It will be 10+ years before the Broncos see another Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    i said "lottery" .....and you wouldn't be giving us anyone because "contracting a franchise" means killing it , as in there is no more "us" to give anything to lol
    And you don't think lotteries aren't rigged?

We'll take L.T. and you can have Henry... I know what "contracting" a franchise means... I'm just saying....

TAKE HENRY ANYWAYS!!!

Think of it as an breaking up the franchise gift... Maybe you guys could find something of use for him to do?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post

We'll take L.T. and you can have Henry... I know what "contracting" a franchise means... I'm just saying....

TAKE HENRY ANYWAYS!!!

Think of it as an breaking up the franchise gift... Maybe you guys could find something of use for him to do?
      Yeah, if you need your bong loaded, he's your guy.
      In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        I think you guys will be surprised. This team is not void of talent. We finally have a franchise quality QB.. which makes it MUCh easier to build around. We have a lot of young talent on the team.

Both the Rams and the Falcons went from a 2-14 season to the SB the next year. There have been MANY teams that turned things around. Our own Broncos in '99 started a 2nd year QB, had a ton of injuries, and went 6-10. They followed that up with 11-5

Trust me on this... the Chargers do NOT have any kind of 'dynasty'.... they haven't won anything yet. Phillip Rivers is NOT an elite QB in this league, and the Chargers will have yet another fall.

We just are not that far away from making a big change. I honestly believe that.

I have to agree, when you look at how bad the Dline was. Its not hard to imagen getting at least an average-above average Dline in the off season, that takes what 2 good players , in our case one player coming off of injury and another come off injury and playing to his 1st round pick. Some of the other young players that we have could come threw, Thomas looks pretty good.

We need 1 maybe 2 good LB additions. Keep in mind I'm not saying we need a beast of all players, we do not. we just need too be in the above average range.

I think Oline will be improved next year with Tom coming back. With that I think we can be what alot of us thought we were this year.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

I don't know how long it will take us to get to the Super Bowl again, but as far as your statement about the Chargers becoming a "dynasty," I only have two words....

NORV TURNER

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            I've never seen such an idiotic thread!

How in hell does anybody have the slightest idea what will happen 5, let alone 10 years from now?

Ten years ago the BRONCOS had a dynasty and were about to finish their second consecutive SB championship with a 17-2 record.

Since then the Rams, the Ravens, the Bucs, the Steelers and now the Colts have come and gone.

And the only team to win multiple championships is the Patriots. So, they have a dynasty, and nobody else does.

Now suppose the Colts win another SB this year - or even NEXT year. Will they have a "dynasty"?

Probably yes. The minimum criteria for a "dynasty" is for a team to be good and in the playoffs for a number of years and win multiple SBs in that period. Winning three is more likely to convince people you are a dynasty.

The Steelers, the 49ers, the Cowboys and the Patriots all have had dynasties, because all have won multiple SBs. The Broncos won back to back, but they really are a marginal "dynasty" at best because they let the Jagwads rob them of the chance to go back-to-back-to-back. The real dynasty of the 90s was of course the Cowboys.

The Colts have been a SB contender for years and if they win back-to-back SBs they would qualify.

Now, in the next ten years, there's room for SEVERAL dynasties, including a Bronco "dynasty."

And absolutely NOBODY has any idea which team is going to establish that dynasty -- if any.
            I agree with you cugal, thank god this guy dont run the show he would have us dump the next ten years for draft picks.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
              I don't know how long it will take us to get to the Super Bowl again, but as far as your statement about the Chargers becoming a "dynasty," I only have two words....

NORV TURNER

Well.....I thought the same thing before this year....but Norv has his team in the playoffs this year.........dynasty???.....I hope not.

I hate to think the broncos would not go back to the superbowl for ANOTHER 10 years.........but time will tell.......this year...they were definitely headed in the wrong direction though.
              My 3 favorite teams:
              1.The Denver Broncos
              2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
              3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post

TAKE HENRY ANYWAYS!!!

i guess if the city of sd needed repopulating they would take it into consideration lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                  I'm not trying to be negative, it just seems that the Chargers are building a dynasty of a playoff team, Colts are well on the midst of their dynasty of a playoff team and now the Patriots are even stronger than they were and will only get better after this year's draft.

It used to be that we had to try to get past the Colts, now that crowd has gotten so big (look out for the Jaguars) we MUST have great FA acquisitions and drafts, not to mention coaching to compete. If we keep switching coaches, add a few more years to this wait.
                  For the most part, what the NFL tried to do with the salary cap bringing "Parity", has succeeded. There does appear to be a trend by teams like the Patriots and Colts toward players willing to take less money in order to stay on a winning team. I believe that this will be short lived. Guys like Moss will most likely want more money and the team will just go shopping for a replacement. Two or three players doing the same thing could have deep conciquences for a team like that.

I believe through the draft and possibly a free agent or two, the Broncos could be competitive much sooner then anyone expects. A super bowl may be a few seasons away, but some teams don't seem to ever get there.

The advantage that the Broncos have is that they have been there before and have a history of winning. A lot of it is attitude and that needs to be passed along to the up and coming players before everyone who has been there, is gone.

Comment

replying to the OP......Sad to say. ...

The way this team has been playing, it wouldn't surprise me, hope they wake up.

Hope they prove me wrong.
                    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 01-04-2008, 05:08 PM. Reason: cuz

Comment

10+ years is too long. I think it will be three years.

Comment

My prediction is 7 years. If you look at the talent around the league, like the Colts and Pats, most of their players are in their 30s. In 7 years(or so) they will on their way to retirement. & in 7 years, we will have the opposite thing happen. All of our younger players will be well experienced and primed for a superbowl run.

Can't wait for superbowl 49!!!

Comment

I believe i have already made about 3 bets that the Broncos will win a Super Bowl in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                            i guess if the city of sd needed repopulating they would take it into consideration lol
                            Well it sucks we do not have a Mexico or Los Angeles team yet...we may have had a team to trade him to!

Comment

Originally posted by broncophan View Post
                              Well.....I thought the same thing before this year....but Norv has his team in the playoffs this year.........dynasty???.....I hope not.

I hate to think the broncos would not go back to the superbowl for ANOTHER 10 years.........but time will tell.......this year...they were definitely headed in the wrong direction though.
                              It's not uncommon for a new coach to do well when he follows a successful predecessor (see Callahan after following Gruden in Oakland). The true test is what that coach does after a few seasons under his leadership.

Even so, Norv barely scratched out the division championship with EVERY SINGLE starter returning from Marty's team. After a few seasons, the Bolts will be the Dolts, and Norv will be the reason.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                                It's not uncommon for a new coach to do well when he follows a successful predecessor (see Callahan after following Gruden in Oakland). The true test is what that coach does after a few seasons under his leadership.

Even so, Norv barely scratched out the division championship with EVERY SINGLE starter returning from Marty's team. After a few seasons, the Bolts will be the Dolts, and Norv will be the reason.
                                The Chargers should remain a good team as long as they keep drafting good players. And Norv Turner doesn't get to make personnel decisions, the GM does that.

That said, he's not won any playoff games yet for San Diego, so we'll see. As of right now there's just no chance the Chargers will get past either the Colts or Patriots, but they could easily beat the Titans.

On the other hand, it would be totally hilarious if the Titans (who nearly beat them in the regular season) managed to beat the Chargers and knock them out in the first round AGAIN!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X