X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haciendadad
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Hey, im not a big drinker my self so I thought I would ask an expert "YOU" a couple of questions so I can better understand your post.

What do you drink before you make your crazy post like this? Do you also like to drink before lunch, or do you start during breakfast?
    If I had said this back in '99 you would have said the same thing but look at the Broncos now.

Fine, believe this team will be back in a year or two. We may be lucky to get into the playoffs again in the next year or two, but we won't have the depth to get past the AFC teams that are strong now. We'll be a first round exit. Each year you can see a few teams make the playoffs and you know they are not real contenders, in all honesty that is what the Broncos have done in the last few appearances in the playoffs.

I think our biggest problem is going to be coaching, it has been for years (Defense, Special Teams). Shannahan's best years are behind him.

The main difference I see between us and some of the best AFC teams (heck, NFL teams) is that they play 60 minutes of football. Like the Titans did this weekend, we can play good in the first half but we can't continuously close the deal. If you can't see that, then send me the name of what you ware drinking.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    TO the original poster.... Stop dipping it Henry's stash... its not healthy.

It will not take 10 years unless something horribly goes wrong (ie shanny leaves, and 1/2 the team wants to get out of denver)

The thing is the time-line i traced out for the Broncos has actually be sped up, i had this year to be a 10-6 while his 2nd year to be the 'bad year'. Yet the offense is talented missing its true Franchise back. (face it Selvin is not that back) and a Defense that is adiquate.

1st full year at jay at the helm (i predicted a 10-6 season)

2nd full year (4-12 probably 6-10 - riddled with injuries on the defense)

3rd full year (11-5) Jay finally finds his true feel for the Offense and becomes more independent from what Shanahan and Helmdinger say. Learning from each game he pulls off some marginal wins while making teams look stupid as he dismantles them.(wins 1 playoff game loses the 2nd)

4th Full year (12-4 - 13-3), has finally grasped the majority of the team around him, the team responds to his leadership as he can change plays to suit needs to counter act the defense. He can pull come from the behind wins if needed but tries to put the game away even when the playcalling calls for conservatism when they have the lead. (gets into the Superbowl but looses by a FG)

5th Full year (12-4 - 14-2) This year will be known as the BIG PUSH where the Broncos win it all.
    Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 01-05-2008, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    When Jay took over at the QB spot I wondered what it would be like as he grew into the position while people compared him to Elway. I gave the Broncos with the new man Jay a 2-5 year time frame to become competitive meaning........ win it all.

Look how long it took John to get his first SB win. If we want to compare Jay to John, can we all handle 13 more years of no Super Bowl trophys? I would think not.

I hate the comparison thing. It isn't fair to Jay or John really. John did so much for us. No doubt we all love him and always will. He was our savior and our hero.

But now Jay is the new generation and he needs to show the old guy up and set some new records. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    It's not uncommon for a new coach to do well when he follows a successful predecessor (see Callahan after following Gruden in Oakland). The true test is what that coach does after a few seasons under his leadership.

Even so, Norv barely scratched out the division championship with EVERY SINGLE starter returning from Marty's team. After a few seasons, the Bolts will be the Dolts, and Norv will be the reason.
    The Chargers should remain a good team as long as they keep drafting good players. And Norv Turner doesn't get to make personnel decisions, the GM does that.

That said, he's not won any playoff games yet for San Diego, so we'll see. As of right now there's just no chance the Chargers will get past either the Colts or Patriots, but they could easily beat the Titans.

On the other hand, it would be totally hilarious if the Titans (who nearly beat them in the regular season) managed to beat the Chargers and knock them out in the first round AGAIN!

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by broncophan View Post
    Well.....I thought the same thing before this year....but Norv has his team in the playoffs this year.........dynasty???.....I hope not.

I hate to think the broncos would not go back to the superbowl for ANOTHER 10 years.........but time will tell.......this year...they were definitely headed in the wrong direction though.
    It's not uncommon for a new coach to do well when he follows a successful predecessor (see Callahan after following Gruden in Oakland). The true test is what that coach does after a few seasons under his leadership.

Even so, Norv barely scratched out the division championship with EVERY SINGLE starter returning from Marty's team. After a few seasons, the Bolts will be the Dolts, and Norv will be the reason.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    i guess if the city of sd needed repopulating they would take it into consideration lol
    Well it sucks we do not have a Mexico or Los Angeles team yet...we may have had a team to trade him to!

