Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
    Maybe I had made a mistake.

I hadn't seen it myself, but I've heard numerous references. I can't seem to find any stories matching this, so I suppose it was false information. Wow, can't believe I did that. Sorry to Rod, and sorry to you.
    I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying I certainly don't remember, and I haven't heard any references to it.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the incident with his common law wife years ago?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
      LOL! Exactly.

Well, he did, in 2003.

"Rod Smith swung and missed Oakland defensive tackle Chris Cooper in the second quarter of the Broncos' 31-10 win over the Oakland Raiders at Invesco Field at Mile High on Monday night, but the errant right hook connected with the face of umpire Undrey Wash and could land the Denver wide receiver in plenty of trouble."

"It was a total accident," Smith said. "I apologized to him because definitely, that was not me. I didn't try to do it. The rules are the rules. I have to face my punishment. Sitting in here watching the game, that is punishment enough."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n10026084
      OH YEAH! I remember that now!

Good memory and find - CP coming to you.
      sigpic

Comment

This is a PERFECT IDEA!

He has got to be cheaper than a tackling sled.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          I've been watching the Broncos for 17 years, and have seen or otherwise heard Rod Smith's every game. I don't once remember him ever punching a referee.
          He aimed it at one of the Raider DEs. The ref's head was in the way unfortunately. Rod's a classy guy...but you can tell he's a Bronco through and through after that!
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Yeah, well, not gonna happen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

He retired.

Comment

the off-season

I hope sapp doesnt come to denver at all, But we need to do something about that line. What id like to see happen is us trading Javon Walker and possibly a 4th or 5th round pick for Chad Johnson. That would be great!! since Walker doesnt want to be a bronco and Johnson doesnt wanna be a bengal anyway!

Comment

When I first saw the news on Sapp, on Fox, I thought it would be funny to post a lets go after Sapp thread as a joke. I can't believe anybody would want him here, I can only hope Shanny doesn't even consider talking to this guy (i'm pretty sure he won't though). By the way I hear Butkis is looking for work I sure bet he could shore up our d-line.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd take Gerard Warren back....

Comment

We would be stupid to look at Sapp, since there is an abundance of Defensive lineman out there on free agency, and drafting rookies does not ensure us any true leadership. Leadership is what we need up front to compliment our young talent.

Comment

He's not needed or wanted.
                      The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglebronco View Post
                        Cecil can go right back to the Miami area and get high. He's not needed or wanted in Denver. He should retire.
                        You talking about Cecil or Warren? I'd like to keep Cecil, I think he's a good player.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          I'd take Gerard Warren back....
                          Yup! That's just what the Broncos need! More washed up, underachieving over the hill DTs!

Newsflash: Gerrard Warren couldn't even start for the 4-12 Raiders. He sat on the bench a lot and had a mediocre year.

He didn't want to be here to begin with, there's ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHANCE that he'll be back.

As for Warren Sapp, how many times does a guy have to say "I'm retired" before idiots will stop posting "we should sign him." He's retired.

Retired means that he's done playing football. He doesn't want to go anywhere, including Denver. He's too old to play anymore. He's had his career, has a SB ring and is tired of football.

As Monty Python said: "He's not pining for the fiords he's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                            Retired means that he's done playing football. He doesn't want to go anywhere, including Denver. He's too old to play anymore. He's had his career, has a SB ring and is tired of football.
                            That or just tired of the Raiders. Remember Junior Seau "retiring" after a stint with Miami? 'Came within a week, joining the Patriots.

Comment

Working...
                            X