Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me compelling reasons/arguments why Jim Bates should stay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    In your opinion, however, would you see the logical reasons in which Denver may part ways with him? And would you agree that there were logical reasonings behind us parting ways with Ray Rhodes after one season?
    If you are asking if I can see reasons why the Broncos would move on after one season... of course.

I don't really want to speculate on what happened with Ray Rhodes. I think there was more to that than what appeared on the surface. That was just a weird relationship with him here, and it didn't really seem to jell. Ray was always a bitter man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      If you are asking if I can see reasons why the Broncos would move on after one season... of course.

I don't really want to speculate on what happened with Ray Rhodes. I think there was more to that than what appeared on the surface. That was just a weird relationship with him here, and it didn't really seem to jell. Ray was always a bitter man.
      Ok, fair enough. As long as you can see some or most of my points of view, I can at least agree that firing a coordinator after just one season may not be the best or right move under normal circumstances.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
        Can we change the title of this thread, please?

How about "Compelling reasons that mojo will ignore and dismiss completely about why Bates should stay -- Don't bother responding"?

That seems to be a more accurate title...
        Like you haven't ignored my reasonings for why he should be fired? Come on! As many reasons as you may think you've given to keep Bates, I've given you just as much to believe he should be fired, and you've ignored all of it, and haven't provided anything that would demonstrate things will definitely be better next season.

Pot calling the kettle black, there, my friend...
        sigpic

Comment

• That's not the title of the thread, is it mojo?

You want compelling reasons, the proceed to essentially tell anyone who GIVES you a compelling reason that they're idiots for seeing it differently than you.

You should work on your tact, "my friend."
          In Manning I trust.

Comment

That's not the title of the thread, is it mojo?

You want compelling reasons, the proceed to essentially tell anyone who GIVES you a compelling reason that they're idiots for seeing it differently than you.

You should work on your tact, "my friend."
            I haven't called or implied anyone is an idiot. I'm simply trying to have a debate here, and have been completely respecful towards everyone's viewpoint even in disagreement, which is more than I can say for you.

I don't need to be told by someone who just started posting here how to act or respond. I don't need anyone telling me that, for that matter. You can ask virtually anyone here, and they'll tell you I know what I'm talking about, even if they disagree with my overall opinion. I suggest if you don't like me or this post, you place me on ignore, and that should solve your problems with me.
            sigpic

Comment

• Oh, so I'm new and my opinion isn't worth as much. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

It wasn't until this page of this thread, and I believe we're on page 11 or 12 now, that you actually admitted that maybe firing a guy after one year wasn't the way to go. Did it really take that long for you to figure it out, or were you too busy trying not to listen to everyone else's opinion to make time for such a post?

I don't have a problem with you per se, but you ask for people's opinions and then tell them they're wrong... seems like you should have saved the bandwidth and not asked in the first place.
              In Manning I trust.

Comment

Oh, so I'm new and my opinion isn't worth as much. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

It wasn't until this page of this thread, and I believe we're on page 11 or 12 now, that you actually admitted that maybe firing a guy after one year wasn't the way to go. Did it really take that long for you to figure it out, or were you too busy trying not to listen to everyone else's opinion to make time for such a post?

I don't have a problem with you per se, but you ask for people's opinions and then tell them they're wrong... seems like you should have saved the bandwidth and not asked in the first place.
                Find me a post where I told someone they were 'wrong' in their opinion. All I've done is disagree with people in a respectful manner - even if you don't see it.

And I didn't say your opinion didn't matter. I said that I don't need to be told how I should be posting here, especially by someone that just started posting here.
                sigpic

Comment

Find me a post where I told someone they were 'wrong' in their opinion. All I've done is disagree with people in a respectful manner - even if you don't see it.

And I didn't say your opinion didn't matter. I said that I don't need to be told how I should be posting here, especially by someone that just started posting here.

gotcha.
                  In Manning I trust.

