It will be 10+ years before the Broncos see another Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be 10+ years before the Broncos see another Super Bowl

I'm not trying to be negative, it just seems that the Chargers are building a dynasty of a playoff team, Colts are well on the midst of their dynasty of a playoff team and now the Patriots are even stronger than they were and will only get better after this year's draft.

It used to be that we had to try to get past the Colts, now that crowd has gotten so big (look out for the Jaguars) we MUST have great FA acquisitions and drafts, not to mention coaching to compete. If we keep switching coaches, add a few more years to this wait.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
    I'm not trying to be negative, it just seems that the Chargers are building a dynasty of a playoff team, Colts are well on the midst of their dynasty of a playoff team and now the Patriots are even stronger than they were and will only get better after this year's draft.

It used to be that we had to try to get past the Colts, now that crowd has gotten so big (look out for the Jaguars) we MUST have great FA acquisitions and drafts, not to mention coaching to compete. If we keep switching coaches, add a few more years to this wait.
    I don't necessarly believe that. I think as it stands right now, yes - it will be a while before the Broncos are up to standards. But I've seen several instances where 6-10/5-11 teams or worse rebound and do significantly better the following year. The Broncos need to make the right moves and continue to get better.
    sigpic

Comment

I can see were you are goming from. However IMO we can have a SB with in reach next year and any year. We have the talent and the HC. We just need to build chemistry with the young group and will can soar. I give it no more then 3 years before we land in the SB
      Twitter: @FFB_Hitman88

Comment

Shanny the GM won't allow that

Yes but will Shanny the GM allow that to happen? No, I don't believe that is true.
        sigpic

Comment

I honestly thought we should of went to the super bowl in 05 season where we were 13-3 (That was the 05 season right?). I think if it wasn't Jerome Bettis's last year and all that teary-eyed crap, we would of beat the steelers. We have the past two times. I kinda agree with you though. It'll be a while before we get to a superbowl. But hey, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Let's make the playoffs first.

Comment

We MUST sure up the trenches before we even sniff the belief that we will be a SB contender. Also, I honestly believe we are too much of a finesse type of team. Offensively thats ok, but defensively and special teams we must become more physical.
            sigpic

Comment

I think you guys will be surprised. This team is not void of talent. We finally have a franchise quality QB.. which makes it MUCh easier to build around. We have a lot of young talent on the team.

Both the Rams and the Falcons went from a 2-14 season to the SB the next year. There have been MANY teams that turned things around. Our own Broncos in '99 started a 2nd year QB, had a ton of injuries, and went 6-10. They followed that up with 11-5

Trust me on this... the Chargers do NOT have any kind of 'dynasty'.... they haven't won anything yet. Phillip Rivers is NOT an elite QB in this league, and the Chargers will have yet another fall.

We just are not that far away from making a big change. I honestly believe that.

Comment

Wow, this is a crazy thread. I don't believe that at all.

ARe you saying we won't have a team competitive enough to to considered good enought to have a chance to win it for 10 years? No way I see that happening.

Now will it be 10 years before we are in a super bowl? Possible because it's hard to get the the super bowl even for very good teams.

I wonder if you will still feel the same if we have a good season next year?

Comment

Yeah, I know about "those" teams that went from really sucky teams to greatness in one year but my point is more that we would have to win 3 beat 2 or 3 super bowl caliber teams to win the BIG one just because we are in the AFC and in the AFC West. Atlanta's division is up for grabs every year.

For an AFC team to win the Super Bowl, it can't be a pretender because it is like they will have to play the super bowl 3 times.

I agree about Cutler, but he is going to get hurt with out O-Line and now that the Chargers are such a bitter rivalry and the fact that we play them twice a year, we better get our act together because nothing would make them feel better then to knock out our QB for good! Cutler and Marshall are a threat, but nothing else on our team looks threatening.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Must become a physical team

svpearson,

I think we will have a harder time than you think. The only reason why I believe so is that I think Shanny the GM must go. I have no belief in him as a GM and think that he has made some questionable FA and Draft choices in the past. We must become a physically dominant team in order to become SB contenders. We are too soft.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I know about "those" teams that went from really sucky teams to greatness in one year but my point is more that we would have to win 3 beat 2 or 3 super bowl caliber teams to win the BIG one just because we are in the AFC and in the AFC West. Atlanta's division is up for grabs every year.

