Sapps' Last Season In Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapps' Last Season In Denver?

Lacking Leadership, Warren Sapp could get our young D-Line A little kick start, besides I dont see that dude hurting any team!!

that might be the dumbest thing ive ever heard

who would want a washed up retired raider slowing down our team

Comment

Originally posted by Jadman View Post
      Lacking Leadership, Warren Sapp could get our young D-Line A little kick start, besides I dont see that dude hurting any team!!
      I think the Sam Adams experiment pretty much puts any chance of us getting Sapp at 0%. The Broncos need to be moving away from these type of players.
      sigpic

Comment

The Raiders are basically and Elephant graveyard for Washed up players

You don't leave the Raiders to come here
        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by biggymac609 View Post

A Raiders fan?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post

You don't leave the Raiders to come here
            Actually...

I may not mind us taking a chance on Jerry Porter, especially if Javon is shown the door.

But definitely not Sapp.
            Last edited by mojo0730; 01-03-2008, 08:52 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

whoa! he is a buc not a raider, thats like saying Jerry Rice is a Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                Washed up like Randy Moss, right? The organization as a whole just stinks. It doesn't mean they don't have good players. Well, it does after this year. It appears as though they're going to lose a good amount of impact players. Still. I definitely wouldn't mind Sapp. I say we still draft a DT in round one or two, pair him with Marcus Thomas, and use Sapp as a situational player, a leader, and a mentor to our young guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
                  Washed up like Randy Moss, right? The organization as a whole just stinks. It doesn't mean they don't have good players. Well, it does after this year. It appears as though they're going to lose a good amount of impact players. Still. I definitely wouldn't mind Sapp. I say we still draft a DT in round one or two, pair him with Marcus Thomas, and use Sapp as a situational player, a leader, and a mentor to our young guys.
                  Sapp's not a leader.

A leader doesn't get three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in one game and gets ejected this far into his career. He clearly did it because he wants out of Oakland.

Sound familiar? *COUGHjavonwalkerCOUGH*

The Broncos don't need Sapp. I would be mortified if they ever signed the guy.

Now, Porter, on the other hand...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jadman View Post
                    whoa! he is a buc not a raider, thats like saying Jerry Rice is a Bronco.
                    I always refer to Rice as an ex-Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      Sapp's not a leader.

A leader doesn't get three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in one game and gets ejected this far into his career. He clearly did it because he wants out of Oakland.

Sound familiar? *COUGHjavonwalkerCOUGH*

Didn't Rod Smith punch a referee? You can't look at one situation and judge a man. He got frustrated and got some penalties, from what I hear the third wasn't even warranted. Getting frustrated in the heat of the game and acting 'badly' as you imply Javon has (I agree) are two different things. Yeah, he wants out of Oakland, who doesn't? I say why not bring him here?

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
                        Didn't Rod Smith punch a referee? You can't look at one situation and judge a man. He got frustrated and got some penalties, from what I hear the third wasn't even warranted. Getting frustrated in the heat of the game and acting 'badly' as you imply Javon has (I agree) are two different things. Yeah, he wants out of Oakland, who doesn't? I say why not bring him here?
                        I've been watching the Broncos for 17 years, and have seen or otherwise heard Rod Smith's every game. I don't once remember him ever punching a referee.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe I had made a mistake.

I hadn't seen it myself, but I've heard numerous references. I can't seem to find any stories matching this, so I suppose it was false information. Wow, can't believe I did that. Sorry to Rod, and sorry to you.

*EDIT*

Okay, so I was right...

Point is he's still a good guy, things happen. Thanks Beast.
                          Last edited by Maharishineo; 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I lose my lunch if Sapp ever signed with the Broncos:doh:
                            sigpic
                            Joe Everett
                            FantasyFootball.com

Comment

Originally posted by biggymac609 View Post

LOL! Exactly.

I've been watching the Broncos for 17 years, and have seen or otherwise heard Rod Smith's every game. I don't once remember him ever punching a referee.
                              Well, he did, in 2003.

"Rod Smith swung and missed Oakland defensive tackle Chris Cooper in the second quarter of the Broncos' 31-10 win over the Oakland Raiders at Invesco Field at Mile High on Monday night, but the errant right hook connected with the face of umpire Undrey Wash and could land the Denver wide receiver in plenty of trouble."

"It was a total accident," Smith said. "I apologized to him because definitely, that was not me. I didn't try to do it. The rules are the rules. I have to face my punishment. Sitting in here watching the game, that is punishment enough."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n10026084

Comment

Working...
                              X