Shannon Sharpe for Ring of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Sharpe for Ring of Fame?

I was standing in my shower this morning trying to clear my head, as you do, and I started thinking about the Broncos Ring of Fame. And I thought to myself, surely Shannon Sharpe must be in the Ring? But I couldn't recall any induction ceremony. So I checked out my 2007 Media Guide, and sure enough, he's not there.

I reckon he has to be a certainty for the Ring. (I also think he should be in the Hall of Fame as well, because of the effect he had on the TE position, but that's for another posting...) He was always Elway's go-to guy and an outlet receiver when the play broke down (e.g. final drive against the Steelers in the 1998 AFC Championship Game).

What are the criteria for getting into the Ring of Fame? Does he have to wait so many years after retirement, like with the HOF? Do you reckon he will be enshrined there?
    The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Originally posted by BroncomaniacUK View Post
    I was standing in my shower this morning trying to clear my head, as you do, and I started thinking about the Broncos Ring of Fame. And I thought to myself, surely Shannon Sharpe must be in the Ring? But I couldn't recall any induction ceremony. So I checked out my 2007 Media Guide, and sure enough, he's not there.

I reckon he has to be a certainty for the Ring. (I also think he should be in the Hall of Fame as well, because of the effect he had on the TE position, but that's for another posting...) He was always Elway's go-to guy and an outlet receiver when the play broke down (e.g. final drive against the Steelers in the 1998 AFC Championship Game).

What are the criteria for getting into the Ring of Fame? Does he have to wait so many years after retirement, like with the HOF? Do you reckon he will be enshrined there?
    Five years after retirement. I think we will see his name inducted into the HoF and Denver's RoF in the same year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      Five years after retirement. I think we will see his name inducted into the HoF and Denver's RoF in the same year.
      No doubt about it. Sharpe's a lock as soon as he's eligible.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Shannon is definately a first Ballot HOF'er and its obvious that he has his spot locked up in the ring of fame also.. I personally think they could've retired his jersey too. Not crying that they didn't but he is always gonna be 84 to me.. Javon Walker couldn't fill his shoes let alone that Jersey...

Comment

I love how they broke the Rules for Elway and put him on the ROF without the 5 years of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
            I love how they broke the Rules for Elway and put him on the ROF without the 5 years of eligibility.
            Elway was the king

Comment

Originally posted by BroncomaniacUK View Post

Dude needs to be in the Hall of Fame too.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Shannon absolutely deserves to be in the Ring of Fame. I always got a kick out of watching him play and the things that he would say. I hope that when he gets inducted I am there to see it. I was at the game when they did the Terrell Davis ceremony for his Ring induction. It was awesome.

Comment

Shannons a Lock for RoF - HoF may take more years

I agree in time Shannon should be in the HoF and he will be in the RoF at 5 years. His numbers qualify him him for the HoF no doubt, but so much competion for so few spots can delay his induction

Comment

Originally posted by suzukilc View Post
                    I agree in time Shannon should be in the HoF and he will be in the RoF at 5 years. His numbers qualify him him for the HoF no doubt, but so much competion for so few spots can delay his induction
                    It depends upon the other's up for HOF induction. I would think that Sharpe should beat out almost everyone on the ballot. If my holey memory of HOF procedures serves, there's something like up to 5 or 6 new inductees each year. I don't see that many players better than Sharpe on the ballot Sharpe's first year of eligibility.

Comment

Sharpe did retire with the best TE numbers in NFL history. If he's not a 1st ballot HoF, I don't know who should be.
                      sigpic

Comment

don't think so. at the time of his retirement he held just about every record a TE could get and i'm not talking buy a few digits, but by a large margin. plus you could say he revolutionized the position itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X