Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me compelling reasons/arguments why Jim Bates should stay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    There's clearly a measure of fandom around here that believes Jim Bates should be given at least one more season to coach the defense for the Broncos, but I have yet to hear a compelling argument or reason as to why that is, given the historic collapse of our defense and the embarrassing losses we endured as a result of our shotty defense.

So, I'm ready to hear it - why exactly should Jim Bates return to the Broncos next season?
    Just off the top of my head...
    - First year
    - new system
    - young defence
    - john lynch and champ injured
    - short one linebacker

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
      Did we even go to the playoffs in '03? I'm talkin about '05 the year Coyer had success on defense.

The line still remains, it was an upgrade all acorss the line no question.

Coyer is not a better DC than Bates, he had better personnel, period
      And I disagree. I think Bates had better personnel this season than Coyer had in his first season back in '03, and Coyer did a much better job managing the players he had and at least keeping the defense respectable, and actually improved the defense from year-to-year.

You may disagree with that analysis. It's all a matter of interpretation whether or not you think we were more talented in '03 than in '07. But that's how I feel. I just think there was at least enough talent to have this defense perform significantly better than it did, and there were a lot of bad personnel decisions that were made that fall on Bates.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        And I disagree. I think Bates had better personnel this season than Coyer had in his first season back in '03, and Coyer did a much better job managing the players he had and at least keeping the defense respectable, and actually improved the defense from year-to-year.

You may disagree with that analysis. It's all a matter of interpretation whether or not you think we were more talented in '03 than in '07. But that's how I feel. I just think there was at least enough talent to have this defense perform significantly better than it did, and there were a lot of bad personnel decisions that were made that fall on Bates.
        ok, who was on the line back in '03

Berry, Hayward, Pryce and who
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Wrong Defense for the personnel on staff

First, Coyer's defense was not near as bad as Bates - they actually did quite well for 58 minutes of a game and collapsed during the 'prevent defense time". His defense held us in games when the offense was quite enimic. Bates came in with a scheme that did not fit the personnel and tried to band-aid the situation during the season. What hurt, he already cut some D-lineman that are better than what he kept. If he can convince Mike that he can scheme for the talent, give him one more year

Comment

Working...
          X