It will be 10+ years before the Broncos see another Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svpearson View Post
    ...but I think everyone predicted bad things for years to come are crazy to base that on 1 bad year.
    It isn't the 1 bad year that makes me say this, it is because of all the turnover on the defense. Last year, in the first half we had an AWESOME defense, even before the results of Bates' defense I thought we should have keep our previous DC (Coyer), he could have learned to make adjustments during a game but no, we had to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Adding 1 or 2 new players on a squad can set the chemistry back a few games but a new coach can disrupt the chemistry for double that amount, then you add the new players to the squad too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
      Look at it this way: we were hampered by injuries and by a new defensive scheme that didn't utilize the right players this season and we STILL finished 7-9. There's talent on this team.

We should be back in the playoffs within two years, and back in the Super Bowl, IMHO, within 5.
      We all know about 4 of these games were won in the last seconds and at least one should have been lost, except for Shanny trick of icing the kicker.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
        It isn't the 1 bad year that makes me say this, it is because of all the turnover on the defense. Last year, in the first half we had an AWESOME defense, even before the results of Bates' defense I thought we should have keep our previous DC (Coyer), he could have learned to make adjustments during a game but no, we had to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Adding 1 or 2 new players on a squad can set the chemistry back a few games but a new coach can disrupt the chemistry for double that amount, then you add the new players to the squad too.
        Well, you were in the minority. Most people around wanted the DC gone. The last year he was here, it was his "season to make it." Things just absolutely fell apart the second half of the season. That ended his chances.

I think Bates gets another season. Let him learn us as much as we learn him.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
          We all know about 4 of these games were won in the last seconds and at least one should have been lost, except for Shanny trick of icing the kicker.
          I never buy into that crap about "should have lost." Because if you watch that entire game... THEY should have NEVER been in it. We completely dominated them ... both of them... the entire game. Therefore, its more accurate to say they "could" have won it.. but we SHOULD have won it.

Comment

A win is a win is a win is a win.

Whether it's by 3 points or 30.

Whether it's by a field goal or a touchdown.

Whether it's in overtime or over before the end of the opening quarter.

Fact is, we were 7-9. There were several games that we LOST close too, remember?
            In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              I never buy into that crap about "should have lost." Because if you watch that entire game... THEY should have NEVER been in it. We completely dominated them ... both of them... the entire game. Therefore, its more accurate to say they "could" have won it.. but we SHOULD have won it.
              Well, the same people who love to be down on the team because of games we nearly lost will never give credit for games we nearly won.

Two OT losses without touching the football, anybody?
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

So you are saying that we will get better if the other teams get worst or their best players get hurt or retire or leave the team in a trade. Ok, I'll agree to that.

You said the Chargers are not that good right now, but their record is 11-5. I'd say that is pretty good for not being a good team, that would mean their real potential is 12+ wins. It will be a real dog fight every year for to win the AFC West.

The only way I believe we will get better faster is if our O-Line get to be great! I believe everything else can evolve at a slower rate. Add to that, Special Teams. This has killed us year after year, this needs improvement and it probably cost us 3 games this year.

Originally posted by stretch14 View Post
                First, The Chargers aren't that good right now. All they have is LT and Gates. LT is a running back give him 2 to 3 more years and i garuntee he starts to slow down. Gates on the other hand can be shut down with good game planning and who knows how much longer he wants to stay with the chargers. Rivers is a horrible QB he won't be able to lead his team to wins as soon as LT can't do it by himself any longer.

Second, Colts will lose players through free agency and Peyton Manning is in his best years right now. He is in the same bought as LT in 2 - 3 years he will simply not be as good as he is now. Now don't get me wrong he will prob still be considered one of the better QBs in the league but not the best or considered unstoppable like he is now. All they really have is Addai and Wayne and who knows how long those two will stay. Plus Addai hasn't proven anything yet to me yet. He seems to tear up a team one week then disappear the next.

Third, Patriots are the best they've ever been. They won't go undefeated again. As long as they have Tom Brady will be consistantly one of the best teams in the league but they are getting old fast. Their linebackers are all 30+. Rodney Harrison doesn't have many years left let alone productive years left. Randy Moss, Stallworth, and Welker themselves are not all that young and we still have to see how long they will be eating that humble pie before one of them gets upset with production once Tom Brady doesn't throw 50 TD. Like I said before will be one of the league's elite for years to come but not like they were this year.

Finally, As much as people like to say alot of teams rebound from sub par seasons to make the playoffs and such. I don't think 7-9 reflects the Broncos talent. I think Broncos could have easily been 11-5 or 12-4. I'm not sayin we should have had that record but that we easily could have if we had played with more consitancy. Plus the best team on the list i just mentioned the Pats we own them.

Comment

I thought we should have keep our previous DC (Coyer), he could have learned to make adjustments during a game
                  This made me laugh out loud.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I'm not going to even touch the part about the Broncos because to say anything about 10 years from now in the NFL is just ......

The thing that I find funniest in the post is the talk about these other teams being so good for a long time. The Pats have a ton of key players that are nearing retirement or paydays(which they don't do). The Colts have some even more important positions getting up there in age including their HOF QB. I doubt he, Harrison, or many others of their great team will be playing, or at least as good as they are, for that many years.

The Chargers are going to be a mess. They have a ton of players that are all within a couple years of eachother, contract wise. They are not an elite team now and they will only have to get rid of players starting here soon. Rivers is not very good, plus they don't have any scary receivers. LT is not going to be dominant for much longer if he at all follows the timetable of most great RB's. This is especiallly true because like LJ, he is relied upon a LOT in that offense.

In order for any of these teams to be as good as you think they are for the next 10 years, they will still have to replace a ton. It isn't like they are going to be the same teams for the next 10 years and we are the only ones that have to make moves. Especially the Colts and Pats, their biggest stars will most likely not be good for another 10 years. When Payton and Tom leave or just get old, those teams will not be even close to where they are now.

Comment

i dunno bout 10......the packers sucked 2 years ago, and are doing well this year. The bears KILLED last year, but suck this year. You just never know. Given a good offseason (no more m.clarett or trading of a billion picks) they should be back into contention next year.
                      Let's draft her....

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        Trust me on this... the Chargers do NOT have any kind of 'dynasty'.... they haven't won anything yet. Phillip Rivers is NOT an elite QB in this league, and the Chargers will have yet another fall.
                        you pretty much have to tell yourself that at this point, because so far we have evidence to the contrary, and broncos fans aren't expected to admit a rival could have a dynasty
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          you pretty much have to tell yourself that at this point, because so far we have evidence to the contrary, and broncos fans aren't expected to admit a rival could have a dynasty
                          If you want to have a dynasty, you're going to have to win something more than a couple AFC West crowns. Hate to break it to you, but an AFC West "dynasty" is worth about as much as a sack full of ear wax.

So, I guess, congratulations on that.
                          In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                            I don't think I've ever heard of a team called a dynasty just because they won a division two years in a row.
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic
                            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                              If you want to have a dynasty, you're going to have to win something more than a couple AFC West crowns. Hate to break it to you, but an AFC West "dynasty" is worth about as much as a sack full of ear wax.

So, I guess, congratulations on that.
                              and likewise...to have a franchise qb you're going to have to do alot better than 9-12 as a qb

denver fans act like they have a dynasty right now
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                                I don't think I've ever heard of a team called a dynasty just because they won a division two years in a row.
                                oh we don't have anything close to one

the only dynasty in recent memory is NE's you need to win 3 sbs with a core group of players/coaches to be considered a dynasty
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X