We Don't Need Javon or Another Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Don't Need Javon or Another Receiver

I don't want to sound bitter about Javon because I loved watching him play and I still think he could be a better receiver than Marshall if he fully healed, but looking at our receiver sets, do we really need him, or another receiver for that matter? Brandon Marshall would make a great number one receiver, and I feel Stokely would be a adaquate number two (I know he would be used a lot better in the slot but I feel he could be an average number two which he has proven this year), and I think we could have our underneath threat/slot in Scheffler (Sort of how Indy uses Clark). With Selvin in the flat, I feel Cutler has more than enough targets,and I don't think we will see a drop at all in our passing game. At the beginning of the year I thought we had too much talent to spread the ball around. I hear how we need to draft a receiver or pick up Chad Johnson, but I think we have bigger needs. I'm gonna miss Javon, but I see this as a good opportunity to to get maybe a third or fourth round pick for him, which we could use to help our defense even more.

Stokley is a slot receiver, not a No2......Thanks for playin......

Comment

We do need another receiver. We need somebody with speed that will stretch the field. Because trust me if people start doubling Marshall he will have problems.
      Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
        Stokley is a slot receiver, not a No2......Thanks for playin......
        Not to mention, we'd be a Brandon Marshall/Stokley(who deals with injuries) injury away from starting Glen Martinez.

Yea, we don't need another WR.

Comment

We don't need another top class reciever, I'd agree with that.

But none of Marshall, Stokely or Scheffler are a genuine deep threat and, although we don't throw the ball deep very often, having a genuine burner on the team will be a big assett that teams have to respect, especially with Cutler's arm.

This will in turn open things up for the others to be even more effective.

So yeah, we do need another reciever.

Comment

we need someone to stretch the field opposite marshall, otherwise we become 1 dimensional in 2 tight ends sets and 2 reciever sets etc... stokley is a slot and is best suited there, martinez will come around but under guidance from stokley as another slot guy, he is not ready for the number 2 spot either. a FA would be the best way to fill this need.

so yes we do need another wideout if javon leaves!

Comment

we do need another WR.. absolutely we do. Marshall is a young star, but why not make that star even better by giving him help.

Comment

Maybe not a star WR but a really good one.

One that can take pressure off of Bmarsh. One that can Give little Brandon a 1 on 1 situation which has a way of manipulating.

One that can cause a threat down field that will releave pressure up front for our running game.

We need another WR.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes....you are all correct. All season long, all I've heard is how poorly our WR core is performing. If we could upgrade (or even have Javon return from injury) we'd be on our way to the Super Bowl.

Wake up. This team is in crisis. We need O and D line help immediately! It would be wonderful to sign CJ, or keep paying Javon, but if this team is to compete, concessions will have to be made.

I think the fact the the two Brandons will have to carry the WR load, with a lot of help from out TE's, is going to be a reality. They won't set any yardage records, but they will be good enough to keep us in any game.

Comment

It seems like the same positions can never get fixed.

We have been looking for an upgrade at receiver for years now...

The same can be said for the defensive line.

Now, with our safety positions in question, with the oline, I think we have a lot of work ahead of us..

Comment

DJ Hackett!

Comment

I agree with the post above... if Javon is traded we are going to need another receiver to fill his spot, if not teams will double team BMarsh and will not leave us with alot of options. We would greatly benefit from a burner who can stretch the field and give Cutler a chance to show his arm strength/long pass accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan08901 View Post
                          I don't want to sound bitter about Javon because I loved watching him play and I still think he could be a better receiver than Marshall if he fully healed, but looking at our receiver sets, do we really need him, or another receiver for that matter? Brandon Marshall would make a great number one receiver, and I feel Stokely would be a adaquate number two (I know he would be used a lot better in the slot but I feel he could be an average number two which he has proven this year), and I think we could have our underneath threat/slot in Scheffler (Sort of how Indy uses Clark). With Selvin in the flat, I feel Cutler has more than enough targets,and I don't think we will see a drop at all in our passing game. At the beginning of the year I thought we had too much talent to spread the ball around. I hear how we need to draft a receiver or pick up Chad Johnson, but I think we have bigger needs. I'm gonna miss Javon, but I see this as a good opportunity to to get maybe a third or fourth round pick for him, which we could use to help our defense even more.
                          You lose at coaching from your couch.

Game over.

The Broncos need a receiver, maybe even two.

Comment

With the season Marshall just had, he will get the honor of double team coverage next year.

With that, we will need another guy to help free him up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
                              You lose at coaching from your couch.

Game over.

The Broncos need a receiver, maybe even two.
                              I have an idea, lets take some of those system Receivers from Hawaii!

Comment

Working...
                              X