• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could martinez be a #2?

marshall is a #1

i think stokely can play another year or 2 at his best position - slot

walker is gone IMO and smith will retire IMO

we clearly need another receiver for depth if nothing else but my question is this -

do we spend some money or draft highly a #2 WR and have martinez at 3/4 rotating or do we play martinez at #2 and draft a WR in the middle rounds and spot him playing time but time to develop?

i really like martinez but i don't think he is a number 2, i just wondered what ppl's opinions were of him?

Good question.

Martinez doesnt seem to have the toosl to be a #2, we need a speed guy over there, and Martinez lacks in that area. Depending on if he's been hiding how good his hands are, i doubt he will ever make it to a # 2 WR. He did make some nice catches, and from what I saw he ran some nice routes. I like him as a #4 option, given a little more experience. With us having Marshal Stokely and our TE's I doubt a #4 will see much action though.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I don't see hime as a #2

He has the body of a kicker.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
        Good question.

Martinez doesnt seem to have the toosl to be a #2, we need a speed guy over there, and Martinez lacks in that area. Depending on if he's been hiding how good his hands are, i doubt he will ever make it to a # 2 WR. He did make some nice catches, and from what I saw he ran some nice routes. I like him as a #4 option, given a little more experience. With us having Marshal Stokely and our TE's I doubt a #4 will see much action though.
        speed was my biggest doubt too and his frame is a little agile although similar to mccaffrey although obviously not as good.

his main assets IMO is his ability to get open and his hands, he does'nt drop many

i think he would make a great slot either spotting stokely or when stokely goes

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          marshall is a #1

we clearly need another receiver for depth if nothing else but my question is this -

do we spend some money or draft highly a #2 WR and have martinez at 3/4 rotating or do we play martinez at #2 and draft a WR in the middle rounds and spot him playing time but time to develop?

i really like martinez but i don't think he is a number 2, i just wondered what ppl's opinions were of him?

no....no.....please no.....NEVER EVERY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            marshall is a #1

I dont think he can be, seems to fit better as a 3 or 4
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Is this a look of a #2 WR?

Comment

Gosh no.

Martinez should only play in the slot.

Correction.

Martinez should learn from one of the best slot receivers in Stokes to be the next slot man.

I doubt he's in our long term future, unless all of a sudden he shows a lot more then he has.

Comment

Besides Denver, he could maybe make a few NFL rosters. He shouldn't even be an option here.

Comment

no

i really think martinez is the first receiver in the career of jay cutler that he makes look better than he is.
                    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

I think Martinez is barely qualified to catch passes during pre-game warm-ups.....

Comment

I sure hope not!

The guy is a scrub, Kircus #2, Darius Watts, Todd Devoe.... He is NOT GOOD.

Yeah, he had a TD. Big whoop. He also had a fumble that day that allowed Tennessee to stay in the game. He has crucial drops, doesn't get open consistently, and looks like a deer in the headlights on the field. He looks like freaking Reche Caldwell.

To sum it up: Martinez is a scrub. I hope we never see him again.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

If he's the Broncos No2, the Broncos are in trouble......

He will be lucky to make the team.

But he's got one thing going for himself, Shanahan loves these kind of "The Next Rod Smith" projects.

My guess is Shanahan will move one when he realizes that he didn't catch lightening in a bottle......Again......

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                            hahaha nice one, this is the exact image of him I see when hes playing. Why is he returning punts. He has about average hands and thats about it. #4 reciever is pushing it.

Comment

I hope Martinez stays. He sucked returning punts, but he was a good receiver for us. I don't think he would make it as our number two, but he would be a good third receiver (to bad Stokely already has that job though). He wasn't called on much, but when he was, he delivered. He made the most of every opportunity and he did his job, which is more than I can say for half of our starters.

Comment

Working...
                              X