Leave a comment:

• Broncos055
    replied
    I believe i have already made about 3 bets that the Broncos will win a Super Bowl in 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderHater9899
    replied
    My prediction is 7 years. If you look at the talent around the league, like the Colts and Pats, most of their players are in their 30s. In 7 years(or so) they will on their way to retirement. & in 7 years, we will have the opposite thing happen. All of our younger players will be well experienced and primed for a superbowl run.

Can't wait for superbowl 49!!!

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    10+ years is too long. I think it will be three years.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    replying to the OP......Sad to say. ...

The way this team has been playing, it wouldn't surprise me, hope they wake up.

Hope they prove me wrong.
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 01-04-2008, 05:08 PM. Reason: cuz

Leave a comment:

• BoltNut
    replied
    Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
    I'm not trying to be negative, it just seems that the Chargers are building a dynasty of a playoff team, Colts are well on the midst of their dynasty of a playoff team and now the Patriots are even stronger than they were and will only get better after this year's draft.

It used to be that we had to try to get past the Colts, now that crowd has gotten so big (look out for the Jaguars) we MUST have great FA acquisitions and drafts, not to mention coaching to compete. If we keep switching coaches, add a few more years to this wait.
    For the most part, what the NFL tried to do with the salary cap bringing "Parity", has succeeded. There does appear to be a trend by teams like the Patriots and Colts toward players willing to take less money in order to stay on a winning team. I believe that this will be short lived. Guys like Moss will most likely want more money and the team will just go shopping for a replacement. Two or three players doing the same thing could have deep conciquences for a team like that.

I believe through the draft and possibly a free agent or two, the Broncos could be competitive much sooner then anyone expects. A super bowl may be a few seasons away, but some teams don't seem to ever get there.

The advantage that the Broncos have is that they have been there before and have a history of winning. A lot of it is attitude and that needs to be passed along to the up and coming players before everyone who has been there, is gone.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    And you don't think lotteries aren't rigged?

We'll take L.T. and you can have Henry... I know what "contracting" a franchise means... I'm just saying....

TAKE HENRY ANYWAYS!!!

Think of it as an breaking up the franchise gift... Maybe you guys could find something of use for him to do?
    i guess if the city of sd needed repopulating they would take it into consideration lol

Leave a comment:

• broncophan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    I don't know how long it will take us to get to the Super Bowl again, but as far as your statement about the Chargers becoming a "dynasty," I only have two words....

NORV TURNER

Well.....I thought the same thing before this year....but Norv has his team in the playoffs this year.........dynasty???.....I hope not.

I hate to think the broncos would not go back to the superbowl for ANOTHER 10 years.........but time will tell.......this year...they were definitely headed in the wrong direction though.

Leave a comment:

• tnickell
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel View Post
    I've never seen such an idiotic thread!

How in hell does anybody have the slightest idea what will happen 5, let alone 10 years from now?

Ten years ago the BRONCOS had a dynasty and were about to finish their second consecutive SB championship with a 17-2 record.

Since then the Rams, the Ravens, the Bucs, the Steelers and now the Colts have come and gone.

And the only team to win multiple championships is the Patriots. So, they have a dynasty, and nobody else does.

Now suppose the Colts win another SB this year - or even NEXT year. Will they have a "dynasty"?

Probably yes. The minimum criteria for a "dynasty" is for a team to be good and in the playoffs for a number of years and win multiple SBs in that period. Winning three is more likely to convince people you are a dynasty.

The Steelers, the 49ers, the Cowboys and the Patriots all have had dynasties, because all have won multiple SBs. The Broncos won back to back, but they really are a marginal "dynasty" at best because they let the Jagwads rob them of the chance to go back-to-back-to-back. The real dynasty of the 90s was of course the Cowboys.

The Colts have been a SB contender for years and if they win back-to-back SBs they would qualify.

Now, in the next ten years, there's room for SEVERAL dynasties, including a Bronco "dynasty."

And absolutely NOBODY has any idea which team is going to establish that dynasty -- if any.
    I agree with you cugal, thank god this guy dont run the show he would have us dump the next ten years for draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    I don't know how long it will take us to get to the Super Bowl again, but as far as your statement about the Chargers becoming a "dynasty," I only have two words....

NORV TURNER

Leave a comment:

Working...
X