Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    oh we don't have anything close to one

the only dynasty in recent memory is NE's you need to win 3 sbs with a core group of players/coaches to be considered a dynasty
    Ok... just making sure.

I can't necessarily argue with your criteria, even though I want to.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

you pretty much have to tell yourself that at this point, because so far we have evidence to the contrary, and broncos fans aren't expected to admit a rival could have a dynasty

ahh gotta love the charger koolaid..mmmmgood

you accually believe you have a dynasty...you won the afc west two years in a row and beat the broncos 4 games in a row...but that hardly equals the makeings of a dynasty

try winning at least a couple back to back superbowls then we will talk about a possible dynasty bid

funny stuff jc, funny stuff
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        ahh gotta love the charger koolaid..mmmmgood

you accually believe you have a dynasty...you won the afc west two years in a row and beat the broncos 4 games in a row...but that hardly equals the makeings of a dynasty

try winning at least a couple back to back superbowls then we will talk about a possible dynasty bid

funny stuff jc, funny stuff
        Note to Charger fans: winning ONE (1) playoff game would be a BIG step forward.
        In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
          This made me laugh out loud.
          Well then, Bates MUST go because if Coyer doesn't get a pass for having the best defense (as far as points/TDs allowed) in 50+ years then Bates has to go for having a sucky defense all year!
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
            When Payton and Tom leave or just get old, those teams will not be even close to where they are now.
            The above quote I agree with, but the Colts did pretty good replacing Stockley so why shouldn't they be able to find yet another receiver to replace Harrison, granted it isn't easy replacing him but with Manning throwing to you almost any receiver will go to the HOF.

How could you say that the Chargers are a mess? They are 11-5 and dismantled us twice. Man, I hate them!
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by jumpslash View Post
              i dunno bout 10......the packers sucked 2 years ago, and are doing well this year. The bears KILLED last year, but suck this year. You just never know. Given a good offseason (no more m.clarett or trading of a billion picks) they should be back into contention next year.
              Yeah, I can go with that. It just seems like the last 10 years we've waffled as a mediocre team.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                Note to Charger fans: winning ONE (1) playoff game would be a BIG step forward.
                ain't that the f'n truth

i'm all in favor of contracting the franchise and spreading the players out to the other 31 teams in the league via a lottery, if they lose to the injured titans on sunday.
                sigpic

Comment

I've never seen such an idiotic thread!

How in hell does anybody have the slightest idea what will happen 5, let alone 10 years from now?

Ten years ago the BRONCOS had a dynasty and were about to finish their second consecutive SB championship with a 17-2 record.

Since then the Rams, the Ravens, the Bucs, the Steelers and now the Colts have come and gone.

And the only team to win multiple championships is the Patriots. So, they have a dynasty, and nobody else does.

Now suppose the Colts win another SB this year - or even NEXT year. Will they have a "dynasty"?

Probably yes. The minimum criteria for a "dynasty" is for a team to be good and in the playoffs for a number of years and win multiple SBs in that period. Winning three is more likely to convince people you are a dynasty.

The Steelers, the 49ers, the Cowboys and the Patriots all have had dynasties, because all have won multiple SBs. The Broncos won back to back, but they really are a marginal "dynasty" at best because they let the Jagwads rob them of the chance to go back-to-back-to-back. The real dynasty of the 90s was of course the Cowboys.

The Colts have been a SB contender for years and if they win back-to-back SBs they would qualify.

Now, in the next ten years, there's room for SEVERAL dynasties, including a Bronco "dynasty."

And absolutely NOBODY has any idea which team is going to establish that dynasty -- if any.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                    The above quote I agree with, but the Colts did pretty good replacing Stockley so why shouldn't they be able to find yet another receiver to replace Harrison, granted it isn't easy replacing him but with Manning throwing to you almost any receiver will go to the HOF.

How could you say that the Chargers are a mess? They are 11-5 and dismantled us twice. Man, I hate them!
                    yeah i don't see how anyone can think sd is a mess

they have one of the top GMs in the sport, they've had wholesale changes in coaching since last year, losing both coordinators and bringing in a new HC, and they still managed to go 11-5 and end the season on a big winning streak just like they did last season and that's with a team getting used to a new system and qb getting used to life without his safety valve wr eric parker for the whole season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                      I've never seen such an idiotic thread!

How in hell does anybody have the slightest idea what will happen 5, let alone 10 years from now?
                      Ok, 10 was an arbitrary (high) number, I guess my frustration is showing.

Maybe "dynasty" was the wrong word too.

I guess I'm saying that the Broncos are farther away then people think, not only because of rebuilding needed but because of the multiple huge obstacles that are in front of us to to get to the SB as an AFC team.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcaeus15 View Post
                        I honestly thought we should of went to the super bowl in 05 season where we were 13-3 (That was the 05 season right?). I think if it wasn't Jerome Bettis's last year and all that teary-eyed crap, we would of beat the steelers. We have the past two times. I kinda agree with you though. It'll be a while before we get to a superbowl. But hey, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Let's make the playoffs first.
                        That was one of the worse NFL seasons I have seen. AFCC and the SB were handed to the Steelers.

I have never seen that many bad calls till this year.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not trying to be negative, it just seems that the Chargers are building a dynasty of a playoff team, Colts are well on the midst of their dynasty of a playoff team and now the Patriots are even stronger than they were and will only get better after this year's draft.

It used to be that we had to try to get past the Colts, now that crowd has gotten so big (look out for the Jaguars) we MUST have great FA acquisitions and drafts, not to mention coaching to compete. If we keep switching coaches, add a few more years to this wait.
                          Spare us all your posts and go find another team then. See ya.

Comment

ain't that the f'n truth

i'm all in favor of contracting the franchise and spreading the players out to the other 31 teams in the league via a lottery, if they lose to the injured titans on sunday.
                            Can we put in a special request for L.T. please?

To make it fair, we'll give you Travis Henry!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post
                              Can we put in a special request for L.T. please?

To make it fair, we'll give you Travis Henry!
                              i said "lottery" .....and you wouldn't be giving us anyone because "contracting a franchise" means killing it , as in there is no more "us" to give anything to lol
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm not trying to be negative, it just seems that the Chargers are building a dynasty of a playoff team, Colts are well on the midst of their dynasty of a playoff team and now the Patriots are even stronger than they were and will only get better after this year's draft.

It used to be that we had to try to get past the Colts, now that crowd has gotten so big (look out for the Jaguars) we MUST have great FA acquisitions and drafts, not to mention coaching to compete. If we keep switching coaches, add a few more years to this wait.

Hey, im not a big drinker my self so I thought I would ask an expert "YOU" a couple of questions so I can better understand your post.

What do you drink before you make your crazy post like this? Do you also like to drink before lunch, or do you start during breakfast?

Comment

Working...
                                X