• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Power Rankings as of Today by Mark Gaughan

Power Rankings /

Updated: 01/06/08 7:49 AM

Mark Gaughan gives his final rankings of all 32 teams

1. New England Patriots. Veni, vidi, vici. (1)

2. Indianapolis Colts. Awaiting showdown in Foxborough. (2)

3. Dallas Cowboys. Might stumble next week if they played in AFC. (3)

4. Green Bay Packers. Mike McCarthy pushed all the right buttons. (4)

5. Jacksonville Jaguars. Garrard had strong year. (5)

6. San Diego Chargers. Which defense shows up? (6)

7. Pittsburgh Steelers. Hurt by injuries. (7)

8. Seattle Seahawks. Hasselbeck quietly was excellent. (8)

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Plus-15 in turnovers. (9)

10. New York Giants. Minus-9 in turnovers. (10)

11. Washington Redskins. Knock me over with a feather. Todd Collins had 106.4 passer rating. (12)

12. Tennessee Titans. In ’79, Gifford Nielsen led a big playoff win for this outfit in San Diego. (11)

13. Philadelphia Eagles. Would be nuts to trade McNabb. (14)

14. Cleveland Browns. Get ready for step back. Next year’s schedule is tough. (13)

15. Minnesota Vikings. Jackson showed enough to keep QB job. (15)

16. Houston Texans. Impressive. Texans 11th in pass offense, despite injury to Andre Johnson. (17)

17. New Orleans Saints. Will be better next year. (16)

18. Arizona Cardinals. Future in Matt Leinart’s hands. (21)

19. Denver Broncos. No. 30 in run defense. (20)

20. Carolina Panthers. Don’t count out Matt Moore. (23)

21. Chicago Bears. Cedric Benson underachieving. (24)

22. Buffalo Bills. Need a big defensive tackle. (18)

23. Detroit Lions. Matt Millen still cashing paychecks. (19)

24. Cincinnati Bengals. Need personality transplant. (22)

25. Baltimore Ravens. Change at top a good idea. (26)

26. Oakland Raiders. Rob Ryan survives as defensive chief. (25)

27. New York Jets. Gang Green needs overhaul. (28)

28. Kansas City Chiefs. Might Pennington and Herm reunite? (27)

29. St. Louis Rams. Linehan on thin ice next year. (29)

30. San Francisco 49ers. Stink. (30)

31. Atlanta Falcons. Stank. (31)

32Miami Dolphins. Stunk. (32)

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Well, with the season we just had and the uncertainty of next year, I can't say as I disagree with our #19 ranking. It is odd to see Arizona above us though.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

LMAO

look at 30,31,32, the comments

Comment

Is KC really thinking about Pennington??

I had also heard a RUMOR that Martz may be going there.

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post

I heard yesterday on a halftime show, I think, that Pennington will be staying in New York.

We're pretty well placed.

Does anyone think Millen might be gone after the collapse this year? The guy seems to never be accountable.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae View Post
            I heard yesterday on a halftime show, I think, that Pennington will be staying in New York.

We're pretty well placed.

Does anyone think Millen might be gone after the collapse this year? The guy seems to never be accountable.
            How Matt has been around surprises me. They should call him teflon man!

I just think the Ford family likes him.

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

How Matt has been around surprises me. They should call him teflon man!

I just think the Ford family likes him.
              Its their money. If they feel they like him, and they feel they want to keep him around because of that..... more power to them

Comment

:bye: Larry Johnson

Comment

Power rankings?

They're NOTHING to me. Just someones opinion who think he/she is an expert of some sort. Heck, we can all make our power rankings on these boards and people wouldn't really take them seriously or anything.

Comment

Gee, Martz and Pennington? What a disaster that would be. Martz would probably have a noose for himself in the locker room for halftime of the 1st game.
                    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
                      Power rankings?