For an AFC team to win the Super Bowl, it can't be a pretender because it is like they will have to play the super bowl 3 times.

I agree about Cutler, but he is going to get hurt with out O-Line and now that the Chargers are such a bitter rivalry and the fact that we play them twice a year, we better get our act together because nothing would make them feel better then to knock out our QB for good! Cutler and Marshall are a threat, but nothing else on our team looks threatening.
                      You have a good point. It was the same for the NFC during the Cowboy and 49er years. It seemed every year it was the Cowboys and the Niners in the NFC Championship game. Look at the QBs for those teams, Aikman and Young. Now its the AFC with Manning and Brady. But believe me when I say this, their reign WILL be coming to and end soon. History has always repeated itself. Everyone thinks these teams will be great forever, but they won't. They said the same thing about the Cowboys and the Niners. They said the same thing about the Buffalo Bills. They said the same thing about the Steelers in the '70s. All reigns run their course, and its not going to be different here.

You are right. YOu have to be GOOD to get to the SB in the AFC right now. But that doesn't mean we are far from that. That doesn't mean that another team is just one injury away from being 'average.'

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                        svpearson,

I think we will have a harder time than you think. The only reason why I believe so is that I think Shanny the GM must go. I have no belief in him as a GM and think that he has made some questionable FA and Draft choices in the past. We must become a physically dominant team in order to become SB contenders. We are too soft.

This is the first year that I don't think we were very physical and I think alot of it had to do with confusion on the defense. Even last year at 9 and 7 our defense was very good and physical. I could turn out to be wrong, but I think everyone predicted bad things for years to come are crazy to base that on 1 bad year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          Now its the AFC with Manning and Brady. But believe me when I say this, their reign WILL be coming to and end soon. History has always repeated itself.
                          Eventually Aikman and Young retired, Brady and Manning are about half way through their career. Only an their injury or retirement may speed things long for the Broncos unless we get some good talent scouts and some solid players soon.

Comment

First, The Chargers aren't that good right now. All they have is LT and Gates. LT is a running back give him 2 to 3 more years and i garuntee he starts to slow down. Gates on the other hand can be shut down with good game planning and who knows how much longer he wants to stay with the chargers. Rivers is a horrible QB he won't be able to lead his team to wins as soon as LT can't do it by himself any longer.

Second, Colts will lose players through free agency and Peyton Manning is in his best years right now. He is in the same bought as LT in 2 - 3 years he will simply not be as good as he is now. Now don't get me wrong he will prob still be considered one of the better QBs in the league but not the best or considered unstoppable like he is now. All they really have is Addai and Wayne and who knows how long those two will stay. Plus Addai hasn't proven anything yet to me yet. He seems to tear up a team one week then disappear the next.

Third, Patriots are the best they've ever been. They won't go undefeated again. As long as they have Tom Brady will be consistantly one of the best teams in the league but they are getting old fast. Their linebackers are all 30+. Rodney Harrison doesn't have many years left let alone productive years left. Randy Moss, Stallworth, and Welker themselves are not all that young and we still have to see how long they will be eating that humble pie before one of them gets upset with production once Tom Brady doesn't throw 50 TD. Like I said before will be one of the league's elite for years to come but not like they were this year.

Finally, As much as people like to say alot of teams rebound from sub par seasons to make the playoffs and such. I don't think 7-9 reflects the Broncos talent. I think Broncos could have easily been 11-5 or 12-4. I'm not sayin we should have had that record but that we easily could have if we had played with more consitancy. Plus the best team on the list i just mentioned the Pats we own them.

Comment

Look at it this way: we were hampered by injuries and by a new defensive scheme that didn't utilize the right players this season and we STILL finished 7-9. There's talent on this team.

We should be back in the playoffs within two years, and back in the Super Bowl, IMHO, within 5.
                              In Manning I trust.

Comment

Working...
                              X