Comment

• It just makes the most sense to keep him, and progress to year 2.

BATES has had success everywhere he has been, which has been stated umteen times already. He needs an upgrade in personnel.

You keep saying you dont like that Bates needs an upgrade in personnel to suceed, ANY defense needs an upgrade from our personnel to succeed mojo.

The BRONCOS just so happened to have the rotated D-Tackles high-in/low-out this year.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                      It just makes the most sense to keep him, and progress to year 2.

BATES has had success everywhere he has been, which has been stated umteen times already. He needs an upgrade in personnel.

You keep saying you dont like that Bates needs an upgrade in personnel to suceed, ANY defense needs an upgrade from our personnel to succeed mojo.

The BRONCOS just so happened to have the rotated D-Tackles high-in/low-out this year.
                      I never said that I didn't believe Bates needs an upgrade to succeed. In fact, I've stated many times that I believe that is the only way for him to be successful.

But I also believe that Coyer had limited/less talent than even Coyer back in '03, but still was able to keep the defense somewhat respectable and non-embarrassing.

The same can't be said for Bates after season one.
                      sigpic

Comment

I never said that I didn't believe Bates needs an upgrade to succeed. In fact, I've stated many times that I believe that is the only way for him to be successful.

But I also believe that Coyer had limited/less talent than even Coyer back in '03, but still was able to keep the defense somewhat respectable and non-embarrassing.

The same can't be said for Bates after season one.
                        Coyer never had as bad of personnel as we've had this year, and thast shanny's fault for starting Gordon and Burton, both compete nobodies.

Coyer had a steady diet of Courtney Brown(beast), Gerard Warren, Trevor Pryce, Mario Fatafehi and Reggie Hayward and so on, he had decent linemen
                        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Coyer never had as bad of personnel as we've had this year, and thast shanny's fault for starting Gordon and Burton, both compete nobodies.

Coyer had a steady diet of Courtney Brown(beast), Gerard Warren, Trevor Pryce, Mario Fatafehi and Reggie Hayward and so on, he had decent linemen
                          Decent?

Man, are we changing our tune. I've never heard anyone call our line during those years decent. Yeah, Pryce was a lone standout. But Hayward didn't have an impact until '04, and we dumped him afterwards. Fatafehi...he was alright, but nothing worth noting.

Also don't forget that we didn't have Champ Bailey, Drey Bly, or John Lynch on that defense, either.
                          sigpic

Comment

Decent?

Man, are we changing our tune. I've never heard anyone call our line during those years decent. Yeah, Pryce was a lone standout. But Hayward didn't have an impact until '04, and we dumped him afterwards. Fatafehi...he was alright, but nothing worth noting.

Also don't forget that we didn't have Champ Bailey, Drey Bly, or John Lynch on that defense, either.
                            We did have Lynch and Champ.

See what you're not realizing is this year we had 3 rookies, Big Sam Adams, sack master (but not great run stopper) Dumervil, hustler Engleberger, and then Gordon/Burton.

That is a way below decent line especially for stopping the run.

Courtney Brown was the MVP of the line in '05 imo, I'd kill to have any one of those guys back, wouldnt you?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

We did have Lynch and Champ.

See what you're not realizing is this year we had 3 rookies, Big Sam Adams, sack master (but not great run stopper) Dumervil, hustler Engleberger, and then Gordon/Burton.

That is a way below decent line especially for stopping the run.

Courtney Brown was the MVP of the line in '05 imo, I'd kill to have any one of those guys back, wouldnt you?
                              We did not have Lynch or Bailey in '03 - they didn't come until '04.
                              sigpic

Comment

We did not have Lynch or Bailey in '03 - they didn't come until '04.
                                Did we even go to the playoffs in '03? I'm talkin about '05 the year Coyer had success on defense.

The line still remains, it was an upgrade all acorss the line no question.

Coyer is not a better DC than Bates, he had better personnel, period

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X