No announcement yet.

We Don't Need Javon or Another Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a halfback which is a great receiving threat from a route, or from in the backfield, we need a receiver who can spread the field and has decent hands...I would say we need O-line help, fact is we need depth and a prospect at right tackle; if they think Harris can get it done at left tackle. Defensive line we need all our ends back and a defensive tackle or two. And we need a safety who is capable to start from the get go...in case.

I think we will see alot of free agent moves by Shanahan, then he will utilize the picks we have to secure those positions left; Denver will try and sign Corey Williams from Green Bay, I have no doubt of that, maybe Demorrio Williams from Atlanta, Bernard Berrian is a possible at receiver...but I do think Shanahan will be more inclined to sign a free agent receiver then bank on one in the draft for day one. They will likely try and sign either Ryan Lilja from Indianapolis or Jake Scott from Indianapolis...and as for a free safety I would like to see them trade with Dallas for Pat Watkins who is sitting behind Ken Hamlin, but was a standout starter just a year before as a rookie.

But we need more weapons for Cutler, our offense needs to find consitency and balance, something we have lacked for a long-time. We need a solid franchise back, another receiving threat - one who can also spread the field, we need solidify the offensive line for this season at least, because it will be Hamilton's and Nalen's last season on the roster.

Comment

What would you be willing to give up for another receiver? Yes, I know Stokely is a slot receiver (I stated so in my original post), but he is a sufficiant enough number two (As he proved for more than half the year). Our receiver set was amzing at the beggining of the year, now we are going to have to deal with it being just great. There are more pressing needs (such as o-line and defense). How did those great receiver sets work for Cincy. We still managed an amazing year passing the ball without Walker AND Scheffler, yet we won't be able to survive without just Javon. And what is with all the badmouthing about Glenn Martinez? He has been money all year. I don't remeber seeing him drop one pass. Ask yourself this: Is Marshall a capable receiver?.. Scheffler..? Stokely..? Young..? In my opinion, if you have more than two good or capable receivers, you have a good set. Maybe we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. Call me crazy, but I think that having a decent o-line and d-line is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan08901 View Post
        What would you be willing to give up for another receiver? Yes, I know Stokely is a slot receiver (I stated so in my original post), but he is a sufficiant enough number two (As he proved for more than half the year). Our receiver set was amzing at the beggining of the year, now we are going to have to deal with it being just great. There are more pressing needs (such as o-line and defense). How did those great receiver sets work for Cincy. We still managed an amazing year passing the ball without Walker AND Scheffler, yet we won't be able to survive without just Javon. And what is with all the badmouthing about Glenn Martinez? He has been money all year. I don't remeber seeing him drop one pass. Ask yourself this: Is Marshall a capable receiver?.. Scheffler..? Stokely..? Young..? In my opinion, if you have more than two good or capable receivers, you have a good set. Maybe we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. Call me crazy, but I think that having a decent o-line and d-line is more important.
        i will throw up if i see stokley at number 2 come the begining of the year. that means when marshall or stokley comes out we have glenn martinez and taylor jacobs come in.

i almost killed myself when i saw our 2 wrs in the RED ZONE were stokley and martinez for a series against the bears i believe, no thank you i never want to see that again.

the truth is Stokes isnt a number 2 never has never will. he is so goo in the slot because of the match ups he gets, he doesnt get those being a number 2
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          we do need another WR.. absolutely we do. Marshall is a young star, but why not make that star even better by giving him help.
          You're right... we tried having just one proven WR when Rod stood alone for a few years after Eddie Mac hit the silk. We need someone as good as BMarsh on the other side, so that Stokes can split the zones, along with Scheff.

Comment

i agree with you guys... we must have somebody else out there opposite of bmarsh. it wont work with just him and i think we will find somebody if walker leaves, which he really might not go.

Comment

why not

this may be a taking a gamble but why try and get lelie back i by now he understands he is not a #1 receiver trade man for walker for lelie

Comment

Don't really want Lelie back... his final actions in Denver didn't show any competitive fire. The other deal would be that JW is worth more than that, so I say we fish in another pond, IF Javon doesn't return. We can and should get more value for JW than that, since we traded a second round pick for him. Lelie is not even a starter anymore.
                Last edited by gobroncsnv; 01-06-2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

...................................DJ Hackett....................he's good
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                    We do need another receiver. We need somebody with speed that will stretch the field. Because trust me if people start doubling Marshall he will have problems.
                    Marshall's been getting doubled most of the season.....

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Yes, we need to fix the O line and especially the D line, but definitely another receiver is needed.

This is just not from being a "homer", but Earl Bennett might be hanging around somewhere in the draft and Cutler could throw to him with his eyes closed. Bennett has not made a decision on whether to come out or not. He is projected late first or early second round if he enters the draft. However, he is well on his way to completing his degree at Vandy since he entered school in the spring having graduated from high school in the fall of his senior year.
                      As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Stokely can do it....we should focus in other areas, even if Javon leaves. Stokely can be the number 2, and in 3 WR sets can move into the slot while Martinez or whoever else (I wish we didn't cut Hixon) can be on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurada View Post
                          Stokely can do it....we should focus in other areas, even if Javon leaves. Stokely can be the number 2, and in 3 WR sets can move into the slot while Martinez or whoever else (I wish we didn't cut Hixon) can be on the outside.
                          Stokley isn't as successful as a #2 receiver.

He's way more effective when he lines up in the slot.

I wouldn't want him lined up outside as a lone receiver..

Comment

for cutler's sake, we do need another wr.
                            Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                            Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Come on man! Do you honestly think we are better WITHOUT Javon Walker? Whos gonna step up? Martinez????? HELL NO!

Defensive back playing the broncos- "Hmm they have brandon marshall, and some dude that looks like a rat?" Better cover the rat...
                              Nobody reads sigs, hell nobody even reads my posts

Comment

Working...
                              X