They're NOTHING to me. Just someones opinion who think he/she is an expert of some sort. Heck, we can all make our power rankings on these boards and people wouldn't really take them seriously or anything.

Power rankings are not established by opinions. They are derrived by a compilation of all kinds of stats.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

No. 30 in run defense. (20)[/B]
                        Thats all that needs to be said!

2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by CHAMP BAILEY!

Originally posted by RiversOWNSDonks
                        Chargers will win a SB, before Broncos make the playoffs. I have no doubt about that!
                        O no we havent made the playoffs in 2 years how long has it been since Dolts won the SB...O ya
                        This might be up for awhile, Im keeping this up until the Dolts win a SB!

Comment

Originally posted by 24bailey24 View Post
                          Thats all that needs to be said!
                          I think we were bad as a whole.....If run defense was all that mattered we would be in front of Miami and Oakland.
                          Careful what you wish for, Darth , cause here comes the worst DC in the league...... -stnzd
                          What's that? Need proof? http://dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

Goodbye social life...

My Mojo!

Comment

But what was the thing that killed us all year!! O ya, RUN DEFENSE

2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by CHAMP BAILEY!

Originally posted by RiversOWNSDonks
                            Chargers will win a SB, before Broncos make the playoffs. I have no doubt about that!
                            O no we havent made the playoffs in 2 years how long has it been since Dolts won the SB...O ya
                            This might be up for awhile, Im keeping this up until the Dolts win a SB!

Comment

Power Rankings /

Updated: 01/06/08 7:49 AM

Mark Gaughan gives his final rankings of all 32 teams

1. New England Patriots. Veni, vidi, vici. (1)

2. Indianapolis Colts. Awaiting showdown in Foxborough. (2)

3. Dallas Cowboys. Might stumble next week if they played in AFC. (3)

4. Green Bay Packers. Mike McCarthy pushed all the right buttons. (4)

5. Jacksonville Jaguars. Garrard had strong year. (5)

6. San Diego Chargers. Which defense shows up? (6)

7. Pittsburgh Steelers. Hurt by injuries. (7)

8. Seattle Seahawks. Hasselbeck quietly was excellent. (8)

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Plus-15 in turnovers. (9)

10. New York Giants. Minus-9 in turnovers. (10)

11. Washington Redskins. Knock me over with a feather. Todd Collins had 106.4 passer rating. (12)

12. Tennessee Titans. In ’79, Gifford Nielsen led a big playoff win for this outfit in San Diego. (11)

13. Philadelphia Eagles. Would be nuts to trade McNabb. (14)

14. Cleveland Browns. Get ready for step back. Next year’s schedule is tough. (13)

15. Minnesota Vikings. Jackson showed enough to keep QB job. (15)

16. Houston Texans. Impressive. Texans 11th in pass offense, despite injury to Andre Johnson. (17)

17. New Orleans Saints. Will be better next year. (16)

18. Arizona Cardinals. Future in Matt Leinart’s hands. (21)

19. Denver Broncos. No. 30 in run defense. (20)

20. Carolina Panthers. Don’t count out Matt Moore. (23)

21. Chicago Bears. Cedric Benson underachieving. (24)

22. Buffalo Bills. Need a big defensive tackle. (18)

23. Detroit Lions. Matt Millen still cashing paychecks. (19)

24. Cincinnati Bengals. Need personality transplant. (22)

25. Baltimore Ravens. Change at top a good idea. (26)

26. Oakland Raiders. Rob Ryan survives as defensive chief. (25)

27. New York Jets. Gang Green needs overhaul. (28)

28. Kansas City Chiefs. Might Pennington and Herm reunite? (27)

29. St. Louis Rams. Linehan on thin ice next year. (29)

30. San Francisco 49ers. Stink. (30)

31. Atlanta Falcons. Stank. (31)

32Miami Dolphins. Stunk. (32)
                              I don't get why we aren't #1.......
                              sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Working...
                              X