shanahan terrible at managing injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawshank24 View Post
    there's no way to blame shanahan for injuries or how quickly they heal, but the way he deals with them has always bothered me. it seems like him and the broncos are never honest about the severity of injuries which bothers the hell out of me. one day javon's knee is fine, just a little swelling, but no issue; next day he has to have more surgery. rod's knee is fine, he's going on PUP and will be active come week six; come week 16 rod admits that his knee is worse than ever and he requires more surgery...

i AM getting a little tired of never knowing how badly hurt our players ACTUALLY are.

other than that though, shanahan can't be blamed for injuries or healing in any way.
    But its not his job to let YOU know the truth.. right? I mean he MUST (by NFL rule) give SOME report. I'm sure he's just giving the news he is given.

Imean... look how often our own health changes. One morning I get up and feel fantastic.. the next my back is killing me. Early in the day I feel like crap, but later in the afternoon I feel amazing.

How is the coach supposed to know more than what the players and the trainers tell him?

Comment

...rod's knee is fine, he's going on PUP and will be active come week six; come week 16 rod admits that his knee is worse than ever and he requires more surgery...
      ...rod's hip is fine, he's going on PUP and will be active come week six; come week 16 rod admits that his hip is worse than ever and he requires more surgery...
      Last edited by phanofsports17; 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

sorry, but this is crazy to me. dj was nearly defensive rookie of the year his first year here. this year he was 2nd in the entire league in tackles after yet again switching positions! trust me, on that draft day, i threw things and called shanahan everything i could think of for passing on stephen jackson, but you can't say that dj isn't a top 10 mlb. name 10 mlbs that are better and i'll disagree with you while doing my absolute best not to be a homer

there's no way to blame shanahan for injuries or how quickly they heal, but the way he deals with them has always bothered me. it seems like him and the broncos are never honest about the severity of injuries which bothers the hell out of me. one day javon's knee is fine, just a little swelling, but no issue; next day he has to have more surgery. rod's knee is fine, he's going on PUP and will be active come week six; come week 16 rod admits that his knee is worse than ever and he requires more surgery...

i AM getting a little tired of never knowing how badly hurt our players ACTUALLY are.

other than that though, shanahan can't be blamed for injuries or healing in any way.
        Yeah, but isn't that a little bit of strategy??? i mean if other teams knew that players had no chance of playing they wouldn't prepare for that player, but if they might play, they still have to take some time to prepare for them.

its kind of the same deal that tom brady is probably EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!! even though everybody knows he will play they still put him on the injury report.

lol, but you get the idea, can't let the other teams in on everything that the Broncos are doing, even though i also would like to know!

Comment

sorry, but this is crazy to me. dj was nearly defensive rookie of the year his first year here. this year he was 2nd in the entire league in tackles after yet again switching positions! trust me, on that draft day, i threw things and called shanahan everything i could think of for passing on stephen jackson, but you can't say that dj isn't a top 10 mlb. name 10 mlbs that are better and i'll disagree with you while doing my absolute best not to be a homer

First, it is Rod Smith's Hip and not his Knee. Second you think that any team in the NFL is being honest with the fans and the media regarding injuries??? Not even close to be true. That's delusional on your part if you believe that.

Also do you think that PLAYERS are honest with the coaching staff regarding their injuries? NO!!! because they know if they say I got this really bad knee injury coach and I probably wont ever play another down in the league again so please sign me to a high dollar free agent contract????

Javon Walker is not being honest with anyone about the severity of his knee injury. If he tells coach Hey I can't play at all next year they will want him to take a pay cut. RIGHT? yes. that is how things work in the league. You can't say I'm hurt really bad and wont play for two seasons because they will try to use the money you are getting to pay someone who actually can play.

Blaming Shannahan for the injuries is about the dumbest thing Ive heard on here. I know that some of you want him gone but you are really reaching now.
          I guess that we can blame him for global warming and the fact that the sheeyat brained teetmouse of new guinnea is almost extinct huh? Or that Brittany Spears bizzare behavior stems from shannahan having to many syllables in his last name..

STop REACHING for things to ***** about regarding Shannahan.

Comment

Working...
          X